“LOVE THIS PLACE!”
Review of Two Bunch Palms

Two Bunch Palms
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 11 July 2012

Just returned from second visit in four months. It's fantastic. QUIET. You arrive to NO CELL PHONE and WHISPER. They had me at no cell phone. I am somebody who has enormous difficulty relaxing. I became a vegetable five minutes after check in. This place isn't "luxy", but it's nurturant. The atmosphere immediately detoxes you even without the amazing treatments. It's ideal for spa lover and haters! My husband, who is anti-spa as humanely possible, lives to return. When he walked in from his Watsu with Kim, he said "Hon, I just had the most incredible experience of my life." Kim for Watsu, Beth for salt scrub. We didn't do lots of other treatments because we fell in love with those. I'll branch out next time.

My only fear is that new management will change the place and make it another overpriced, overdone spa. What makes this place so unique is its uniqueness! The only downside from my POV is that the restaurant needs work. Food is okay, not great. I admit to one other fear, that posting this will mean it'll be harder to get a room next time.

Room Tip: We now consider 13 "ours." We've had it twice and love it. It's a suite with a...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 9 July 2012

As a "regular" guest of Two Bunch Palms having visited a couple of dozen times or more in the past 12 years, I've had a lot of experience with Two Bunch. My husband and I just visited this past weekend for 3 nights; our first visit since TBP has been under its new ownership. Despite the resort being sold out, we still found it to be quiet despite the pools (hot and cold) and common areas having lots of people in them. The staff was friendly and professional as always; dinner (which we took to our spa suite) was perfectly cooked as always, and our facials and swedish massages absolutely delightful and relaxing. We look forward to continued room improvements and our next visit!

Room Tip: If you want a room within close proximity to the mineral pools and cold pool and spa, select a regul...
Reviewed 6 July 2012

Great place to stay if you need a relaxing quiet place to unwind. Staff was very attentive and friendly and room was very conviently located near all the amenities that the resort has to offer. We stayed 2 days and left very refreshed and invigorated . Would definitely stay again. The grounds are well maintained.

Room Tip: We stayed in 16a which had a small kitchenette with microwave refridge and sink
Reviewed 2 July 2012

I loved it. The grounds are beautiful. It's adult only, and very quiet. They have free yoga in the morning. The lake is so pretty with ducks, pretty fish, and tutles. The trees are beautiful, feels like walking through a magical forest. Lots of fruit trees. The hot pool is open 24/7. I rented a 1 bedroom villa by the lake. It was big, cozy, clean, teh bed was comfortable, had a fridge, 2 tvs, private backyard. I will definitly be coming back. The new owners do not yet have a liquor license, but you can bring your own alcohol. Vons is around the corner. Order the duck at the restaurant. It tasted so fresh, I wondered if they got one from their lake:)

Reviewed 27 June 2012

They have a no cell phone policy! This is a haven for recharging and relaxing. Wonderful restaurant with home made bread. The grounds are so peaceful with huge trees and spots where you can sit and contemplate life. Spa is wonderful, including individual mud baths. Rooms are very nice and spacious. The mineral baths are so healing and private. I am a regular here--keeps me sane.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 June 2012

Amazing grotto and lovely grounds. I loved every moment I was here and cannot wait to go back. Perfectly peaceful and romantic. Nourishing for the spirit!

Room Tip: The rooms near the grotto are quaint and sweet. If you are into a more contemporary feel the rooms n...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 June 2012

I stayed at TBP recently over the Memorial Day weekend and had a great time. I relaxed, and soaked, and worked on my whispering :-) We upgraded to a "spa-room" that was spacious and had a private jacuzzi: the bed was also super comfy.

The Resort definitely needs an influx of $$ and some basic overhauling. Everything is a bit old: lounge chairs missing straps, outdoor cushions with tears, umbrellas on some patios and not on others, tennis court nets in disrepair, jacuzzi tubs with stains, etc.... Nothing too off-putting but obvious and noticeable. The staff seemed a bit frazzled and the couple of times I was in the office (check-in, check-out) there seemed to be a guest complaining about something. Also, they couldn't seem to keep cups & water coolers full which seems so basic. We only ate in the restaurant once and we weren't very impressed with either the service or the food. Maybe it was a new server, but he couldn't seem to remember our table for water, bread, or the check! Oh well.

All of that being said, the mineral pool is wonderful and truly the main point of the resort for me. It was never very crowded and I loved being able to go from hot to warm and just float in total relaxation with one floaty under my shoulders and one under my legs. I love their policy of allowing guests to arrive early and enjoy the amenities as early as 10am, which is wonderful since check in isn't until 4 (our room was ready at 2:30 though!). We left at check-out which was 12, but I think you are allowed to stay and use the pools till 2.

Room Tip: Arrive early to have use of the pools or spa before actual check-in! Upgrade to a Spa room to have...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Cynthia D
Teresa H, Public Relations Manager at Two Bunch Palms, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2012

Dear Cynthia,

We are definitely planning the TLC you mentioned. The guest rooms, restaurant and spa will be upgraded, new pool furniture, additional staff and staff training are all items that we working on to insure a fantastic Two Bunch experience. We look forward to sharing more information soon!

Teresa