“a wonderful time”

Best Western Premier Hotel Del Mar
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Del Mar
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 10 June 2010

We had a great time staying at the Del Mar Inn! Not to far from San Diego, actual perfect distance. Right near the ocean. Great view. We walked to restuarants. Great restaurants near by. Loved the pool and jaccuzi. Would definitely stay there again if traveling to San Diego!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank jons83
silversurfersocal, Manager at Best Western Premier Hotel Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2010

Dear jons83: Thank you for your kind remarks regarding The Clarion Del Mar Inn. We greatly appreciate you taking time out to comment regarding our hotel.

Our location offers visitors the beautiful white sandy beaches of Del Mar; in addition to some great restaurants within walking distance.

We greatly appreciate your compliments and kind words.

All of us here at The Clarion Del Mar Inn always hope to go beyond guest satisfaction.

Hope to have you and your family visits us again very soon.

Reviewed 28 May 2010

The Del Mar Inn is located within walking distance of most attractions in Del Mar, inlcuding the beach. The sea view in my room was fantastic. The room was old and worn-out but clean. Although I did not use it, their pool and hot-tub in the garden looked very inviting. The staff was helpful and nice.
I was there on a business trip and therefore internet access (or lack thereof) was a major drawback for me. In the evening hours their "high-speed internet access" (advertised) was barely usable, sometimes it took 5 minutes to get logged in and another 5 to load the first web site. The other drawback is that you could almost hear people breathe in the rooms next to yours.
In general, I would recommend to stay in this hotel, especially if you travel for leisure.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
3  Thank bjmmmm
silversurfersocal, Manager at Best Western Premier Hotel Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2010

Dear bjmmmm: Thank you for your contribution to TripAdvisor. My apologies if for any reason you couldn’t locate our WIFI. We offer complimentary WIFI with multiple DSL lines equaling speeds of 12+ Mbps (Mega bits per second) and a quadrant around the hotel from the street level to the lower parking lot.

I’m hoping you located our tent card on top of the desk in your room offering our 24/7 support company Informanet WIFI services. Or, contacted our Front Office for assistance, recommendations or additional directions. Reviewing our call log from Informanet – unfortunately, they determined no service calls were made since May 23rd 2010.

I sincerely hope upon future visits we can offer you services above and beyond your expectations.

Reviewed 4 April 2010

Very satisfied...I was planning to stay at mission beach, but was skeptical of some negative feedback (noise etc) saw reviews of this hotel, and have no regrets upon changing our plans. Great proximity to scenic Del Mar coast spots... very helpful staff...reasonable price...good value and comp. breakfast. Thought I'd booked ocean view (my online error)...but garden view was fine. I had room next to elevator...and still slept like a log
If you are looking for peaceful pleasant clean and friendly...this is your place...if looking for nite life and excitement... go somewhere else (please)

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank markie59
silversurfersocal, Manager at Best Western Premier Hotel Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2010

Dear Markie59: Thank you for your kind comments regarding The Clarion Del Mar Inn.

Based on a brief review of your travels & destinations, you truly enjoy beach locations.

All of us here at the hotel look forward to you visiting again in the near future. Upon returning, request a walking map – they’re the best for finding those nooks throughout Del Mar and one of a kind shops and dining off the beaten path, similar to a treasure map.

Reviewed 5 March 2010

This Chain Hotel had the charm of a country inn. My room had a lovely view of the ocean and the hotel is close enough to hear the surf. You do have to walk a few blocks to the beach. My room's decor was also charming, with lace curtains and new everything except the TV. Even the bath amenities were better quality than usual-Bath & Body Works Cononut Verbena. There is a small pool and free continental breakfast served in the adjacent "carriage house".

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank travelmarcia
silversurfersocal, Manager at Best Western Premier Hotel Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2010

Dear Travelmarcia: Thank you for your review! It’s always a pleasure to review kind and positive comments regarding our staff and property. It’s truly a wonderful little property located in a beautiful quaint Sea Side Village. We hope to have you return at your earliest opportunity.

