“Delightful Surprise” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pacifica Del Mar

Pacifica Del Mar
Reserve with OpenTable
Pacifica Del Mar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 91 Restaurants in Del Mar
Price range: US$37 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, View, Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Drinks, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 15th Street
Transit: Across the street on Camino Del Mar
Orange County, California
“Delightful Surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

I was working in the area and found Pacifica on Trip Advisor, reviews were good so we booked a table. Great location in downtown Del Mar surrounded by shops, great views and fun people. Service was attentive but not annoying - food was outstanding and a little out of the ordinary...in a good way. I will return when back in the area!

Visited November 2013

San Diego, California, United States
“Above The Pacifica Ocean In Olde Del Mar”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013

This is a dependable choice for well prepared food and as a meeting place for business or friends. Locals meet here. Seafood always good, but I've never had any other entrees from their menu. Not inexpensive. We don't order drinks but I can say that the wine pairings at a business meeting we had here were very good. You pay to play in Olde Del Mar. Try shopping in this Del Mar Plaza and be treated by wonderful views!

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Good, but expensive Happy Hour!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2013

The Happy Hour is expensive with $9 glasses of wine! But the Salmon and Chicken Caesar Salads were excellent. Our service was average, even though we were there on a slow Monday evening. Our waitress never even asked if we wanted a second glass of wine and it took forever to get the bill paid. Still...the restaurant is in a beautiful location on the Plaza and the food is good, even though it is expensive. We will no doubt return for another stab at it.

• Visited November 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mountain View, California
“Good food and/but expensive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

Needless to say quite expensive restaurant but they provided delicious food. We were 8 people and only one waitress was caring for us. She did not do good job but we still give her 15 percent tip = $80.

Chef makes delicious food. We were there on Monday night.

Restaurant had low lights (some like it, I do not).

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada
“Good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

The view from this restaurant is lovely. The food was good but unfortunately to accommodate our group we all had to sit outside on the terrace. We did not have any advanced notice that we would be sitting outside. This I would have enjoyed in July or August but in late September it was cold. The fact that I was distracted by the cold kept me from really enjoying the food. My spouse and I both had the fish. It was good but that is all I can really remember about the food that evening. If ever I return to San Diego or La Jolla I will try to return to Del Mar as it looked like a cute little town with lots of shops to explore.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Been to Pacifica Del Mar? Share your experiences!