“Not the best pizza”

Ranked #48 of 95 Restaurants in Del Mar
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Pizza, Bar, Brew Pub
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We ordered pizza for delivery one night when we stayed in a hotel in Del Mar. The delivery took about 1 hour, which we expected. The pizza was just okay--- nothing special. We also ordered 2 of their children's meals. --- also okay. The child's cheese pizza had a lot more cheese than the 14" one we ordered.

There are newer reviews for Oggi's Sports | Brewhouse | Pizza - Del Mar

Reviewed 8 April 2014

My family has been eating here since they opened. Lately, due to circumstances I have been eating here every week but alone. I went in during the March Madness first rounds. It was busy so I waited. As I waited they seated at least 5 parties of 2, 3, 5 who came in after me. When I asked the owner for my table, he had the hostess take me outside to a table with no view of the games. I asked for another table and was told too bad. I left and no longer eat there.

Reviewed 13 December 2013

A co-worker and I had dinner here since it was near our Doubletree hotel. It's a sport bar environment (TV's everywhere, sports memorabilia and a good sized bar). They also make their own beer. We did a sampler and tried 8 of the 10 self-made beers they had on the menu. They were pretty good, I wasn't blown over but they had good flavor.

We ended up taking home doggy bags because the portions were very good size. You get your money's worth when it comes to the food.

Our waitress was pretty good also. She almost messed up the organization of our beer samples but she quickly recovered from that. She was quick to bring things if we asked for them and checked on us often.

Reviewed 3 July 2013

I'm a big fan of Oggi's as a chain but this location has a serious public health problem that needs addressing. Over the past 2 months I've been there 4 times to pick up food and on each occasion, the place reeks of sewer (methane). Since the restaurant management seemed unmotivated to do anything about it, I reported it to the County Public Health Department but also wanted to warn future diners. Guess I'm old-fashioned but when I walk into a restaurant I expect it to smell like food!

1  Thank Carolyn H
SDJanisD, Owner at Oggi's Sports | Brewhouse | Pizza - Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2016

Carolyn,
Now being responsible for this forum I never saw your post back from 2013. However it was disturbing enough that I wanted to respond to it. To give you some history, hating this odor as much as you do, we worked diligently with our landlord to find even the smallest things to implement that could mitigate any odor. During the process what we discovered is that the smell is not coming from our restaurant but that the Carmel Valley area has had a problem with this odor for years and that it seems to come and go. We had our restaurant tested by an independent company, who had nothing to gain but to sell us a service if we tested positive. We tested negative! No need for you to 'report us' because, the Health Department visits all restaurants, unannounced, quarterly, and we have always received A's. We have never received any score other than an A. For you to claim that 'we have a serious public health problem' was not only unfair, but false. We realize that from time to time the smell in the entire area, is annoying and effects many businesses and homes. However we can assure you that it is not emanating from our location, nor does it in any way effect our food safety or cleanliness. We believe, because the smell has declined, that possible the city may have made some adjustments unbeknownst to us! We wish that you had spoken to our manager about this during your visit, to gather some details and facts prior to your post! We are always happy to talk with guests about their concerns when they are in the restaurant so they can be resolved, so please seek out a manager if you return, which we hope you do! Remember that we do DELIVER our ENTIRE MENU if you prefer to dine at home! We do get alot of good reviews on our food so we hope you give us another chance! Thanks again for your feedback

Reviewed 23 January 2013

My husband and I will reasonably often get a take-out pizza from Oggi's. But lately I've noticed a bad tummy afterwards. I don't remember this always being the case but it is enough to stop me from ordering quite as readily again.

The pizza itself is tasty enough but I find it to be overpriced.

The beer available in the restaurant is very good but I didn't like the sports bar ambiance.