“Poor Service”

Dining style: Casual Elegant
San Diego, CA
“Poor Service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2008

I don't know what the other reviewers on are on, but I sure would like some of that. The service was terrible. Food was good, but our server was rude and ignored our dinner party. Don't go here if you want to have a pleasant dinner experience. Even McDonalds has better service than this snobby restaurant.

Encinitas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food and bar”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2007

Great food, location and ambiance..... Wold highly recommend a romantic evening out there. Take in a movie next door and take cocktails at the bar with the owner Connor afterwards.... We did and it was great.

1 Thank kjw1969
San Diego
“consistent good food and service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2007

I visited the Paradise grill last night and suddenly realised that I don't need to travel out of town to write a review!

I live locally and have visited this restaurant many times. It isn't dirt cheap, but the food has always been consistently good and service impeccable.

If I have one complaint, it is that the menu doesn't change and the two daily specials haven't appealed.

In anycase, there is always something good to choose. My favorites are the Julian apple salad with blue cheese starter, black mussel starter and the braised rib with mash main (I forget what it is called).

The most important thing to remember when visiting the Paradise is to ask for a table or booth in the bar area or outside by the fire pit. The main restaurant next to the front entrance is beautifully decorated but tends to be very noisy, often making conversation difficult. The bar area, on the other hand, is quieter and has a much better atmosphere.

The restaurant gets very busy once the Fairgrounds is in full swing for the season, so we always book.

4 Thank 92075