“Outstanding comfort”

Best Western Premier Hotel Del Mar
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Del Mar
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 15 August 2011

Just spent 4 nights at the del mar inn. Great staff (Mike was very helpful), comfortable clean rooms, quiet and first class bed and bedding. Convenient location to everything. Will definitely come back! Big thanks to all the staff.

Room Tip: I preferred the 3rd floor
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Darlene F
silversurfersocal, Manager at Best Western Premier Hotel Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2011

Dear Darlene F: Truly a pleasure to read such praise from our guests re: our beautiful boutique hotel in America’s Finest City & our own Sea Side Village of Del Mar/La Jolla.

We truly pride ourselves on hospitality, simply treating our guests as “Our Guests” as if they’re visiting our homes & neighborhoods.

As a side note, my mother was from Arkansas, who probably thought me more about hospitality then all my years of formal training & education. Nothing like southern Hospitality!

Reviewed 6 August 2011

My family and I stayed at the Del Mar Inn for 6 nights the last week of July. It was great. The positive points are the price, the lowest of the 15 or so hotels I looked at in San Diego; friendly staff that were always helpful regarding restaurants recommendations and things to do in SD; the fantastic view of the ocean - we had an ocean side room on the third floor, which I recommend - not sure if the first or second floor would be so clear of a view. With this view, our hotel room itself became a destination; free breakfast with a wide choice of options - pastries, bagels, oatmeal, cereal, milk, juice, coffee, tea & smoothies, and Rose, the very friendly attendant; newly renovated and clean room, especially the bathroom; free parking; nice pool and hot tub; washer/dryer on site - they make change and sell detergent at the front desk; walkable to village and beach in Del Mar (about 10-15 minutes in a lovely, quiet neighborhood) and still within 25 minutes to zoo and downtown San Diego (assuming no traffic on I-5, which we never hit).

The negative points (why I didn't give the hotel a 5) are: the room was a bit small, so that our bed was directly next to the a/c vent. I couldn't move the vent, so it blew on me when it was on. If the vent could be re-directed, the smallness of the room wouldn't really matter; poor water pressure in the shower (fixable, I guess); slow internet service at the business center computer (fixable); and terrible coffee for breakfast. I'm not at all a coffee snob - drink Maxwell House/Folgers at home. This is fixable too. If it matters, there is also no onsite fitness center but guests have access to a gym nearby. I exercise daily but got around this by running to the beach and on the beach every morning. That beat a fitness center hands down.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
silversurfersocal, Manager at Best Western Premier Hotel Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2011

Dear Travelling_Dad45: A brief note to “Thank You” for your kind words. We’re proud of our beautiful beaches and Sea Side Village Location; it’s the best!

And yes, all west facing rooms can see the Ocean & our incredible Sunsets.

Comments such as yours, inform us what we're doing right, what we're doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

Looking forward to having you & your family return again & again.

Reviewed 2 August 2011

Del Mar is lovely - quaint and a wonderful beach. Hotel is very nice - they are redecorating it with luxurious decor. Hotel staff could not have been more helpful. The breakfast is adequate, but very nice setting in a separate building near the pool. Will certainly visit there again. Get the ocean view room - beautiful at sundown!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank tripster453

Dear tripster4: A very big “Thank You” for your kind words. We’re proud of our beautiful beaches and Sea Side Village Location; it’s the best!

Your pleasure is our business, and when you’re here for business it’s our pleasure to assist. We look forward to you returning at your earliest opportunity.

Reviewed 29 July 2011

I think "charming" is the best word for this hotel. The room was small but well-appointed. There was a fridge, sink, coffee maker and microwave. Everything was clean. The bed was one of the most comfortable hotel beds I have slept on. I enjoyed the garden courtyard and location near the water. Staff were pleasant.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed 28 July 2011

We took a family vacation trip Southern California. On our arrival to Del Mar our original reservation with a nearby hotel was overbooked so we had to find another hotel nearby on a busy summer weekend. Fortunately the Clarion had one room remaining and it had an ocean view. The staff was very professional and friendly. We made a request for a crib to be in our room and when we walked into our room the crib was already there. We made the reservation being about 5 minutes away from the hotel. So their turnaround was fairly quick. Our room was claen and accomodating. We enjoyed the Clarion and look forward to staying here in the future.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank jtheocc

Dear jtheocc: Always a joy to read a family adventure went so well. We pride ourselves on Professionalism & Friendliness with a dash of willingness to assist whenever we can.

We look forward to you visiting again.

Reviewed 21 July 2011

...to the folks at The Clarion Del Mar Inn for making my stay one of the most relaxing and carefree times in recent memory. The room was immaculate, large and comfortable, and the service, A-1 all the way. Of course, the ocean view was a nice touch!
I'll be back next year, of course....or possibly again this year, if I can get away!
Big shout-out to the Mackeys. You guys did it again. Always a pleasure!!

Room Tip: Go for the ocean view, if possible!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kevin32530
silversurfersocal, Manager at Best Western Premier Hotel Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2011

Dear Kevin32530: Thank you for your outstanding comments on Tripadvisor. It was truly a please meeting you & chatting re: Del Mar/La Jolla History.
Maybe some day you & family could return to live in paradise. In the meantime, I suppose Irvine will have to do, I hear it’s also pretty nice!
Next visit, (((I was serious about sharing with you some great local surf spots))) as I’ve been surfing here on & off ¾ of my life-time here in San Diego/Mexico.
When the time comes for a re-visit, (in the short term request one of our 3 show rooms, I’d greatly appreciate your input. Thank you for being a guest here at The Clarion Del Mar Inn.

Reviewed 21 July 2011

a stay-cation was well-needed, so my love and i spent a couple of nights at this lovely inn by the beach. we drove along the ocean on the 101 to find this place tucked away off the highway. the well groomed and blooming garden areas kept our attention on our walks to the beach (only a skip and a jump from the hotel) and the beautifully lit pool area (complete with a steamy jacuzzi) provided a pleasant atmosphere during our evening frivolities. clean rooms, very pleasant staff, prime location in del mar. a perfect place for a little getaway. :)

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Hampton Inn San Diego/Del Mar
Hampton Inn San Diego/Del Mar
#72 of 286 in San Diego
DoubleTree by Hilton San Diego - Del Mar

Been to Best Western Premier Hotel Del Mar? Share your experiences!