“Tranquility”

GreenLeadersGold level
Seattle, Washington, USA
“Tranquility”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

Recently renovated, beautiful oasis in the desert. Peaceful and serene, excellent staff and newly remodeled restaurant provided a delicious lunch. An exceptional massage was followed by a leisurely dip in their mineral pool. Spent just the day but would definitely return. Hang up and enjoy.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Rianna R, Corporate Director of Brand & Communication at Two Bunch Palms, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Digital detox in a lush oasis in the middle of the desert is exactly what we offer. Looking forward to your return visit!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
Marina del Rey, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

We spent three days and two nights at Two Bunch to recharge. As always the waters were great and the massages heavenly. We enjoyed the remodeled rooms with our own personal expresso machine - what a treat.

We went to Essence, the on-site restaurant Saturday night. I was totally relaxed and blissed out when we were seated. As I was looking at the menu I felt the weirdest feeling of something running across my left foot. As I looked down you can imagine my horror as I saw a huge cockroach (@ 1/12") long running across my foot (in flip flops) and on across the room. The worst part is we were sitting near the entrance to the kitchen and thats the direction the roach came from!!

Needless to say the bliss ended and I was on edge the rest of the meal. When I mentioned it to my waiter, he seemed undisturbed and mumbled something about another water bug. A couple of the kitchen staff must have seen it as they came out to look for it.

We went ahead and had dinner because we didn't want to make a fuss.
It was really disturbing and we chose not to dine there again at night.

Overall we really enjoyed our stay, but given the prices, I expected a much better dining experience.

Room Tip: Steer clear of the dining room. Everything else was lovely.
1 Thank tsweeps
Rianna R, Corporate Director of Brand & Communication at Two Bunch Palms, responded to this review, 1 June 2014
We are sorry that you had to experience that. Our restaurant prides itself in maintaining the highest sanitation and food standards. Since this 'sighting' we have taken all available measures to prevent a repeat of this experience.
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

My friend and I visited Two Bunch Palms last week (mid-March) on a day pass. The cost for two treatments and a $25.00 meal voucher was $160.00. I'm from Hollywood so this resort has a storied reputation as it was once the go-to place for celebs and the elite - there is a scene from the film, The Player, shot in the mineral springs grotto.

Back in the early 90's the resort was more isolated, now suburbia has encroached around it, but it still has an oasis feel. I am a veteran of spas around the world, and although I wouldn't put this in my top 10, most of the reason is because it's a bit dated and looks like some of the areas are about to undergo a refresh and/or a renovation. The grotto, with its famous spring of warm mineral water, was deserted for our mid-week visit, which was nice. Not sure I would have wanted to share it, as we saw later, with spooning couples - it's just not big enough for crowds. We opted for the mud bath, which is actually Canadian moss mixed with clay and their mineral springs water. Unlike a mud-wrap you are immersed in a recessed personal pool of this mixture, which is dense enough to support a pillow so you have to wiggle yourself in - if you are the least bit self-conscious without clothing, I wouldn't op for the side-by-side double pools as you have to crab-walk your way in and neither flattering or for the faint of heart. Also showering later to get the mud out of everything is something I would have preferred to do myself. The arnica wrap later was lovely.

TIP: Come to Two Bunch Palms for the rustic feel, not for the pristine, modern look afforded by many other spas. We had a restful afternoon by the duck, fish and turtle pond, and used our meal vouchers for lunch. Food was fine.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Rianna R, Corporate Director of Brand & Communication at Two Bunch Palms, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Once you've tried our mud treatment, you have definitely experienced our spa's rite of passage! Next time, you must try the Watsu!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

I found Two Bunch Palms by accident, wanting a few days of R&R in a warm place (during a bad winter in the Northeast.) I was pleasantly surprised and would highly recommend this spa resort. From the moment I arrived, I felt warmly welcomed and the staff at the front desk, restaurant, spa and yoga dome were uniformly wonderful. The food was excellent at every meal. There is a wide array of treatments available -- some I had never heard of before and loved -- and they use some huts for certain treatments where they can open the doors and you can see the beautiful mountain scenery. I watched a hummingbird fly in and out during a mud-bath. The hot spring pool was great also. The spa staff and technicians were well-trained and extremely knowledgeable. And the property is both peaceful and beautiful, with some good, easy hiking trails for those who wish, and some peaceful spots for quiet reading or meditation under the trees. I will definitely return and bring some of my "spa friends.".

Room Tip: I stayed in a casita that was quite nice but the villa next door (for a larger group) looked very in...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
By the time you return, all our rooms will be refreshed and the resort will be generating its electrical energy through a 3 acre solar field. We are also continuing to enhance our spa, food and class offerings. We are so happy that you were able to experience the magic of Two Bunch Palms.
Palm Desert
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

My fiancé and I went there a few years ago on a day spa pass. Morning stated with yoga outdoors. Then relaxing by the pool. Followed by a wonderful massage. Then lunch and more relaxing by the pool.

Love this place. No kids allowed. Whispering voice around the pool. No loud music. Perfect place to relax and commune with nature. Can't wait to return!!

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mark E
So when are we seeing you again?
Chatsworth, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014

My wife and I have been coming to Two Bunch for over 20 years and we've seen it go through different owners but I'm happy to report that our last visit, during the first week of March, was wonderful. The grounds are beautiful and the spa is a true healing experience. Recent improvements in the decor of the spa were done with great care to update without changing the the unique vibe of TB. The biggest improvement is the restaurant. The new chef is amazing!! I read a few complaints about the prices which were completely misguided. The prices are not only reasonable, but in many cases, very reasonable. The dishes are creative, plentiful and made with the freshest ingredients. The staff was wonderful! There is also a bar! Their signature cocktails are very tasty! We prefer the Casa Blanca suites which offer a private patio jacuzzi. I would have given 5 stars if the decor of the rooms were updated but I am told that is coming. These suites offer a small kitchenette that is terribly equipped - they need more glasses, silverware, etc. would be nice and it would have been nice to have been told that there was no paper towels or dish washing liquid provided. We would have brought our own because once you arrive at Two Bunch, you simply don't want to leave!

Room Tip: Spend as much time as possible soaking in the Grotto. This is a real mineral hot springs and the wat...
1 Thank travlinman525_8
Thank you! Guests like yourself encourage us to continue improving in an effort to exceed expectations. Our healing waters, our therapeutic treatments and excellent therapists, our movement classes and our healthy dining options are the pillars of who we are. The refurbishments of all the rooms begins this week and finishes in late summer. We hope you'll come back to experience them!
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

I loved staying here for a weekend escape. My husband and I spent the entire time sleeping, soaking and walking. The food in the restaurant was pretty good (great I'm sure, but we're really spoiled by amazing restaurants so close to our house and spectacularly good cooks in our circle of friends).

We started out way in the back of the property in one of the newer rooms and I was disappointed because it was so far away and the room felt a little sterile to me. Once we moved up to the "old" building in the front which they tried to steer us away from, I was much happier. It was quaint and the bed was really comfortable. Don't go expecting a 5 star resort. Go expecting some history - spend some blissful hours sleeping, wander the grounds, get a message and you'll have a blast. Hopefully, the new owners won't ruin the great history and character by glossing it up too terribly much.

Room Tip: I liked the old rooms up front best!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kendy_and_Kariah
The beauty of Two Bunch Palms is its unique character and history and we intend to honor that in all that we do. The newer rooms are designed to be more uncluttered to allow people to relax and let go and clear their minds. We will be retaining the vintage rooms around the grotto for those who still want that ambiance. We hope to see you back soon!