Just returned from second visit in four months. It's fantastic. QUIET. You arrive to NO CELL PHONE and WHISPER. They had me at no cell phone. I am somebody who has enormous difficulty relaxing. I became a vegetable five minutes after check in. This place isn't "luxy", but it's nurturant. The atmosphere immediately detoxes you even without the amazing treatments. It's ideal for spa lover and haters! My husband, who is anti-spa as humanely possible, lives to return. When he walked in from his Watsu with Kim, he said "Hon, I just had the most incredible experience of my life." Kim for Watsu, Beth for salt scrub. We didn't do lots of other treatments because we fell in love with those. I'll branch out next time.
My only fear is that new management will change the place and make it another overpriced, overdone spa. What makes this place so unique is its uniqueness! The only downside from my POV is that the restaurant needs work. Food is okay, not great. I admit to one other fear, that posting this will mean it'll be harder to get a room next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marking 75 years in 2015, Two Bunch Palms has much to celebrate. Last year's incredible renovation of the 270-acre property resulted in 70 'soulful' new room accommodations, a farm-to-table restaurant Essense, passive solar earth mound yoga dome and a new View Point conference center and meeting facility with views of the valley against the San Jacinto Mountains. This physical transformation, including the addition of a 3.5-Acre solar field, puts Two Bunch Palms on the destination spa map as the first "Sustainable Wellness Resort" in North America and the first carbon-neutral resort. A legacy that spans several generations of guests-from notorious gangsters to Hollywood elite to romantic spa seekers-the property and its newest incarnation brings a rich and storied history full circle. This adult-only sanctuary (guests must be 18 or older) invites you to explore the four pillars of the resort: waters, spa, movement and cuisine. Their renowned, natural lithium-infused spring grotto features two mineral water pools carefully kept at a consistent temperature to ensure therapeutic and mood-enhancing properties. Guests are encouraged to "take to the 600-year old waters" and connect body with spirit before enjoying the spa well-known for its intuitive healers and authentic treatments. The new Essense restaurant features healthier gourmet dining prepared by a Le-Cordon Bleu trained chef with the help of a PHD nutritionist. With a nourished body, guests may partake in more than 35 wellness activities, such as meditation, art classes, tai chi, qigong and yoga in the beautiful new dome. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Ebookers and getaroom.com so you can book your Two Bunch Palms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 2 Bunch Palms Resort & Spa
- Two Bunch Palms Hotel Desert Hot Springs
- Two Bunch Palms Resort And Spa