Best Western Premier Hotel Del Mar
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Hilton San Diego/Del Mar(Del Mar)(Great Value!)
US$168
US$147
  • Pool
Hotel Indigo San Diego Del Mar(Del Mar)(Great Value!)
US$153
US$173
US$168
L'Auberge Del Mar(Del Mar)
US$434
US$405
Travelocity
  • Pool
Les Artistes(Del Mar)(Great Value!)
US$163
US$156
Winners Circle Resort(Solana Beach)(Great Value!)
US$153
Courtyard San Diego Del Mar/Solana Beach(Solana Beach)(Great Value!)
US$157
US$146
US$144
US$131
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Villa L'Auberge(Del Mar)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
All reviewsocean viewburritonice pool and hot tubon premisesquaint hotelbeautiful landscapingwithin walking distancethird floorwet barsan diegomini fridgerailroad trackslocation is greattwo blocksnice stayup to datecoffee maker
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

The good: you can see the ocean and the shower is nice and they make good hamburgers for $8 in the on site patio cafe.
The bad: no comfortable chair or sofa in the room. The bed is super hard. Room lacks any decor -- it's depressing. Won't be back...it's not worth the ocean view if you're miserable.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Mike B
silversurfer-delmar, Manager at Best Western Premier Hotel Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear Mike B: Thank you for the compliments on our Bistro, we make grrrreat hamburgers & yes – they’re only $8.00 - with fries – WOW!!!

I’m truly sorry if your bed felt hard, all our beds are only a year old & we normally receive great compliments on our Serta Sleeper Beds. Unfortunate to read you were uncomfortable.

Sounds like either you felt miserable, OR, you believe the room was miserable?

In either case, I truly hope you have a great rest of the summer.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Nice hotel, clean, rooms are comfortable the staff are all highly service originated and aim to please. I have stayed at many hotels in the Del Mar Village area and will now add this to my list of ones I will definitely return to. I believe you too will enjoy your stay.

Room Tip: I have only stayed her once and had room 121 and found it quite pleasant.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Dear 4EIEIO: Big shout out to you in Pasadena – Love old parts of that town… Hope you and yours had a grrrreat time at the races; they’ve become an event to truly enjoy with races, concerts, Beer & Wine festivals, Chile Cook-offs and sooo much more.

Thank you for your great comments and compliments on TripAdvisor, we truly appreciate you taking time out of your day to write a few words to offer a heads-up to other visitors.

We really do try our best to make everything great for our guests and visitors. Great to read you enjoyed yourself while visiting America’s Finest City and our own Sea Side Village of Del Mar –Where the Surf really does Meets the Turf…

Reviewed 17 July 2014

I was traveling solo and was spending most of my time with friends who live in Del Mar.

With that in mind, this was a great location since I did want to be on the beach and not on the east side of the I-5. Not only was it an easy walk to the beach, if you use the 15th Street access to the beach you walk through the Dell Mar restaurant / store district.

The room was good for me. Free wifi and a kitchenette with a mini-fridge. Very useful if you are like me and have left overs from American restaurants (servings too large).

Also it is a great location for all of the local sites. An easy jump down to Mexico. Or an easy drive to LA.

Room Tip: Beach view- only on one side of the hotel (of course)
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Peter H
silversurfer-delmar, Manager at Best Western Premier Hotel Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear Peter H: Thank you for the great compliments regarding our facility. Great location to bounce around San Diego altogether – North, South, East OR a short walk to the West at the beautiful Blue Pacific Ocean.

Unfortunately YES, we only have ½ the hotel facing the Ocean – wish we had more, someday…

We try not to be sneaky – No hidden charges here, NO RESORT FEES, Free WIFI, Free Parking, Great views and sooooo much more for those wanting fun and adventure.

Hope to have you back when you’re in town for visiting friends in Del Mar.
Take care and safe travels…

Reviewed 16 July 2014

We stayed here two nights with two children and enjoyed the stay. Five minutes to La Jolla and only twenty minutes from Sea World. A very easy walk down to the beach to enjoy the most amazing sunset and a very active shopping/restaurant district. The room wasn't anything over the top spectacular, but it had everything you need... mini-fridge (for the beer after the kids go to bed), coffee maker (to wake you up before you embark off to Sea World), microwave and sink. The bathroom has a spectacular walk-in shower and the property as a whole was very clean.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Steve C

Dear Steve C: Thanks’ for the great comments on TripAdvisor. Always a great read knowing the little ones also enjoyed themselves, while the grown-ups had a blast…

Great location, great beaches and I agree AMAZING SUNSETS…

Having the essentials for you and the family is why we renovated in the first place, thank you for the compliment on our NEW Bathrooms, they’re the best.

If you ever make it out this way again, we’ll be sure to have a room for family fun for you folk from Kansas.
Cheers,

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I liked this hotel. It was clean and updated, well located, beautiful landscaping and it had a small kitchenette area in the closet. The shower was huge and cool. I would recommend this hotel.

I did have my mom traveling w/ me and we forgot her handicap sticker which made the parking difficult. It in on a slope and stairs need to be taken into the building if you park in the back. If she was with me, I would have to reconsider this location.

Also to get in and out of the parking lot, it was sloped so much that, unless you were an experienced driver, it could make you uncomfortable.

All and all, a great hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
silversurfer-delmar, Manager at Best Western Premier Hotel Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear Debbie S: My sincerest apologies for any inconvenience your mother may have encountered, yes we’re on a serious slope, BUT, also gives you some of the most beautiful Ocean Views AND Sunsets ever.

I certainly hope you’ll return with your mother, we’re working on permitted ADA parking to make it much easier for path of travel.

Hope you visit soon, and thank you for your kind words on TripAdvisor.