“Timing is Everything...”

Place 360 Health+Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: Place360 is an integrated health spa located in the heart of Del Mar'a quaint seaside village. Guests here discover a wide range of health + spa modalities delivered by a collaborative team of the highest quality professionals. The comfortable atmosphere and gracious staff make visitors and local residents alike feel at ease and welcomed. Offering Acupuncture, Chinese Herbal Medicine, Chiropractor, Personal Fitness, Pilates, Guided Outdoor Fitness Programs, Massage Skin Care, Waxing and Eye Lash Extensions. Enjoy the quiet indoor/outdoor relaxation lounge offering complimentary teas, infused water and snacks.
Reviewed 17 December 2013

As someone who is VERY particular about the spa services that I receive, & most especially the massages I get, I truly LOVE this place & the practitioners who work here! I usually see either Carrie or Tracie for massage & am always impressed by their intuitive style of body therapy. And, when I have been in for facial services, I have seen Janelle who is equally wonderful at what she does. They each are gifted practitioners & it is evident that they are passionate about what they do. The demeanor & caring attitude of the staff makes it a joy to come to this spa!

However, as is often the case, it is usually the "small'ish things" / disappointments which stick in one's mind & prompt reviews such as this one. Specifically, I must admit that when I recently went to schedule another appointment...I hesitated, & am unfortunately still doing so... The reason for this hesitation is that on a couple of occasions, although arriving 10-15 minutes early for my service (massage &/or facial), the service started late. Admittedly, I know that previous services can tend to run over, but when my time is cut short by 10-15 minutes & not compensated for I am greatly disappointed. (I must also make a special note here that when this happened during one of Carrie's massages she made it a point to make-up for the lost time. Thank you Carrie!:)

Timing is indeed everything...

Place360, Owner at Place 360 Health+Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2013

Your time is precious -- every minute of it! Thank you for choosing to spend it at Place360 and also for writing a review to share your experience. It is one of our core values to honor each and every guest by ensuring we adhere to schedules and to always provide full treatment time. We even build extra time into our booking schedule to help ensure this without rushing guests in and out. We have shared your review with our manager and all team members as a reminder of the importance of this core value. We hope you will not hesitate to rebook knowing you will always receive full time and the therapists you have come to love are eager to see you return.

Reviewed 4 February 2012

I had one of the best massages I've ever experienced at Place 360! I asked my therapist for a very strong massage and her touch was amazing, focusing on every part of my body with particular attention to my tense upper back and shoulders.

I loved the three oils I had to choose from and the setting was great. I would recommend a steam at Place 360 before the massage to relax further the muscles.

A truly excellent experience and I would recommend it thoroughly!

1  Thank TJR066
Reviewed 18 December 2011

Place 360 is amazing! From the front desk receptionist, to the therapists, absolutely amazing experience!! They've gained my business for years to come!!!

Reviewed 12 November 2011

I have been to Place360 for waxing, facials, reflexology and massages a number of times. I am always impressed by how thoughtful the front desk is in organizing my treatments so I have a good experience. I often have to call on short notice. Sometimes they are booked up, but they usually find some way to juggle things around to squeeze me in. I have been to some top spas in the world including Four Seaons Bali, One&Only Palmilla and Kea Lani to name just a few. They are all beautiful spas.That said, the best treatments I have ever had have been at Place360 on a consistent basis. While Place360 is not a large spa, I appreciate the serentity and comfortable atmosphere with Balinese touches. This is one of my favorite local places in Del Mar.

Reviewed 6 October 2011

I am disappointed with the integrity of Place 360 in Del Mar. I had used a Massage and Facial Voucher purchased on TravelZoo. The facial was okay but not the best I have had in San Diego but following the procedures I did purchase some lotions and beauty products, One I looked at the receipt I noticed the girl had automatically added a future facial for about $89.00. When I inquired of why she said it was another discounted facial, I told her then I wasn't sure if I would come back because I live downtown etc. She said not to worry that I could cancel within 24 hours and receive a refund so I agreed.
Well, as the appointment got closer I did decide to cancel well before the scheduled appointment. I was told on the phone to expect a credit on my card. After a few days I noticed I never received a credit and called back and they said wait a little longer. The yesterday I received a call from the manger stating that I would not receive a credit since this was a discounted facial. I told her that it was not explained to me in this way and I only agreed because I was told I could cancel before 24 hours of appointment. She rudely told me I was mistaken,
I know I am not mistaken about the 24 hour cancellation policy or I would not have agreed. To me it is not about the money but the way I was treated and deceived by this business by the sales girl and the manger, if you go here please get all promises in writing.

4  Thank Natalia_R993
Hmccabeyoung, Owner at Place 360 Health+Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2011

Place360 is committed to creating a positive experience for all guests and operating with the highest integrity to care for each individual. We are therefore disappointed to hear that we did not meet satisfaction in this case. There appears to be a misunderstanding regarding the policies outlined on the Travelzoo offer and we welcome the opportunity to further clarify. With 24-hour scheduling notice as per the polcies, there would be an $89 credit, which may be applied to future services so full value is received. - Helen McCabe-Young, co-owner, PLACE360