“great, not pretentious”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 12th & Camino Del Mar
Reviewed 8 July 2014

very nice place with really good food. patatas bravas and the chicken are fantastic. good wine list (though not large) and a nice outside seating area with glass to keep out the road noise. won't break the bank.

Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

My wife and I just found this restaurant. We had fantastic service from Dana and the meal was absolutely delicious. I had the beef tenderloin shoulder that was perfectly prepared to medium rare as I had requested. My wife had the homemade Tagliatelle pasta and she found it very delicious.

She ordered dessert and I ordered a port. Dana comped me a delicious warm chocolate dessert because she thought it goes well with port. It was very good!

It is also dog-friendly outside which is nice. The manager made it a point to stop and engage us in a discussion about the college works series in which my alma mater is playing tonight.

Don't forget to buy the kitchen a sixer if you enjoy the meal as much as we did.

Next time we come to this area we will definitely revisit this restaurant.

1  Thank nugget466
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

After reading good reviews about this place we were excited to try it out. Even we had reservations and tables were available the waitress let us wait for 15 minutes. No explanation why. Our salad was delicious. As main we got salmon and the tagliatelle. What a disappointment! Tiny, burned salmon, even the mushrooms were burned, all swimming in a greasy sauce. For $28 you can expect more (see photo). The tagliatelle with the meat were so salty, we couldn't finish. Nobody cared why we didn't finish. So we skipped the dessert.
The outdoor seating is great, but can't make up for the food quality! For me it's just another burger & chicken place with a very high price tag. $100 for a dinner of three, no alcohol and upset stomach won't feel like coming back.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

I don't enjoy writing bad reviews, but after visiting Prepkitchen last weekend for the first time I had a bad meal. I ordered pasta, which I felt was the best choice; not the case as it made my stomach really upset. I was disappointed paying over $90 for dinner for three, and walking away with an uneasy glut ache and not from the over priced food.

Service is okay, but felt the staff in their Buddy Holley horn rim glasses, skinny jeans and worn T-shirts were more focused on multitasking on their iPhone than serving guest and myself. The view on the outdoor patio was nice, but discovering no sink in the bathroom and a vintage sliding door was a bit too much like a Tijuana outing. How did this pass local building codes with no sink?

My experience was not great, and unlikely to return. Sorry Prepkitchen, but first impressions do count. Avoid the pasta is my advice.

1  Thank James v
Reviewed 21 May 2014

We went to Prep Kitchen for a leisurely brunch and were very happy - it exceed our expectations, really. We had mimosas, which were delicious. I had the poppysead pancakes and they were very tasty. My companion had the chiliquiles (sp?) and he loved them. We would certainly go here again.

1  Thank KHernan