“Location, Value, Comfort and Quiet - Loved It!!!!!”

Best Western Premier Hotel Del Mar
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Del Mar
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 23 October 2008

I Absolutely Loved My stay at the Del Mar Inn this past weekend, I'm Originally from San Diego and normally I stay at my Parents House but this time I decided to stay at Somewhere different, I've stayed at the Inn before and liked it so I decided to try it again. I was Pleasantly Surprised to see all the "Completed Renovations" to the Property, The New Carpets, Bathroom Remodel and Pool Area were a
Nice Surprise. I also took Full Advantage of the Complimentary Continental Breakfast Area. The Staff is Well Trained and Organized and made me feel like I was home (but without the family drama)

Since moving away from San Diego 5 years ago it's nice to come back home and see the Ocean From Your Balcony after a long day of Golfing at Torrey Pines North and South. (yea 36 holes that day).

I'm Convinced that the Clarion Del Mar Inn is the Best Value, Staff and Location in San Diego, Great eateries nearby in the Town of Del Mar and also Pristine Beaches along with easy freeway access to North and South Highway 5.
I Will Recommend Thomas Mackey the General Manager and His Staff to all my Friends when they ask, Where's the Best place to Stay in San Diego? For me it's the Del Mar Inn!

Sincerely, Vince from Fresno Now.

Stayed: October 2008
2  Thank callawaygolfer

Reviewed 15 September 2008

The hotel was old and not well maintained. It tried to be quaint, but was just outdated and not very clean. The pool wasn't heated, the shuttle to the US open didn't pick up there because of road work. For the same money there are many other great hotels in the Del Mar area - skip this one!!!

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank emm52
Reviewed 25 August 2008

I stopped at late night asking for a room. I was traveling with my family (wife and 4yo baby) and I negotiated a room for 149 USD. I thought it was clear that I needed at least two bed, but the room only had one. I asked for the extra bed and they provided me with a baby cot which was shorter than my son. As a matter of fact I was very tired and I was partly responsible for this misunderstanding at the check-in, so I don't complain too much about this.

Anyway, the room was spacious, clean, with a beautiful view over the ocean, and the breakfast was fine. In the morning we were off for our destination, even if we were a little bit sad for skipping the opportunity to visit more the area and the seaside of Del Mar.

1  Thank qwfqwf
Reviewed 24 August 2008

I must say this experience was one that I do not want anybody else to go through. I went there with my in-laws and considered my hotel experience terrible. First of all my hotel room was small and did not feel clean at all. Compared to my in-laws room mine was very much smaller. I stayed in room 227 and my in-laws stayed in 202. My room did not include a refrigerator or a wet bar sink, although my in-laws did. We paid the same amount of money and reserved them on the same day and asked for the same options. When I confronted the staff they basically said to bad. I talked with the general manager named Thomas Mackey and he said get over it. It was there choice what room to give you and there is nothing you can do about it. I must say THOMAS MACKEY is one of the most un pofessional person I have every dealt with. My other big complaint with this place is the horrible balcony that was there. Two people can hardley sit out there comfortably. Overall this is a bad hotel and would never tell anybody to go there. I am obviously still upset about this stay, as it was just about 2 days ago that I stayed there.

2  Thank ucdavis
silversurfersocal, Manager at Best Western Premier Hotel Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2008

Dear Guest: My sincerest apologies for having two (2) style of rooms of one which was upgraded complimentary due to high level of occupancy. I was informed by my staff quoting you "that we ruined your vacation" due to two different room types. One had an expanded vanity, the other did not. Please consider the circumstances; we always strive to offer the best accommodations here in Del Mar. It's unfortunate when we offered to move your room due to your dissatisfaction, you chose to remain in the two rooms you were given. We hope in the future to better assist you and to offer the exact rooms to satisfy guests similar to you and your visitors.
Thomas Mackey
Clarion Del Mar Inn

Reviewed 20 August 2008

had a family crisis so i called and cancelled 12 days out..very unfriendly girl said too bad ,so sad,our cancellation policy is 14 days.. I said i was never told of this on the phone..hey people do forget..well she lied..now they are charging my CC 251 bucks..yep..2 nights..how freakin nice huh? maybe someday that girl will have a problem with her mom and somebody will take advantage of her situation and then she will know i felt..Also the manager would never call me or talk to me..She said he is always out surfing..Anyway i will win this with my CC company as they dont want to lose a 300,000 dollar account..thanks Clarion for being so understanding!!!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mickrocks
Reviewed 9 August 2008

Location: Nice location on a busy street, close to many shops and the beach (Powerhouse and Torrey Pines). I don't consider it to be a walkable distance, especially when you have young kids. The area seems safe and quiet.

Room: We reserved an ocean view room, but they overbooked that room so we were given a garden view. It is a view of the pool and the street. For the price (<$150), it was acceptable. Room was dated, although everything seemed clean and well-maintained. The room is smaller than some of the newer chain hotels; the bathroom was also lacking in space.

Breakfast: Good selection of pastries. Fresh fruit. Juice and milk. Only negative: coffee; tried it for 2 days and finally had to get some Starbucks. Attendant was friendly and helpful.

Overall: Nice hotel for the price, but will probably look at some of the other hotels that are closer to the beach for future visits. We spent 20 minutes looking for parking for the Powerhouse Park and Beach; the streets are narrow and parking is sparse.

Reviewed 14 July 2008

Great hotel. We stayed there 7 nights during the month of June. The breakfast was light but very tasty! Cereal, pastries etc. Very close to the beach and little village. Lovely newly renovated rooms were clean and spacious. We will return!

satisfied guest!

Hampton Inn San Diego/Del Mar
Hampton Inn San Diego/Del Mar
#67 of 286 in San Diego
DoubleTree by Hilton San Diego - Del Mar

Been to Best Western Premier Hotel Del Mar? Share your experiences!