“A relaxing evening”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 12th & Camino Del Mar
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We had reservations and were seated promptly outdoors. I started with a glass of Cava which was dry and lightly sparkling and very refreshing. It was served in a special glass with a generous pour.

Next we got the halibut fritto misto and the cutting board. We held off on ordering main courses to make sure we had plenty of time with these. We had a nice Pinot Noir throughout the meal, the one that's available by the glass.

The cutting board was phenomenal. There was a piece of pate, olives galore, sopressata, salami, house made raisins, walnuts, pickled red onions, three cheeses and two kinds of mustard, served on a cutting board. We ate that with the fresh bread that comes to every table. The halibut was also outstanding. Our calamari loving son declared it to be "really great" as he polished it off. I especially liked the zucchini chips that were included with the halibut.

For the main course, I got the radiatore with shrimp, my son got the tagliatelle Bolognese, and my husband got the skirt steak. The radiatore was a light dish and the fresh ingredients including perfectly cooked shrimp hit the spot. I made it spicier with red pepper flakes. I tasted my son's Bolognese and wow! I want to try that at home, and I am sure it will take all day to get that tomatoey richness and flavor pop with the stewed meat, not to mention the homemade tagliatelle. My husband ate all of his skirt steak. This was perfectly cooked with a tasty sauce and scalloped potatoes.

After our feast, we went for a nice walk on the beach. We needed it!

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I've been here 7-8 times and it's never disappointing. Great food! Outstanding service!
We take the dog too!

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Located on the main 101 in Del Mar this is a place to be seen at, I felt. The quality of the food is very good, and everything is made from scratch. We had the flatiron steak, which whilst very tasty came with basically one small potato (cut in half) and very few veg. It was $27 which I felt was on the high side for what it was.

Our kids split a pasta dish (from the main menu), the name of which I forget, but it had sausage in it. This was very tasty, and much better value than the steak, and if I went again, I would have that myself.

Overall, a good place, but not good enough to warrant the price tag.

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

We went for happy hour and split a few dishes and wine. Very good, and we will be back for dinner sometime soon! The wine list is eclectic but top notch. Service was very good and not pretentious. Be sure to try the buttermilk chicken wings! Nothing disappointed and all very fresh and well prepared.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Once again another great meal for an amazing day, opening day of the races at del mar. They did not have an extravagant event, they simply choose to do business as usual and I must say it was a great way to unwind from the chaos that was opening day. They were very busy and where I would have preferred a patio table, we sat inside & we were fortunate to get a table as they were packed. While we were enjoying our delicious starting course the table sat next to us, low & behold one of the guests was Chef Richard Blais (Top Chef). He smiled & I commented I must be in the right spot if he was choosing to dine here on such an eventful day. When he said he loves it here I knew that they must be doing something right if an amateur diner like myself & a seasoned chef both loved this place.

1  Thank Danny K