“Accommodations and service were excellent.”

Hilton San Diego/Del Mar
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Del Mar
Reviewed 1 February 2013

Beautiful hotel with updated and clean accommodations. The staff is friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffet was wonderful. A great way to start the day! Food at the bar was excellent. Thank you Hilton Del Mar for upholding the Hilton brand.

Room Tip: A room overlooking the courtyard with pool is a nice view.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Scott S, General Manager at Hilton San Diego/Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2013

Rebecca,

I appreciate your time and your valuable business. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can assist with any of the services here at the Hilton San Diego / Del Mar.

There are newer reviews for Hilton San Diego/Del Mar

Reviewed 25 January 2013

I came down to San Diego from Los Angeles for a weekend get-a-way and was pleasantly surprised by comfort, amenities, and decor of Hilton Del Mar. The staff was great, the rooms were VERY NICE and much more spacious than most Hilton locations. I highly recommend this location for travelers visiting the area.

Room Tip: Corner suites with pool view are best.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple

Curtis,

Thank you for your kind response about your stay with us. I am very pleased you enjoyed your time with us here in Del Mar. I read our guest surveys and online posts each morning and take the comments and feedback very seriously. You are right - our pool view suites are pretty terrific.

Reviewed 24 January 2013

My sister got married on the beach in Del Mar so we stayed in the Hilton the night before because it was 8 minutes away from the sight. The receptionist helped us book our room over the phone when we were driving from the base (my sister is a marine). When we got to the hotel they showed us how to access the hotel from where we parked our car and were very helpful. Later on in the evening, I called the front desk to ask for a late check-out because we were getting ready in the room and the wedding was not till 1:30pm. No problem they told me. I asked how much a roll-a-way bed cost and they give it to us for free. This was perfect because everyone in the room was able to have their own bed. A little later they sent complimentary champagne.The next day I took pictures of my sister around the hotel (which is gorgeous by the way) and the staff was lovely. Overall, the Hilton was AMAZING and helped to make my sister's day even that much better. Thank you!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for your kind response about your stay with us. I am very pleased you enjoyed your time with us here in Del Mar. I read our guest surveys and online posts each morning and take the comments and feedback very seriously. What a special treat for us to host family for your sister's wedding. Your comments regarding our service and our staff are very appreciated.

Reviewed 23 January 2013

The hotel was apparently renovated recently and you can tell. New carpet, wallpaper, fixtures, etc. The property itself is nice and the bar/ restaurant area is very modern looking. The rooms themselves have also all been updated, new furniture, fixtures, etc. With all that said, there are still some components that reek of the original hotel. The elevators are horrendously old and slow. The insides have been updated but you can just tell by the noise and the slowness how old they are. Also, things like the light/ fan in the bathroom. The vents and again the noise that it makes lets you realize how old they are. In fact, they make so much noise that when the room below you has their light/ fan on you can feel your floor in the bathroom vibrating. The windows in my room seemed a bit thin but maybe that is just because I was facing the Interstate and could hear that.

But with that said, the property is nice. It is very close to the freeway which is important to me as I stayed here because I was traveling for work and the office is just a couple of exits up I-5.

From a business perspective. The wi-fi was free, which is nice, but at times was a little slow. Other times it was super fast. It's like it needed a reboot. It seemed to work fine on my laptop but not great on my iPad. That may have been a user error thing.

The room is comfortable and they have a desk to work at. I did not see the ability to order room service, but may have missed that.

Staff was friendly. Place was clean.

I will say that the $18 a day self parking was a bit much, but I'm guessing that is due to racetrack traffic.

Room Tip: I was on the second floor and faced the parking lot. You can hear a bit of traffic from I-5.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business

Gabe,

Thank you for your response about your stay with us. I am very pleased you enjoyed your time with us here in Del Mar. I read our guest surveys and online posts each morning and take the comments and feedback very seriously. Your comments about what we have changed and what still needs changing are appreciated. We will be starting Phase 2 of our renovation later in the year and we will be able to address many of your insights into our areas of need. Our elevators will get an upgrade and we are on track for new desks, tables and dressers in all the rooms.

Reviewed 23 January 2013

I and 3 of my friends stayed here just prior to the Komen 3-Day Walk! It was a terrific place to stay! They were accommodating, helpful and above all else, clean and comfy! This was one of the "official" hotels of the event and the staff of the hotel were wonderful. They had a lot of people there and they were above and beyond courteous and helpful. The ease of check in and service was top notch! I'd stay there again.

Room Tip: sign up for their rewards program and upgrade to a pool side room! Nice little patios!
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you for your kind response about your stay with us. I am very pleased you enjoyed your time with us here in Del Mar. I read our guest surveys and online posts each morning and take the comments and feedback very seriously. It's always a pleasure and a privilege to host the SGK walk each year.

Reviewed 21 January 2013

This is a very nice hotel . . . with very good staff and amenities. I have stayed here several times and everything has always been nice and easy. On-site parking for the car is also nice. The location is right across from the historic Del Mar race track , so the lobby and bar have a cool thoroughbred racing theme and decor. Lots of good restaurants are also within walking distance.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo

Jay,

Thank you for your kind response about your stay with us. I am very pleased you enjoyed your time with us here in Del Mar. I read our guest surveys and online posts each morning and take the comments and feedback very seriously. I am glad you choose us so frequently.

Reviewed 18 January 2013

our entire stay could not have been any better. The staff was pleasant and helpful. The room was great and the hotel property was without equal. We would definitely stay here again. It was not inexpensive $170 per night but it was worth it. Hotel was convenient to everything we wanted to do and see. Cudos to the staff

Room Tip: We stayed in room 1009. First floor was great and convenient to spa and parking area.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple

Tom,

Thank you for your kind response about your stay with us. I am very pleased you enjoyed your time with us here in Del Mar. I read our guest surveys and online posts each morning and take the comments and feedback very seriously. Your comments on our staff are very much appreciated and I am glad you enjoyed your room. Next trip out, look into the adjoining room as it is one of our Presidential suites and can be a lot of fun.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Del Mar
#106 of 278 in San Diego
Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines
DoubleTree by Hilton San Diego - Del Mar
Hyatt Regency La Jolla at Aventine

Been to Hilton San Diego/Del Mar? Share your experiences!