“Very Good Food But Poor First Impression”

Trattoria Ponte Vecchio
Reserve with OpenTable
Trattoria Ponte Vecchio is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 100 Restaurants in Del Mar
Price range: US$20 - US$35
Cuisines: Italian, Mexican
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Trattoria Ponte Vecchio is a local hidden gem located in the heart of Torrey Pines beach/reserve and south side of beautiful Del Mar. PV serves authentic Italian food with a touch of New York Style flavor. In addition to the daily specials, you will find some amazing signature chicken, seafood, vegan, Gluten free and vegetarian dishes. Don't forget to look at the Calzone and Pizza section of the menu. Our Pizza is prepared in 800 degree oven imported from Italy. Finish your dinner with a nice glass of port, Italian coffee, homemade tiramisu or cannoli.
Reviewed 10 April 2014

This restuarant is easy to get to but hard to find. Did not see any sign indicating the name in front. We parked in the rear and saw a sign for the "rear entrance" - however, you walked past the trash and through the kitchen. It was a very poor first impression and would recommend walking around the front. Thankfully the experience went up from there. The menu was pretty extensive. The waiter had a very thick accent and was hard to understand what the daily specials were. I would recommend having them written down so that guests can understand them. I had the lasagna which was very good - not to heavy, but very good flavor. My colleague had the chicken saltimbocca and said it was also very good. The salads were good and large.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

Great food and service. Try the calamari for sure, and the cheesecake is wonderful. Nice location to boot.

Reviewed 25 January 2014

When we arrived for an early New Year's Eve dinner there was a minor mix up with reservations, but they quickly resolved the issue and we were seated at a very nice table. I truly appreciated that kind of good customer service. This is a true Italian restaurant...old country dishes and they know how to make risotto the right way (it truly does take a while...ever heard of saffron!!) From the wine to dessert, and everything in between, we thoroughly enjoyed the meal and the service. It may be small and cozy but the quality is huge!

Reviewed 16 January 2014

The title says it all.

I took one of my employees to dinner, with no problem securing a reservation. We were given a very nice table (choice in our outside), had prompt service - attentive but not obsequious.

The salads are wonderful, with just about any choice of Italian that one could imagine. I had a mixed salad with crab/balsamic vinegret and my guest pear/gorgonzola. Both a hit. Dinner entrees? Pasta with shrimp (too much to eat it all) and a special chicken breast lined with some prosciuto and complemented with cheese. Yumm (and also more than I could eat). We took delightful cannolies (?sp?) home - an order is 3 small ones, complemented with fresh raspberries.

The price for two, with a glass of wine, was as predicted by TA-very reasonable.

I'm coming back! (Oh, and there is free parking in the rear of the building.)

Reviewed 18 November 2013

Very close to Del Mar / Torrey pines beach. Nice cozy place.. Waiter was really nice and took all our suggestions gracefully.. We ordered tomato soup , pasta and ended with the Cannoli. Everything was good and would definitely go back.