Reviewed 19 February 2010

I grew up in San Diego and was down last year visiting from Portland. This is not my first stay at the Del Mar Inn but it is my first review.

As far as I'm concerned, when I go to a place like San Diego, I'm going to the beach and Del Mar has it in spades, not to mention having the Del Mar race track and Torrey Pines at your doorstep. My second criteria is that I feel at home in the environment and not like I'm on some human assembly line. The Del Mar Inn feels more like a large bed & breakfast than something you'd find out at Lindberg. It's the difference between going to a sandwich place that gets by on word-of-mouth and Subway. One lives and dies by the quality of it's subs and one doesn't.

I don't care that it's not central to my trip,. the shortest radius to most of the stops on my itinerary is probably some Motel 6 next to the 5 freeway but that's not what I call being on vacation.

One last comment, I don't know where they get their sheets but we haven't matched them at home for any price.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
silversurfersocal, Manager at Best Western Premier Hotel Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2010

Dear SoCalExpat2004: Thank you for your TripAdvisor comments and most importantly, your patronage.

I’m hoping you had the opportunity to review all the new furnishings and upgrades the hotel has to offer.

All of us here at The Clarion Del Mar Inn hope to have you visiting again very soon.

Reviewed 17 February 2010

We stayed at the Del Mar Inn in February 2010. We had a wonderful stay. The staff was wonderful. The woman at the front desk was very nice and helpful. The shuttlebus driver was also very friendly. The women who serves the continental breakfast is a gem. She was joyful every morning we ate breakfast. Our room was very clean and the breakfast great. My husband and I enjoyed our stay and we are hoping to get back there sometime in 2011.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank bpmlk
silversurfersocal, Manager at Best Western Premier Hotel Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2010

Just a brief note to thank you for taking time from your day to write such wonderful comments on behalf of The Clarion Del Mar Inn.
Unfortunately, it’s rare we receive “Very Nice Reviews” for always attempting to go above and beyond guest expectations. It’s refreshing to receive your kind compliments.

We’ll continue to our best efforts to over achieve for all our visitors to our beautiful garden hotel in the Sea Side Village of Del Mar.
Gratefully yours,
Manager

Reviewed 20 January 2010

Hallways smelled awful. Room looked clean but when I reached for a phone book, could have written my name in the dust on the cover. Room very outdated looking. Patio door had broken lock, window covering was torn. If you are just looking for a place to sleep and won't spend any time there, get a good rate and go for it....but if you want a nice place to come "home" to...keep looking.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
silversurfersocal, manager at Best Western Premier Hotel Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2010

Dear Jizell: Thank you for your email comments. I’d very much appreciate the opportunity to apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your recent visit.

My hope is you we’re aware of our signs in our Lobby “UNDER RENOVATIONS”.

You may read many of our other comments by guests – most are very good reviews, lately, they’ve been a bit more erratic due to our renovations, a few similar to yours.

With the installation of our new doors and windows, I wasn’t aware until too late of the odor the sealant being used for our new doors and windows was so pungent. To the credit of our staff, we aired out the hotel rooms immediately upon this finding.

I’m surprised to hear any comments of our carpeting; it’s only four months old – Installation was in September. Most all renovations will be completed in the immediate future.

My only hope is all of us here at The Clarion Del Mar Inn will be given another opportunity to satisfy those guests’ who may have been inconvenienced by our installers.

To date and to my knowledge; any who have been inconvenienced and commented to our staff have been immediately resolved and satisfied.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Del Mar
DoubleTree by Hilton San Diego - Del Mar
Hampton Inn San Diego/Del Mar
Hampton Inn San Diego/Del Mar
#68 of 279 in San Diego

Been to Best Western Premier Hotel Del Mar? Share your experiences!