“Quiet and close to UC Davis”

Best Western University Lodge
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Davis
San Francisco, California
“Quiet and close to UC Davis”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We were in Davis for a one night orientation at UC Davis. The hotel was a good value, close to campus and quiet. However, the air conditioner was a wall unit which was very loud - luckily it cooled off enough to sleep without the air conditioner. Room was small but clean. The queen bed was odd - comfortable on one side, and lumpy/saggy on the other.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Seattle
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I chose this hotel because it was about $50 less per night than the Aggie Inn which is right next door. Everything worked well, the room was quiet, clean, and well appointed. The room and the bathroom are small.

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the back of the hotel. B Street can be a bit noisy.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Art T
Mesa, Arizona
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We booked 3 rooms here for UC Davis graduation weekend. I've been staying in another Davis hotel for the past 4 years when I visit my daughter, never thinking of booking here. Well, I've slapped myself on the forehead a few times now. Granted, this isn't the newest of hotels and the rooms can be pretty small, but they're clean and the bed linens smell slightly of bleach, enough to be comforting and the beds were very comfortable. We got a room with a king sized bed, a room with two kings and a room with two fulls. Everyone was happy. We had enough room. Office staff and house keeping staff were pleasant. Breakfast in the morning was the usual - coffee, tea, juices, cereal, breads and muffins, hard boiled eggs, yogurt and a make your waffle iron. I have no complaints. Its a little dated, I guess, but who cares, when the price, location, comfort level and staff are great

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank jmw6
California
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel for one night during our UC Davis orientation for my son. The hotel is close to the campus, and well within walking distance to great restaurants. The rooms are clean, and the staff is very friendly. The one only complaint I have is the air conditioner in the room is noisy. The temp. outside hovered around 100 degrees but the air conditioner worked very well in keeping the room cool. Overall, when visiting Davis again, we will be returning to this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank tennislover10
Yreka, California
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Pros: right downtown, 2 blocks to campus, a beautiful little private balcony, windows that open

Cons: a little bit older, some traffic and train noise

Pleasantly surprised with this hotel. Very convenient for business on campus. A spacious and pleasant room. The train is nearby, but I didn't find it to be overwhelming.

Room Tip: rooms above the office have nice, private balconies. cool people-watching!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Vladivostok, Russia
Reviewed 11 June 2014

A cozy hotel in the very downtown. Clean and tidy rooms with TV set, fridge, microwave oven and coffee pot. Rooms on the second floor are better, because they are quieter. You do not hear your neighbors on the first floor under you. Staff at the reception was very supportive and friendly. The hotel has a small gym and a tiny spa. They serve very basic complimentary breakfast, but it was OK to me. The only one thing that I didn't like was a noisy AC. It was too loud at night, but since it was hot, we had to have it on.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Tatianakh2008
Santa Cruz, California
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stop here a couple weeks ago to see about getting a room. My daughter and I walked in and the person at the front desk was in a back area on the phone. We patiently waiting for her to say "I'll be with you in a minute...." anything, anything at all. In the mean time I tell my daughter to step outside and call another hotel to see if they had a room. After waiting 5 minutes, we left. This person did not even look up at us. REALLY? Is it that hard to say I'll be right with you? Or even give a smile? I have stayed here once before and I will not go back again.

Wanda