“Del Mar Hilton”

Hilton San Diego/Del Mar
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Del Mar
Reviewed 10 June 2014

The trip started at the Solana Beach Courtyard and I switched to the Hilton b/c the Marriott property was not consistent with the brand, and was pleasantly surprised at the overall experience. The staff was knowledgeable and friendly while the property was immaculate. Well Done. (I average 125-150 nights/year in travel accommodations and have status with multiple chains)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Justin F, General Manager at Hilton San Diego/Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

537brads,

Thanks for the nice review. We welcome back to the Hilton Del Mar anything you are in the San Diego area. Thanks for being a loyal guest.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

The wall were paper thin, so that I could hear the obnoxious kid one night and the grating telephone conversation the next. Maybe it was through the adjoining room door? There were inconsiderate pool and fire pit users who hollered late into the night. No staff members enforced the "until 10 pm" rule

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Flo P
Justin F, General Manager at Hilton San Diego/Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Flo P,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I am so sorry for the noisy neighbors. We certainly want our guests to enjoy themselves while with us but not at the cost of disturbing other guests. Again I am deeply sorry.

I hope that you will stay with us again in the future. We will be sure to place you in a quieter area. Thank you again for your feedback. It helps us improve.

Justin

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Even though this hotel is close to highway, noise could not be heard in room. Beautiful landscaping and welcoming atmosphere . Staff is very courteous and helpful. Meals are appetizing and overall cleanliness is obvious.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Bernard D,

Thanks so much for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay. Glad you enjoyed our great location, scrumptious food, genuine staff and our relaxing grounds. We hope to see you back in Del Mar again soon.

Justin

Reviewed 4 June 2014

I was pulling a large trailer and called before I made the reservations to make sure I would be able to park it here. They said it would be fine. When I got there the guy at the front desk got a little worked up when I told him about the trailer. I got a call from the parking lot guy a bit later who was trying to figure out who I talked to that told me I could park it there. The guy was nice and in the end there was no problem but this was a little annoying. Besides that, the room and the stay was really great.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Justin F, General Manager at Hilton San Diego/Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Ryan S,

Thank you for stopping by and staying with us. Trailer and all. I apologize for the confusion regarding your trailer. I am glad we were able to work out a good spot for your trailer to be parked overnight. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed the rest of your stay. Thanks so much for staying with us.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Excellent location to the Del Mar Fairgrounds. I walked over there for my event daily. Hanging out at the fire pit and the view of the pool was great at night. Food was delicious, I ordered the Calamari and Cheeseburger. Drinks were strong. Great job!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Miguel C,

Thanks for staying with us and dining with us in coastalKITCHEN. The calamari is one of my favorites and who doesn't like a stiff drink? Glad you enjoyed. We hope to see you back again soon in Del Mar.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Stayed at The Del Mar Hilton as a last minute trip to see friends I do really LIKE this hotel the rooms are very nice and the beds are fabulous.The service is always very good.If I had one thing to say they get you on all these tourism taxes and self parking other than that its GREAT! Enjoyed my 1 night last minute stay. Who does not like Del Mar!!!!

Room Tip: Had a room facing the pool...Very nice but kinda loud at night time when you want to sleep.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Justin F, General Manager at Hilton San Diego/Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Michelle D,

Thanks for stopping by and staying with us to visit your friends. We consider you a friend of the hotel now too, since you enjoy our services and love our beds. In regards to the tourism taxes, please feel confident those taxes go back into making the greater San Diego area a great place to visit.

Thanks for the feedback! Hope to see you back in Del Mar again soon.

Sincerely, Justin

Reviewed 30 May 2014

I enjoyed staying at the Hilton during my CrossFit competition. The guys who drove the shuttle were so cool and prompt. Everything was clean, fancy, and the staff was helpful. I would absolutely come here again. They even have "clean" food at the bar so staying healthy during your trip is totally doable

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

John Francis M,

Thanks for joining us during the Crossfit regions. Hope you performed well. Glad to hear you enjoyed our hotel, especially our team and coastalKITCHEN. Thanks again for staying with us and sharing your thoughts. Until next time.

Sincerely, Justin

San Diego Marriott Del Mar
#107 of 278 in San Diego
DoubleTree by Hilton San Diego - Del Mar
Hyatt Regency La Jolla at Aventine

Been to Hilton San Diego/Del Mar? Share your experiences!