“Not recommended”

Ranked #11 of 11 Hotels in Davis
California
“Not recommended”
Reviewed 30 June 2009

When we went to check in there was no desk clerk - the sign directed us down the street to check in at the Best Western - apparently they are both owned by the same person. The Internet is horribly slow - drops the signal, etc. I kindly asked the desk clerk to reset it - she did but it didn't help. I was there on leisure but needed to get some work done - ended up having to check out early because of the Internet situation. The maid stole my eyeglasses - the hotel would not admit to this. It's a cute hotel in a great location but the help couldn't care less about helping with issues.

Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank giacourteney

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Sweden
Reviewed 24 June 2008

Just came home from a 5-day stay at EL in Davis. Compared to what I payed, $95/night incl tax, this place delivers good stuff.

Bad stuff first: quite bad sound-proofing, noisy aircon, simpel breakfast (only bagels to eat) front desk staff kind of disinterested

Good stuff: super location (can´t be better in Davis) room amenities (fridge, coffee maker, microwave oven) very good cleaning, super bed

It´s not the Hilton, but as long as they don´t charge you more than $100 there´s no good reason not to stay there. I wouldn´t mind coming back.

• Stayed June 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
1 Thank Johnny22
CA
Reviewed 18 March 2008

Great price! Great location! Free internet!
Everything was great, until I got up to use the restroom in the middle of the night and there was a cockroach running across the bathroom floor and into the bedroom. I had to leave 'cause there would have been no way of me getting back to sleep knowing it was still out there! Oh well, and I wanted to try the breakfast, too.

• Stayed March 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travellers are raving about these Davis hotels

Danville, Ca
Reviewed 20 June 2007

We checked in on Friday night. It was graduation weekend with no other rooms available. The room was ok but the noise until 4am was horrible. The air conditioner was also old and extremely loud too. Saturday we were locked out of our room due to come supposed clerical error. Instead of calling the room or stopping us to sign the check-in registration they chose to change our keys without informing us. This is not a place I would ever return to!!!

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Treatment by office staff
Stayed June 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank stella14
Reviewed 13 July 2006

I was bumped to the Econo Lodge from another Davis hotel. The Econo Lodge is in a good central location. Our room, 214 was good sized and so was the bathroom, but very basic. The bathroom was very clean, but the carpet was not vacuumed thoroughly. Beds were fine, but room had a small window and it was hard to get natural light and fresh air. The room would have been fine, until we heard a lot of outside noise and the people next to us coming and going from 11:30pm to 3am, and we could clearly hear their voices at 3am. I might expect this in Las Vegas, but not in Davis. In general, Davis is lacking in quality hotels. Since I am not a heavy sleeper, if I had to stay here again, I would need an Ambien. The property owners seem to try to make it nice, but it's hard to predict their guests behavior, which ruined our stay.

• Stayed July 2006
4 Thank Mandy03
Los Angeles, Ca
Reviewed 6 December 2004

The good thing about the Econolodge is the location- it is very close to the UC Campus, and an easy walk from sundry shops and restaurants. The bad news is that if it were located anywhere else, I probably would have left. The room was dark, stuffy and unclean- there was more than one hair in the bathroom. The air conditioner was noisy, as well. The staff were ok, but largely disinterested. Try to avoid unless absolutely necessary, and I definitely wouldn't stay for more than one night.

• Stayed October 2005, travelled on business