We lived in LA for many years and went to Two Bunch for weekends on a regular basis. We always loved the place for its quiet environment, wonderful hot springs, and completely amazing massages and spa treatments. We now live on the east coast and recently returned for a four-day visit. For the most part, Two Bunch lived up to our memory of it. Everything we loved is still in place, but changes are afoot. The restaurant has been completely renovated and its menu has been updated. Our first meal was really a disaster: service and food were really unacceptable. But we spoke with the chef and every meal thereafter was more than good: really superb. The place is under new-ish management, and the staff told us big changes are coming: more rooms, updating of the old ones, a bigger and more modern spa, and so on. We can see the good business reasons for doing these things. Two Bunch Palms is a really old-fashioned sort of place. For us, that has been part of its charm. But people's expectations have changed for this sort of resort and the new owners clearly want to respond. That's fine with us, as long as what we love remains: the quiet is especially important to us (no one is supposed to speak above whisper and most people respect that) and the feeling that even when the place is full, the size of the property gives you the sense that you have all of that natural beauty and quietly efficient service to yourself. Keep all of that and the unparalleled massages, keep improving the food (maybe have room service?), update the rooms and we will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marking 75 years in 2015, Two Bunch Palms has much to celebrate. Last year's incredible renovation of the 270-acre property resulted in 70 'soulful' new room accommodations, a farm-to-table restaurant Essense, passive solar earth mound yoga dome and a new View Point conference center and meeting facility with views of the valley against the San Jacinto Mountains. This physical transformation, including the addition of a 3.5-Acre solar field, puts Two Bunch Palms on the destination spa map as the first "Sustainable Wellness Resort" in North America and the first carbon-neutral resort. A legacy that spans several generations of guests-from notorious gangsters to Hollywood elite to romantic spa seekers-the property and its newest incarnation brings a rich and storied history full circle. This adult-only sanctuary (guests must be 18 or older) invites you to explore the four pillars of the resort: waters, spa, movement and cuisine. Their renowned, natural lithium-infused spring grotto features two mineral water pools carefully kept at a consistent temperature to ensure therapeutic and mood-enhancing properties. Guests are encouraged to "take to the 600-year old waters" and connect body with spirit before enjoying the spa well-known for its intuitive healers and authentic treatments. The new Essense restaurant features healthier gourmet dining prepared by a Le-Cordon Bleu trained chef with the help of a PHD nutritionist. With a nourished body, guests may partake in more than 35 wellness activities, such as meditation, art classes, tai chi, qigong and yoga in the beautiful new dome. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK) and Agoda so you can book your Two Bunch Palms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Two Bunch Palms Hotel Desert Hot Springs
- 2 Bunch Palms Resort & Spa
- Two Bunch Palms Resort And Spa