“Great place in Del Mar!”

Hilton San Diego/Del Mar
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Del Mar
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great place in Del Mar!”
Reviewed 21 January 2013

This is a very nice hotel . . . with very good staff and amenities. I have stayed here several times and everything has always been nice and easy. On-site parking for the car is also nice. The location is right across from the historic Del Mar race track , so the lobby and bar have a cool thoroughbred racing theme and decor. Lots of good restaurants are also within walking distance.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
Scott S, General Manager at Hilton San Diego/Del Mar, responded to this review, 6 February 2013
Jay,

Thank you for your kind response about your stay with us. I am very pleased you enjoyed your time with us here in Del Mar. I read our guest surveys and online posts each morning and take the comments and feedback very seriously. I am glad you choose us so frequently.

I appreciate your time and your valuable business. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can assist with any of the services here at the Hilton San Diego / Del Mar.

Scott Sloan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Palm Coast, Florida
Reviewed 18 January 2013

our entire stay could not have been any better. The staff was pleasant and helpful. The room was great and the hotel property was without equal. We would definitely stay here again. It was not inexpensive $170 per night but it was worth it. Hotel was convenient to everything we wanted to do and see. Cudos to the staff

Room Tip: We stayed in room 1009. First floor was great and convenient to spa and parking area.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Tom,

Thank you for your kind response about your stay with us. I am very pleased you enjoyed your time with us here in Del Mar. I read our guest surveys and online posts each morning and take the comments and feedback very seriously. Your comments on our staff are very much appreciated and I am glad you enjoyed your room. Next trip out, look into the adjoining room as it is one of our Presidential suites and can be a lot of fun.

Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 14 January 2013

We stayed at this Hilton for a lacrosse tournament and we were very pleasantly surprised. We do a lot of travel with sports and have been in our fair share of hotels lately including other Hilton's. We found this one to have quiet rooms with lots of space.(We were on 3rd floor so no one above us) Bathroom was also very roomy. Room service fees are outrageous but food is delicious. Pool area nice and clean. Pool was very nice temperature for winter outdoor swimming. Valet parking guy offers to drive you to places near by for no charge which is a great service if you are unfamiliar with the area or are wanting to go for drinks as they will pick up again in their Hilton Mini van. Once there, we requested a fridge and microwave and they were very prompt at delivering it to our room.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Erin,

Thank you for your kind response about your stay with us. I am very pleased you enjoyed your time with us here in Del Mar. I read our guest surveys and online posts each morning and take the comments and feedback very seriously. We enjoy playing host to many sports teams throughout the year and especially appreciate you coming so far to stay with us. Hopefully our weather was a bit nicer than BC this time of year.

South Jordan, Utah
Reviewed 5 January 2013

Our stay at this hotel was very pleasant. The room was clean and well kept. The bed was the best part of the room. The bed was comfortable: soft enough for my wife yet firm enough for myself. We slept very well. There room temperature was controlled by a wall mounted thermostat; it is sooooo nice to have a room with a constant temperature as opposed to one of those awful wall mounted heating/air conditioning units under the window that gets the room way to hot or way to cold. The hotel employees at the registration desk were so nice and always very helpful. We will be return to this hotel the next time we visit San Diego. Thank you Hilton Del Mar staff.

Room Tip: We were given a room on the first floor at the back of the hotel. It was a good room. We didn'...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AndyinSLC
Justin F, Manager at Hilton San Diego/Del Mar, responded to this review, 16 July 2016
Thank you very much for your wonderful review. We hope to see you back in Del Mar in the near future.
Ridgecrest, California
Reviewed 28 December 2012

Upon my last evening in San Diego, I chose to stay at the Hilton, San Diego Del Mar. Having stayed there before, I knew the property was excellent and that the staff was always at the top of their game. Just before sunset, you can see the hot air balloons lift off to the east of the property. They are so colorful and seem to glide gently over the hills to the east of Del Mar. The Hotel has very large and nice rooms. The property is well taken care of and although there is valet parking available, self parking is free. Would recommend this Hotel to anyone that is staying in San Diego North County for a visit.

Room Tip: For Gold or Diamond Hilton Honors members, they put on evening wine and horderves. They also put on...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Quinton, Virginia
Reviewed 22 December 2012

The rooms are great, however, the guests upstairs were very active and I heard every step. The lobby and common areas are clean and well maintained...the poolside is very nice. My complaints start with the executive lounge breakfast. Scrambled eggs everyday it seemed. I noticed on the restaraunt buffet, there was yogurt. Not being an egg eater, I asked the attendant in the executive lounge if they had yogurt. She replied no, sorry. I thought she would have directed me to the main buffet to get a cup of yogurt...no chance...just a straight up no. Fine. I asked the front desk the next morning if the buffet in the lobby for the restaraunt was free for Gold and Diamond members, she replied no. I explained to her that I don't eat eggs and was just looking for some yogurt to eat with my granola in the executive lounge. Nope...they're VERY protective of their yogurt, apparently. The executive lounge seems to have everything the main buffet does except yogurt! Hmmm. The evening "hors deurves" were quite nice...heavy, almost a meal. The gentleman that worked in there seemed to forget to put out the proper utensils frequently but he was only there for a few days during my visit. The young lady in the evening was very thorough and attentive. I guess my suggestion would be to stay here if you have no frequent stayer status but if your Gold or Diamond, pick another Hilton property...they don't seem to go out of their way for the loyal guests.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Travelling_Krackah
Thank you very much for your review. We hope to see you back in Del Mar in the near future.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 19 December 2012

My stay was not perfect, and there were some definite issues, but the important thing is that the front desk staff took care of every issue in a very timely and professional manner. They definitely treat their guests with respect. Good breakfast.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Thank you very much for your review. My apologies for the issues you experienced and I am thrilled our team quickly resolved. We hope to see you back in Del Mar in the near future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Del Mar
#85 of 279 in San Diego
La Valencia Hotel
La Valencia Hotel
#5 of 24 in La Jolla

Been to Hilton San Diego/Del Mar? Share your experiences!