“Cool restaurant - good food and cool ambiance”

CUCINA enoteca Del Mar
Reserve with OpenTable
CUCINA enoteca Del Mar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 93 Restaurants in Del Mar
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian, Wine Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Say hello to the sister restaurant of San Diego's award winning CUCINA urbana! CUCINA enoteca Del Mar's menu features Italian classics with a modern twist, traditionally coursed or served family-style, and made with the freshest local, organic and sustainable ingredients. Along with house-infused liquors, specialty cocktails and artisan beers, the restaurant's extensive wine list will follow a retail-priced program where guests are invited to visit CUCINA's wine shop, select a bottle to enjoy on site ($8 corkage will apply) or purchase wine to go.
San Diego
“Cool restaurant - good food and cool ambiance”
Reviewed 19 December 2013

Enjoyed our first of many visits to Cucina Enoteca. The wait staff was very attentive and friendly. They recalled that our dinner companions had been there before and had not been thrilled with their pizza. They insisted on bringing one to our table to try again - it was excellent. My husband's osso buco was superb. The décor is cool and fun.

San Diego, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,411 helpful votes
“Really great food, great service and beautiful restaurant”
Reviewed 16 November 2013

I agree with the other poster Trip Advisor needs to move this to Del Mar. I'm actually the one that originally requested them to post the restaurant but they put in the wrong city. Hopefully they will change it soon.

I've been to their sister restaurant Cucina Urbana many times and really love the pizza and food. Really good stuff. I was excited that they opened this restaurant as North County has limited options and I'm always having to drive towards the other end of town for the cool restaurants.

This place is doing VERY well. I live in the area and it's always packed! Just to get a reservation sometimes they are booked a week out. And from happy hour to night they are packed. The restaurant is actually really big and even being big it's jam packed.

The food is really great. As the other poster mentioned, the menu is almost identical to the Cucina Urbana location if you've eaten there. Maybe a few more things.

As you walk in, you see a wall of wines and they have the same concept as their sister location. My wife and I each got a pizza and it was very good. We also got an order of the Truffle fries and they were out of this world good. My wife doesn't usually eat french fries as she eats super healthy and she was gobbling up the fries.

Definitely have reservations if you come here so you don't have to wait. And it's a nice touch on left overs, they just give you a claim ticket and you go pick it up in the fridge on the way out. You turn in your ticket and the nice girl gives you the box/bag.

This was a GREAT addition to the area and I'll be here again soon.

2 Thank saintba
Carlsbad, California
“In Del Mar, CA, not Delray Beach, FL”
Reviewed 7 November 2013

This is a brand new sister property to Cucina Urbana near downtown San Diego. Very similar menu (in some cases identical), and similarly cool design. Went there with a group of eight for a business lunch. Very fun/eclectic interior and efficient, friendly service. I had the short rib burger with truffle fries, which looked amazing but there was a lot of meat in the sandwich so I would say it looked a little better than it tasted (huge burger by the way). We also shared two of the appetizer boards with bread - one with olive/artichoke tapenade (amazing) and one with some kind of cream cheese/walnut spread (very good). Collectively, our response was that it was a fun place with good-enough food that we will definitely be back, but no one had a really amazing dish.