“GREAT FOOD & EXPERIENCE”

CUCINA enoteca Del Mar
Reserve with OpenTable
CUCINA enoteca Del Mar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 93 Restaurants in Del Mar
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian, Wine Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Say hello to the sister restaurant of San Diego's award winning CUCINA urbana! CUCINA enoteca Del Mar's menu features Italian classics with a modern twist, traditionally coursed or served family-style, and made with the freshest local, organic and sustainable ingredients. Along with house-infused liquors, specialty cocktails and artisan beers, the restaurant's extensive wine list will follow a retail-priced program where guests are invited to visit CUCINA's wine shop, select a bottle to enjoy on site ($8 corkage will apply) or purchase wine to go.
Carmel, California
“GREAT FOOD & EXPERIENCE”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Cucina Enoteca is a fresh and lively addition to the North County scene. It is bright, busy and a tad loud. We paid our first visit on a Tuesday about 7 and it was full of families, singles, couples and small groups. Our waitperson was fun and professional. She walked us through the menu which at first seems unconventional Italian. Robust wine list. Two people in our party had a spicy shrimp pasta dish from the menu - it received high marks. The other two had a lamb stew special that was served on polenta. Very interesting presentation and very good too. Prices offer good value. Give it a try - we'll be back.

• Visited July 2014

San Diego, California
“Italian shabby chic!”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Entering the location, you are immediately impressed by the shabby chic decor. It is so adorable and slightly off and out of place in the best way. The crowd was bubbly and excited during the happy hour time. We were there for a team dinner. The food was just delicious. Simple and flavorful appetizers, especially the stuff artichoke flowers. I had short rib ragu over papperdalle. I wish I had more, although the portion was perfect. The cucumber martini was the best and I can't wait to go back! Our waiter made the experience that much better. He recommended everything I put into my mouth after learning my palette.

• Visited March 2014
Solana Beach, California, United States
“Not that great”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

The experience started out on the wrong foot. The process of making a reservation was painful, and the reception was almost rude. This was partially redeemed by the attentive and friendly service. We tried multiple types of pizzas and appetizers. Some were good, and others OK, but nothing stood out.
The atmosphere is modern and open, but when even half full, very noisy - to the point where conversations require shouting.
It would seem that this sibling of the supposedly exceptional Cucina Urbana has some growing up to do.

• Visited April 2014
San Diego, California
“The duck was to die for. Great bartenders too.”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I stumbled upon this new restaurant one Sunday evening and decided to sit at the bar. I asked the bartender to make me something non-alcoholic but exotic (like with crushed berries and herbs, etc). She made me an awesome drink. Then I ordered a salad and the duck with gingerbread polenta. Salad was great but the duck was one of the best duck meals I have every had! The gingerbread polenta was incredible and so unique. I ate really slowly because the food was so darn tasty. I was too full for dessert but I bet it would have been great. I can't wait to go back. The atmosphere is varied depending on where one sits. There is also a counter/bar around the pizza maker guys which is kind of cool. I actually sat next to folks who had been there 3 nights in a row because the food was so good. Wonderful place!

• Visited February 2014
Idaho
“Absolute Foodie Heaven!”
Reviewed 5 March 2014

While visiting San Diego on business (and coming from a state/city where the food offerings just cannot compare) I was truly ready to cry over my lunch at Cucina Esoteca! There were 3 of us, and we ordered different items to try. All I can say is wow. Just wow. And the wine is sold at retail price (like a wine store) so no really inflated costs on that bottle to pair with your amazing meal. Brava!

• Visited February 2014