“Perfect hotel, perfect people”
Review of Alexakis Hotel

Alexakis Hotel
Ranked #1 of 15 Loutra Ipatis B&B and Inns
Uppsala, Sweden
“Perfect hotel, perfect people”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I visited hotel Alexakis in Loutra Ypatis for 5 days. I went there for my research and I already try to find a new reason to go back. Hotel Alexakis is a reason itself! I was on my own and I felt I have a new family in Loutra Ypatis. Sofia, Theofilos and Babis were more than helpful as they brought me in contact with people for my research. I didn't feel lonely at all. I got the feeling that I am a guest in friend's house rather than just staying in a random hotel. The owners are really passionate with their hotel and you can feel it from the first moment. The rooms are very clean and all areas in the hotel are newly renovated with great taste. The BEDS are P E R F E C T! The spot of the hotel is very nice, I had lovely view to the mountain. I find no reason to not stay at Alexakis Hotel if you visit Loytra Ypatis.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Greek first
Greece
Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

I don't known any reason that somebody will stay in a hotel in Lamia, and not go to Alexakis Hotel at Loutra Ypatis. The best hotel in the region with the awesome service in a super village. The rooms were excellent, the breakfast handmade. The ultimate relaxation place. Ioulia you are super.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Malaysia
Reviewed 25 December 2013

We arrived late at night but they have already prepared our check in details and rooms so check in was done in a minute.
We were greeted with warm smile the next morning and good breakfast! What I loved most is their warm and friendly services. We will definitely stay here again:))

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed 11 December 2013

We felt in Alexakis Hotel like at home. The staff is really nice and helpfull. Very clean, modern, comfortable and lovely decorated. 10 points to the breakfast (and the Risogalo, rice and milk, made by Giulia) We decided to stop there in our trip between Delphi and Meteora, and it was a great idea. We discovered Loutra Ipatis, which means the baths of Ipatis, a natural open spa 100 mts from Alexakis Hotel. Loutra Ipatis is also a good starting point to explore the National Park of Iti, and it's around 30 km far away from the new museum of Thermopilas Battle. What else?

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
greece
Reviewed 7 November 2013

- Location: Twenty minute drive from Lamia and close to the railway station of Lianokladi.
- Atmosphere: Pleasant.
- Decoration: Good enough.
- Room: It was of a good size with comfortable beds, well maintained and clean. The bathroom was clean but the shower a bit narrow.
- Service: The staff were friendly and helpful.
- Parking: No problem.

- Would I stay there again?: Yes.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Piraeus, Greece
Reviewed 29 October 2013

It was a really surprise as this small family hotel offers EXCELLENT healthy breakfast, clean rooms and a nice lounge to relax. The staff (a nice family) is very friendly and ready to service the visitors. And all of them at a very good price.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 23 October 2013

A rare gem. This small family run hotel made us feel like family. Loutra Ypatis is a spa town with numerous hotels that is generally fairly quiet at the end of September when we were there. However, when I called to book a room, we were told there was a special Hercules Mountain Marathon and there should be lots of activities in town. Additionally, there would be a 6K and 16K race to bring in more runners and that our host, Babis, would be running. I said the 6K sounds fun and asked if my daughter and I could sign up. Not only did he sign us up, but from the time we arrived, the entire family and several of their friends made us feel welcome and helped us with the race sign up and getting to the race start. The race trail was a beautiful, but steep, path on Mount Ito from Ypatis.
Our hotel room was very clean and comfortable. It had air conditioning, although we didn’t need to use it since the night was pleasantly cool. A generous breakfast was provided in the morning with fresh squeezed orange juice, coffee and tea, bread, meat, cheese, fruit, and delicious rice pudding.
I would highly recommend this hotel as well as the various runs for the Hercules Mountain Marathon.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
#5 of 15 in Loutra Ipatis
Hotel Lux
Hotel Lux
#3 of 15 in Loutra Ipatis

Been to Alexakis Hotel? Share your experiences!