“Yum Yum Yum”

Ranked #22 of 95 Restaurants in Del Mar
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 29 May 2014

My husband & I ordered from here while on vacation in California & it was GREAT! We shared the chicken quesadilla, a chicken burrito & a lite burrito, and our toddler had the rice & beans (while she picked from us of course)...all delicious. The food was fresh & bursting with flavor. Also the portion size is quite large & the prices are very very reasonable. If you are staying at the Hampton Inn- Del Mar, CA (Great hotel - check out my review for them), they are within minutes by car. My husband went while I settled into the hotel, so I can't personally speak to the restaurant itself, but he said it looked really nice & clean inside (we're sticklers when it comes to that).

There are newer reviews for Roberto's Mexican Food

Reviewed 8 March 2014

if you like street tacos you have to try the minin tacos. cheap and yummy! found this places but accident and loved it! a local joint.

Reviewed 10 June 2013

We stopped at Robeto's after walking around in the Torrey Pines area because we wanted delicious Mexican food. Roberto's was exactly what we were looking for. In the past, we had good mexican food served up cafeteria style in La Jolla so we were looking for something similar and this is it. You have to eat outside or take it with you. There is no seating inside. The portions are huge! We couldn't finish our meals and they were cheap and delicious. Great meal to end an awesome day.

Reviewed 25 February 2013

Great food, great value! Great place near the beach. There's no indoor dining and there are no public restrooms. Come early because this place gets busy and parking is limited. I had a shrimp burrito at the recommendation of the girl at the counter. It was large and very good. This place is a great value. The only seating is outdoors which allows people to bring their well behaved dogs with them. Great place! I would certainly visit again if I'm in the area.

Reviewed 31 January 2013

Return visit here last time. I ordered the rolled taco plate which I enjoyed. However, my husband had a Carne asada burrito and when I asked about his meal, he said it would have been good if it had not been cold. Not sure what happened because service was prompt and they tend to continue to be busy, even with locals every time we pass. I hope this was an aberration since they have been a reasonable, easy and tasty go-to place in the past.