Hilton San Diego/Del Mar
US$402
US$338
US$224
US$207
Hotel Indigo San Diego Del Mar(Del Mar)(Great Value!)
US$158
US$153
Best Western Premier Hotel Del Mar(Del Mar)(Great Value!)
US$290
US$249
Secret Garden Inn(Del Mar)(Great Value!)
US$201
US$190
Les Artistes(Del Mar)(Great Value!)
US$179
US$152
Agoda.com
Courtyard San Diego Del Mar/Solana Beach(Solana Beach)(Great Value!)
US$168
US$157
US$149
  • Breakfast included
San Diego Marriott Del Mar(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$218
US$168
  • Restaurant
US$218
US$202
Residence Inn
  • Breakfast included
1,434 results
All reviewsthe club loungefront deskself parkingshuttle servicewithin mileshorse trackfree shuttlecoastal kitchenfire pitsan diegopool areasolana beachshort drivefreewayjenniferconciergefairgrounds
Reviewed 25 July 2014

This Hotel is about 20 /25 min north of San Diego but very easy to access from the freeway. The hotel has been renovated recently and the rooms and common areas are nicely decorated. Happy hour at the main bar is a plus. Friendly staff overall.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on opposite building from the highway to avoid noise from traffic
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Amanda H, General Manager at Hilton San Diego/Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

HI there - thanks so much for the great review! We are very pleased with our recent renovation, and I am glad you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!. Best regards Amanda Hawkins-Vogel/General Manager

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Great location to enjoy both the races at Del Mar Racetrack and the beach communites in North County San DIego .

They will shuttle you to and from the races and there are plenty of restaurants within walking distance of the hotel. But the food we had sitting outside was quite good and reasonably priced.

Room Tip: The reception desk picked a great room for us after asking what we might like.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

The best of both worlds - Racing and the Beach - it doesn't get any better than this. Thanks so much for the review, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!. Best regards - Amanda Hawkins-Vogel/General Manager

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Look, I'll be the first to admit I'm not a heavy world traveler. And for the most part, I have had good experiences with Hilton hotels. I also need to post a disclaimer that I got this weekend stay through a charity auction, so I got a very good deal and it included buffet breakfast at least one day, free parking and free wi-fi. However, this Hilton and their staff really made the good deal extraordinary.

The hotel sits about 10-15 miles north of San Diego directly across from the Del Mar racetrack. We happened to visit in late June when the San Diego County Fair was there. Perhaps that's less than ideal time for the traffic, but perfect if you want to attend The Fair, one of the largest, if not the largest fair in California. The hotel is a square complex set up around the pool and outdoor area, which is like a giant atrium in the middle. It's a great little set-up for families, and the area outside the bar/restaurant has ample seating around fire-pits for drinks, dessert or just cozying up with your special someone.

While it was hard originally booking the room, Ms. Victoria Gorman, who handles the booking of these special things had been out due to personal reasons, once she returned, she really handled us exceptionally.

First we were given a room in the back, which honestly we didn't mind. This weekend was a delayed anniversary present to my wife, who was pregnant, and was kind of a baby-moon away from our first child before our second arrives. The room was terrific. Sizable, with a separate couch in the corner where we could watch TV. I had asked for some strawberries and champagne to be in the room when we arrived, and the girl at the front desk Laticia (sp?- hope I got that right) made sure it was in the refrigerator waiting to go. The strawberries were ridiculously good, and I mean not just because they were doused in chocolate. They were huge and ripe and about the best strawberries I've ever had. The champagne was also the perfect addition, even though my wife could only sip a little.

We arrived late Friday night. At midnight we're crawling into bed after supping on these amazing fruits when suddenly we hear water pouring into the bathroom. Something upstairs is leaking. We called for service immediately.

Now, granted, it was late, it was Friday night, but this was the one drawback. It took two calls to get someone there, and the maintenance man they sent was admittedly on his first night and still carrying a map around of the hotel. But he was a gentleman, got us set up for another room and eventually walked us there offering to even carry our bags. We were moved to a second floor room that was a bit smaller but had a balcony with a pool view.

We knew our room came with a buffet breakfast, but were incredibly surprised when they comped both of us for both Saturday and Sunday morning. Really nice of them to do. The full buffet there isn't bad either, and while I don't know if I would pay $18.95 per person for it regularly, most hotels don't offer the kind of variety every morning. The buffet not only had pastries and breads and bagels, but regular eggs and a veggie egg scramble, pancakes, sausage and bacon, potatoes, cereals, oatmeal, yogurts and fresh fruit. They also had smoked salmon presented in it's own cocktail server if you like Lox in the morning.

We actually weren't at this hotel to visit the Fair. Our intent was some R&R and doing some things in San Diego. They're close enough that we went kayaking out on Mission Bay (drive was some 15 minutes to get there) and we found a cute little Italian restaurant 10 minutes away for our Saturday night dinner. The pool catered to a lot of families with children, many of whom may had been there for a wedding that weekend, but we were pleased to find out that even with a pool view our room was quite. The hotel wasn't exceptionally loud and the hotel has room service if you want to keep things even more private.

When it came time to check out Sunday, I was shocked to find out that they didn't charge me for the champagne/strawberries which I had insisted I would pay for. This went above and beyond what was expected.

If you have a family, and want a fairly modern and not overly expensive option that provides good service and friendly hospitality, this nice little Hilton just north of San Diego and close to the beach provides a fair deal with upside. We will definitely return, and next time, probably with both kids.

Room Tip: There are rooms off on the wings of the hotel and a few are closer to the traffic coming off the freeway. You might want to request an inside room with pool view just in case.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Justin F, General Manager at Hilton San Diego/Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear JPWriterguy, thank you so much for taking the time to write such a fabulous review!! We are so glad that you had a great time and I certainly want to also acknowledge our terrific staff - especially Victoria - she is a rock star!. We look forward to welcoming you back soon to Hilton San Diego/Del Mar. Best regards Amanda Hawkins-Vogel/General Manager

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

I was in town for a friend's wedding and this hotel was a great spot. The hotel is as nice as expected. There are some good dining options closer by with the shipping promenade just under the freeway. We made very good use of the free shuttle. They drove us to Sublime Tavern the first night. Gave us rides to and from the wedding at Fletcher Cove. The only slight gripe is $18 per day for self parking. But that's more because I'm no longer use to evite parking now that I live in a small town.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Justin F, General Manager at Hilton San Diego/Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Belgian79,

Thanks for staying with during a recent wedding. I'm sure the ceremony was great at Fletcher Cove. I am glad to hear you took advantage of our complimentary shuttle. A great amenity and way to take in the Del Mar area.

Thanks again for staying with us and sharing your feedback.

Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

My booking is perfectly followed! I love the SoCal hospitality.

The hotel staff, guest relationship officer, driver and restaurant staffs are amazing! I never regret staying 3 nights in the beautiful pool view side accomodation. I am missing my California Kingbed in there.

The over-all service is UP! Keep it Up and keep it Hilton.

The landscape is pretty mesmerizing, I forgot a bit of Singapore. I am sure 'm coming back hopefully next year.

Stayed: April 2014

Lil'Beth J,

Thanks for your wonderful review. So glad you enjoyed your time with us. Hurry back soon.