“Luscious Oasis!”

GreenLeadersGold level
Mission Viejo, California
“Luscious Oasis!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2013

Stayed here twice for our anniversary. Tranquil pools, lush grounds with historic stone bungalows, lake, fountains, desert flora & huge swaying trees makes this a dreamy getaway. The Al Capone room was charming & Suite #18 was more contemporary & comfortable. Super nice staff. Oh, and love the little desert bunnies that peek out of the bushes in the cool of the evening.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank RT66momma

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
Fountain Hills, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2013

We checked out of another place that we had already paid for and into Two Bunch and never looked back. The room was fabulous, the grounds beautiful, staff great, and the hot springs were just hot enough. It is now my
go-to get away retreat. As they say we were "two bunched" into relaxation.

Room Tip: Any room will be great but try to stay near the grotto pool, you won't be sorry.
Sarasota, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2013

My husband and I have been going to TBP periodically over the past 20 years. Our most recent visit was in April. We had read some of the less favorable current reviews on Trip Advisor and were curious to see if and how TBP had changed under the new owners. I'm happy to report that TBP is as great as ever. If anything, we thought that the grounds in particular looked better than in previous visits. Our room (1-bedroom suite) was in good condition as well--clean, spacious, decent little kitchenette, comfortable bed. There were some things that could use a little attention--e.g., the screen door on the slider out to the little patio in the back was off its tracks (we tried but couldn't get it back on), there was only one plate in the kitchen, the tile in the bathroom looked a but tired and worn. BUT, all these things are very minor and do not in any way detract from the charm and beauty of TBP. The hot springs-fed grotto was as fantastic as ever. It was never crowded--we often had it to ourselves--and the other visitors honored the "quiet" rule. The cool swimming pool was also pleasant, although there was construction work going on at the adjacent hut area--some unwelcome noise as a result, but it didn't last long.
As other reviewers have said, TBP is not your typical spa/resort--it is much better! Don't go expecting a pristine or fancy environment--the vibe at TBP is much more natural and kind of bohemian. If that's the kind of relaxing getaway that you're looking for, you definitely will love TBP.

San Diego
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2013

I began with a facial by Linda. She did some energy work and the experience was lovely.
My next treatment was a shiatsu immersion massage with David. It was intense (in a good way). He read me as though he was reading a book. The movement in the water was healing and emotional for me. I was thrilled when I went for my hot stone massage and there was David once again. The massage was exceptional! Before I left today, I was not surprised as David came to greet me....trifecta!! I had the mud treatment. My body felt great when it was done, however, it was not my favorite . THe waite staff at the restaurant were courteous and welcoming. The grounds are beautiful. And, the quiet...no cell phones....was a wonderful and welcome change! I will go back regularly.

Room Tip: I would recommend a room facing the center of the property by the grotto.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Stevenson Ranch, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2013

My wife arranged a weekend for the two of us at Two Bunch Palms as a surprise birthday gift for me. She wanted me to have two days where I could totally relax, and she even provided full chauffeur duties the whole trip. She had heard of Two Bunch Palms through a friend who recommended it highly. What a wonderful experience it was. No cell phones allowed and no speaking above a whisper (house rules!). We both loved it and plan on returning regularly. Thanks Hon! Mission accomplished.

lake geneva, wi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2013

Truly, Two Bunch is an unique place. It is beautiful, calming and spiritual...if you want it to be. I think that this place (and I really don't want to call it a resort, because it isn't quite that) is for people who want to go beyond the typical modern resort with cocktails by the pool and fancy dinners at night and just want to disconnect with the outside world and really reconnect with what is inside of themselves. This was my 3rd year in a row visiting TBP and I will be back every year to recharge and heal my soul after a long mid-west winter.

No, it isn't perfect. In fact, I had a few mishaps during my stay. First was an insanely upset customer who thankfully left the property. But, from what I could see, the staff handled her with the uptmost professionalism and did not make an issue out of things and kept her away from other guests--brava front dest staff!! I also had a few maintainance issues with my room which were resolved to the best of their ability at the time. I was offered a room upgrade which I declined because the room I was in is a special spot for me and I would rather have a few neglected items than disturb the peace that I find there.

The property is undergoing many facelifts and I will look forward to my next visit to see how far they have come. Nothing they were working on (some painting and light sawing by the swimming pool) was in any way disturbing--and believe me that is something that would usually bother me.

The restaurant was better than I have experienced in the last few years, but I still wish there was a larger and healthier selection of dinner entres (more seafood and veggi choices). The view is wonderful and everyone is very accomodating.

The grounds were still beautiful and I will let the trampled grass and cigarette butts go because of the Coachella parties a few days prior to my stay. I know this is a big event and the new owners were excited to share in the festivities, but somehow it just seems wrong for the kind of place TBP is....just my opinion...

Then there is the spa...Kyle was wonderful for the watsu and Tara gave me an amazing private yoga class. I still love the mud bath and enjoyed the Desert Vitality. When I come next year, I will request Kyle for a masage--I know you can get a really good masage anywhere, but this is the place to get a GREAT one!

Finally, there is nothing like soaking in the grotto. You can do it all day and it is amazing. And I say if someone is talking too loudly, feel free to gently point out the "No Talking Above A Whisper" sign, that is what it is there for--your peace is just as important as anyone elses.

I can't wait to go back next year. Kathy, thank you for making my stay wonderful in so many ways. TBP is a very special and healing place for me--see you next year!

Room Tip: I always stay by the grotto in either room 13 or 13-A. This location is perfect for popping in an...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Los Angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

I am back in LA after such a great weekend in Palm Springs!
I stayed at the Two Bunch Palms Resort and Spa. The front entrance is easy to miss because it is unobtrusive and inconspicuous, there are beautiful flowers at the front and it is gated which masks the expansive size of the property! I like the fact that is is unassuming-a great get away for celebrities and famous people who want to hide from the meddling papparazzi.
Two Bunch Palms is beautiful, property is massive and has the all the elements one would want in a getaway: the calm and serenity that the spa and healing waters of the geothermal Grotto brings, the historic value of the Al Capone room-yes, this is where he stayed back in the day!, the beauty of nature in the surroundings. The huge property has a restaurant-we had a delicious breakfast/lunch-ask for the burrito!, gift shop, a spa, several casitas and cabanas (historic, new and Mediterranean), the orchard, and a lake filled with the ducks, fish and turtles who rush to you when they see you coming! They are tame and you can feed them and take lots of wonderful Facebook pictures that show you like St Francis of Assisi or Alice in Wonderland with al these animals around you. I had the desert vitality spa treatment-which included was the use of hot stones with arnica oil for soothing, then a desert salt scrub for exfoliation. After rinsing, it was a magnesium masque wrap, then followed by complete mosturization with shea butter. It is heaven-the best spa treatment I have ever had!

The hotel is so conveniently located to Palm Springs and Palm Desert and the other desert communities and also and so many neighboring cities like Los Angeles, San Diego or Las Vegas! Being a spa hotel-it has a whisper/soft talk policy in the common grounds, so it is not for children or rowdy spring breakers. However, the property is so big that it is not much of an issue. We stayed at the House on the Hill which was awesome, there are 3 bedrooms and we enjoyed the private Jacuzzi while looking at the view of Palm Springs below! Since it is separated from the rest of the hotel by a private road, you can be as noisy as you want up there! The hotel will soon be undergoing a renovation to update the rooms, but I hope it does keep the historic Al Capone casita intact with its period details. The staff is wonderful.
Highly recommended, can't wait to come back again!

Room Tip: For historic, choose the Al Capone suite. For contemporary, ask for the villas. If you want complete...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends