“Tranquillity”
Review of Two Bunch Palms

Two Bunch Palms
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 26 July 2014

This spa is a surprise on all levels. It is not the easiest place to find but well worth the effort. It is beautiful and tranquil, it is old and new, and it is indulgent and healthy. Even if you just come for lunch, you will leave refreshed.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Rianna R, Corporate Director of Brand & Communication at Two Bunch Palms, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2014

Linda, we are so happy that you were able to experience and appreciate our spa and Essense. We hope you find the opportunity to truly immerse yourself in what we have to offer including our daily programs, in the near future.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

I visited Two Bunch Palms in July of 2013 and 2014, each time for my birthday. I lucked out during the first visit, although I did book through them, which I think led to getting a better (although not a new) room. This year, I booked through expedia, and although I paid less for two days than I had for one the time before, you book through a broker sight-unseen, which I didn't realize would matter so much. I had no idea what room I was booking this year; I just took a great internet deal when I found it, because Two Bunch can get really expensive, even in the extremely hot off-season.

I got there two hours early, and my room wasn't ready, even though it had been the year before (again, I got really luck in 2013). I know rooms are seldom ready early, but when it finally WAS, I was horrified - this thing could NEVER be ready enough. I got, literally, the first villa on the property, which was as big as a European closet. The bathroom was so tiny, when you opened the door, it hit the toilet. The shower (no tub!) was a corner one that a full-grown human would barely fit into. The sink was crammed next to it. Just unbelievable. Not up to the standard of the services Two Bunch offers on-site. The bed, though big and fluffy, dwarfed the rest of the (very old and junky) furniture. There had been a poor attempt to update the room at some point. Perhaps fifteen years ago. I was going to take photos, but I was too upset.

My husband mentioned my claustrophobia kicking in (the pain is real, people) during a visit to the front desk. Thankfully (and we got very lucky in this case), they offered another room - still an old villa, still unrenovated, but bigger, cleaner, and with a couple more amenities like a larger TV, normal bathroom, and a human-sized closet. There still ended up being a roach or two (which I *do* have pictures of), but it was a night and day comparison to the previous room.

The room issue alone would make my review one-star. Switching rooms, along with the acceptable quality of the second room, made a three-star review. The amenities (mineral pool essentially open 24-7, pleasant grounds and nature, and generally helpful staff) upped the review to four stars. If you go there, do pay for a treatment. I had a Bask 'n' Bake with my husband, and the staffer was very nice and attentive, the mud was super-hot, but relaxing, and the lounging and showering afterwards was fun.

I am looking forward to a full renovation and rebuilding of the hotel rooms. It is much-needed. I also have never tried any of the food at Two Bunch because I have heard from many people that it is not good and not worth it. I went to Clarks Nutrition on the way and got some food to keep in the tiny fridge they give you.

Room Tip: If you are made of money, book through Two Bunch. Choose a new room. If booking through an externa...
3  Thank J-V G

We totally understand how you feel which is why all of the rooms except for the vintage rooms (which were requested to be maintained as is by the 'old-timers') have been refurbished. We hope you will return and experience them soon at a future date. Have a wonderful 2015!

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Thank you to the town bunch palms entire staff for making my moms 60th birthday into an amazing experience. This hotel far exceeded my expectations on every aspect that makes a trip perfect. I sent my parents there for two nights as a gift for my mother's 60 the birthday. My initial conversation with Christina ,the manager, who asked for an email with all of my request to the phone call after they had returned to see how things had gone, really blew me away! They had taken care of every detail form a welcome toast to a slice of special cake at their dinner. My mom couldn't stop raving about the healthy food and beautiful scenery and of course the spa. They had an amazing time an came back relaxed and very happy! I highly recommend this place to anybody looking for a get away!! Thank you Christina and staff!!

Room Tip: the rooms by the grotto are popular
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for choosing us to treat your mother on a such a special occasion. We hope you return the next time with your parents and experience our newly renovated rooms. Wishing you a blessed 2015!

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Where do I begin, this place was amazing, i'm still on cloud 9 from it. First and foremost, my first spa hotel ever and wont be my last. my husband and i booked this place for my 40th birthday. from so much hustle and bustle during the week, all we wanted was to soke and eat and relax, it's as if this place was made just for us. that was exactly what we did. the Mineral hot springs were amazing. they have a grotto, with a connecting spa of 104 degrees any time of the day. the place is seriously one of a kind. 56 acers of park, ponds, orchard, dessert gardens, just amazing. plus a gorgeous pool with a huge grassy yard. every corner you have gorgeous glass pitchers with cucumber icy water to keep hydrated and endless towels in the grotto and pool area. They thought of everything literally. the room was clean and modern with a vintage twist. the restroom might need a little updating but hey it did not rob us of a good time in any way. the place is super quiet and serene. we will be going back year after year, this is the kind of place that helps you cope with everyday living. this is the kind of place you look forward to all year in order to keep your sanity in our busy lives.

now let me talk about the restaurant as if the hotel and ammenities were not enough, the Essense restaurant was the cherry on top. on my birthday day, that morning we walked into the restaurant for breakfast and was seated window view of the campus and dessert mountains. during an amazing breakfast, i'm not kidding amazing breakfast, Chef Charly came to our table and asked us how we were doing and if we enjoyed our meal. plus wished me a happy birthday. i only mentioned it to the gal at the front desk to confirm my dinner reservations, well it's as if she mentioned it to the whole staff. it was very personable. but Chef Charly was something else, this man seemed to have walked down from heaven with his presence of comfidence and love for people and food. the resort is lucky to have him, he's only been there for about 2 weeks and was already loved by all. The food was to die for, literally how can you make french toast any different, well i challenge you try their hawaiian twist on french toast, OH MY GOD... delish! so after a joyful and personal experience for breakfast we returned for dinner. our reservation was for 6:30, we were able to experience the night view of the campus plus the romantic setting within the restaurant. amazing... i felt like i was in a movie and i was the lead actress. simple table setting with suculant plant on each table and a tree trunk that runs in the middle of the restaurant and actually through a table that seats 6 or 8, with light bulbs hanging from the tree, just gorgeous. our dinner, straight out of Food & Wine magazine, rack of lamb and shrimp prawns with shataki mushrooms and some heavenly sauce. just amazing. i can write forever about this place because our experience was amazing. and again Chef Charly, the best chef and person i've ever met. he kept coming to out table to make sure my birthday was special and that i enjoyed my meals. Thank you chef Charly and to all the staff at the Two Bunch Palms, this is really a goldmine. i will be there again later in the year or for my birthday again next year.

Room Tip: rooms along the road entrance are super quiet, plus you get your own private patio for the price it...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

We are so delighted that you chose to spend such a special occasion with us. More than that, we're pleased to know that we exceeded your expectations. we hope you return soon to experience our updated rooms. Have a wonderful 2015!

Reviewed 8 July 2014

We have been visiting Two Bunch several times a year for nearly 2 decades and were concerned that the new owner would change the things that make Two Bunch different from "every other resort": those things are quiet; space; excellent spa staff and calm!

We spent last week in TBP's Casablanca which has not been renovated, but is spacious and was (as always) comfortable.The estheticians at Two Bunch are wonderful and completely professional; the staff is still reminding "talkers" to be quiet and the koi pond is still beautiful. It is a special place and none of that has been compromised. As for the changes, the restaurant renovation is tasteful and beautiful; the bar looks great and the new Chef (Charly) will make TBP's restaurant "Essence" one of the best in the Palm Springs area. He is truly talented.

If you are looking for a "scene" or a formal resort atmosphere, Two Bunch is not for you. It's a quiet place and is unlike any other resort we have visited. We hope the new owner will continue the renovations with the special nature of Two Bunch in mind. It's a great place to slow down and we look forward to our next visit.

1  Thank sallysfamily1
Rianna R, Corporate Director of Brand & Communication at Two Bunch Palms, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

We are delighted to have Chef Charly on board and we are so excited to feature his new menu. As for the renovations, we are definitely keeping all those points in mind and executing every change with the intention of honoring our waters and tradition. We thank you for being such loyal guests all these years and hope to continue being your home away from home.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

the 1993 movie, The Player features this getaway. The location is exclusive, the front-gate security is amazing. Most of the clientele comes here to be alone, and relax totally. Its for couples or singles, there is a rule, whispers only, to promote relaxation. The waters are wonderful, and there are many spa treatments, as well as Yoga classes. We loved our 2 days, the restaurant was great, we felt the value was good, even tho we are not part of the Hollywood crowd, we felt exclusive, valued and now relaxed,we will be back next year, in room 17. We saw the wild Road Runner bird, and the water turtles. This is an old resort, portions are being remodeled each season, its NOT the shiny Hilton....thank goodness, it has history, character and class. Its a one of a kind place

2  Thank Chris S

In experiencing our property, we hope that every guest walks away feeling better than when they came in. Every guest is a VIP to us. Please come back sooner than next year!

Reviewed 29 June 2014

This was my first experience in a mud bath, so I am without words really. Thank you to the entire team that made me and my friend Amiee feel welcome and uber special. Spa Director Beverly, thank you for your communication and taking care of setting up this special day of treats! Your team is fabulous.

When we first arrived we were a little lost, but Nina found us wandering around by the enchanting elephant fountain and began painting our faces with green pasty goo so that we blended in with thee other green face guests wandering around the property. I think we upset the front desk lady because we couldn't locate the spa. She was not pleased with us, but only wasted a few moments of her time. I think we were just so excited to get to our treatment that we did not listen to directions. But had we listened, we never would have met up with Miss Nina!

We then made our way to the actual Spa and checked in, changed into our robes to roam around until our mud bath. We found turtles and ducks and sipped ice water while enjoying the view before heading over to our mud bath experience.

We were introduced to our therapists; Amiee was pared with Michael (who is lovely and kind & has been with Two Bunch for 14 years!), and I was partnered with Miss Ginger (really knows her stuff). Amiee and I were escorted to our mud bath cabana overlooking the serene landscape where we undressed and wiggled our way deep into the mud (giggling thee entire time). I'm not sure why I felt like testing Michael, but I did. I asked him to make it rain (thinking there has to be something he cannot do to make it an even better experience, but I was wrong) and he did just that. Michael made it rain. Before we knew it Amiee & I were laying deep in the heated mud bath, overlooking the desert scape, (and clear skies) with mineral water rain pouring down all around us. It was amazing...and Michael was such a great sport!

We then showered off and climbed onto the tables in a separate cabana for our arnica wrap and massage...Oh my goodness...sooooo amazing! When it was complete it was so hard not to yell out "Again, again! Ginger found those knots in my neck. I could feel that she was paying attention to me which was a nice feeling.

Thank you all so much for the lovely experience, and we will definitely return!!!

Also a shout out to Miss Mariela who served us very well in the restaurant. I highly recommend the Cajun salmon caesar. Delish!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Your experience is what we always hope to achieve and we are so happy to hear that. The green clay is a Two Bunch Palms tradition and our spa is recognized for its special brand of healers - Matthew (aka Michael :-)) is our lead therapist and he sets the bar. Nina is our lead aesthetician and has been with Two Bunch for more than 20 years. We hope you will return soon. We love spoiling our repeat guests!