Hotel Indigo San Diego Del Mar
Hilton San Diego/Del Mar(Del Mar)(Great Value!)
US$202
US$176
US$402
US$338
  • Pool
Best Western Premier Hotel Del Mar(Del Mar)(Great Value!)
US$290
US$249
BestWestern.com
Secret Garden Inn(Del Mar)(Great Value!)
US$201
US$190
US$229
US$207
Travelocity
Les Artistes(Del Mar)(Great Value!)
US$179
US$163
Winners Circle Resort(Solana Beach)(Great Value!)
US$197
Courtyard San Diego Del Mar/Solana Beach(Solana Beach)(Great Value!)
US$168
US$157
US$149
  • Breakfast included
Villa L'Auberge(Del Mar)
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewsocean viewmain buildinghardwood floorsthe cliffcoffee makerceiling fanmini kitchentorrey pineslarge roomminute drivebusiness centertwo blockswalking distance to the beachgreat roomwatch the sunsetrestaurants and shopspools
Reviewed 14 July 2014

The staff was incredible and couldn't be more welcoming and helpful. We stayed in one of the nicer rooms with a small deck and an "ocean view". I am using the expression "ocean view" very very loosely. One could see a fragment of the ocean if one looked between the buildings of the apartment/condo in front of the hotel. This is not in my book considered an ocean view. The room was clean and very comfortable. Warning: you have to be really careful when taking a shower. If the curtain is not exactly inside the small lip the bathroom will flood, seriously. Speaking of the shower, it is one of the most incredible shower experiences, like a massaging shower. I want one!!!!
The major downside to the hotel is that it is not in town nor has easy access to the beach. What we did was get out of crowded Del Mar (4th of July weekend) and headed south a short distance to the next beach town. If you do this, park on the street and save $20 for park parking!! Easy walk to the ocean.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I read a couple of negative reviews, hence a bit skeptical, but I couldn't say no since it was under $200. The moral is lower your expectations and get wowed. The front desk staff was great. They gave me some excellent suggestions on eats and places to go. The cleaning staff was very accommodating and I got a late checkout to boot. My room was nice with a mini fridge and microwave. The pool areas were kept clean, though not used too much. Parking was free and convenient. The location was perfect. You are very close to La Jolla, Torrey Pines, Solana Beach and Cardiff By the Sea. I will stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 July 2014

given that this is a renovated Best Western, it's surprisingly good. All the rooms have been re-done with new surfaces and they're quite nice (new tiled showers, countertops, floors, etc). Very nice furnishings. But you can still tell it's an old motel (windows, doors, etc). The staff however makes up for the other shortcomings in being very welcoming and efficient. And the bar area is quite welcoming as well, for a small group or a single.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 June 2014

My friend and I spent a weekend in Del Mar/San Diego and had a lovely room with an ocean view. The room was large and airy and with the patio door and windows open, we had wonderful ocean breezes. The ocean-facing balcony turned out to be our favorite place to have breakfast each morning. But my favorite feature of the room, by far, was the bed. It was the most comfortable mattress I have ever slept on. Really. Usually I don't sleep well in hotel rooms, I like my own bed and my own pillows...but this, this was the exception.

The service at the Hotel Indigo was also exceptional. The staff in the lobby were smiling, courteous and friendly. When I called the front desk with a question about operating the room"s ceiling fan, someone from maintenance was at our door within minutes to help us with it. At check-out, when I raved about the comfort of the beds, the desk clerk offered to email me with the information about the mattress!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 June 2014

From the vanilla-scented lobby to the extra-large room with the fantastic balcony, this was a great hotel. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The beds were super comfortable. I was originally afraid that 4 women in one room was going to be claustrophic, but my sisters and I never felt cramped. The room was really spacious and we appreciated the small kitchenette with the Keurig coffeemaker. Overall, it was a great experience and we wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Man Lai T, General Manager at Hotel Indigo San Diego Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Thank you again for sharing your wonderful experience at Hotel Indigo Del Mar with other Trip Advisor readers. We are so happy that you, your sister and your girlfriends had a fabulous girls getaway weekend. Please come back and visit us again. We truly appreciate the opportunity to be part of your fun weekend. We look forward to serving you again in the very near future.

Best Wishes,