“Good for a 2 star but pools were nothing special”

Desert Hot Springs Spa Hotel
Ranked #19 of 22 Hotels in Desert Hot Springs
san diego
“Good for a 2 star but pools were nothing special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed in a queen poolside room. Surprisingly large rooms but very basic and out dated. Can't expect anything better for a 2 star hotel. I was expecting the rooms to be much worse based off the reviews, and the pools to be much better. Was disappointed in the pools (all quite cold). All in all, if you're looking for a bargain hotel to stay at for exploring the desert, this is a decent option.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Reggie B, Public Relations Manager at Desert Hot Springs Spa Hotel, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Hi Frank,
Thanks for leaving your post. I'm glad everything was adequate for your stay, but wish you came away with a better soak in the water! We do pump water out of the ground at 140 degrees 24/7, and there is only one pool we keep cool. We hope you stop in again sometime.

Reggie Bickford

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
San Jacinto, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

My wife and I come all the time. But every time we book a room something happens. Either I am charged for an extra night or I can never get in my room by 3pm. I am always told that I would receive a credit in the mail and I never get a thing. When we come back I ask again and no one knows what I am talking about. I am stilled OWED $99.99 credit!!!

The rooms are run down, pool deck is cracked, pools are in need of repair, and the whole building needs money put in to it. Why isn't this place updated? Why aren't the owners putting money back in the DHS?

If your looking to drink low key then this is the place. But for families and couples go some where else. You kids will get hurt on the pool deck. Also the life guards are they even certified? I would not trust them to save anyone. I hope to hear back from someone from the DHS regarding these issues.

John

Room Tip: There are no good rooms. Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Ruckus_C
Reggie B, Public Relations Manager at Desert Hot Springs Spa Hotel, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
Hi John,
I'm glad I got the chance to hear from you. My family owns and operates the property, and we are closely involved in all aspects of the operation. We work around the clock maintaining the pools, after all, its the core of our business. In fact, we pump fresh hot mineral water into all 8 pools, at 200 gallons a minute, 24 hours a day 365 days a year.

I can say in confidence that we have the finest and most plentiful hot mineral water source in Southern California. With that said, we want to make sure the entire property is kept to equally high standards, and that is our mission.

Please email me regarding the billing issue, I would like to resolve this with you immediately. Email me at reggieb@miraclesprings.com

Thank you for your feedback, John.

Travellers are raving about these Desert Hot Springs hotels

Santa Clarita
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

not a good place for families. The cheap day use pass attracts sketchy undesirables which create many problems. Two fights broke out while we were there one of which involved a transvestite pepper spraying a male in one of the spots tubs causing the police and fire department to respond.I will never stay there again unless I become homeless and want to use the facilities for bathing

• Stayed February 2014
Reggie B, Guest Relations Manager at Desert Hot Springs Spa Hotel, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
I'm sorry you had the unplanned for "excitement".. The Spa Hotel is an awesome place to hang out and is a lot of fun, but people's behavior doesn't always fall in line, as is the case at any facility anywhere. The Coachella Valley is home to many in the LGBT community and we certainly don't hold that against anyone. With that said, we have begun phasing in higher day pass rates to minimize traffic from the outside.

Thanks for your feedback.

San Diego, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

We were in Palm Springs for the day and had a few hours to kill before an evening party. For $7 each we got a day pass to the DHS Spa, and for another $1 a towel, and for another $1 a lock for a locker. We dipped into the pools at various temperatures, chatted with other guests, and generally kicked back and relaxed until it was time to use the showers and change back into street clothes. A great value!

The hotel is 20 to 30 minutes from Palm Springs, and right on the main drag -- easy to find. The facilities are a bit shopworn, but still within our comfort zone.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reggie B, Guest Relations Manager at Desert Hot Springs Spa Hotel, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Hi Bob,
I'm so glad you stopped by in your spare time!! We have a great place to drop in for the day. Great rates and amazing courtyard oasis with 8 different hot mineral pools and spas.

We hope you find your way over here again!

Long Beach, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

checked in here from desperation as everything else was booked and I was too tired to drive the two hours back to San Diego. huge mistake. the worst mattresses ever next to motel 6 (maybe worse), can't sleep at all. rooms are large but shabby, walls are paper thin, can hear my neighbors above and to the side also not sleeping well. haven't tried the pools - may be a decent place for the springs during the day but I would not stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014
Reggie B, Guest Relations Manager at Desert Hot Springs Spa Hotel, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
I'm sorry you didn't get to enjoy our hot mineral water pools! Certainly would have been a super relaxing touch after a long drive.

We appreciate the feedback. Some of the mattresses need updating more than others, though we are replacing them all. I have actually been speaking with our mattress vendor this morning. We were making this order anyway, but reviews keep you honest and provide a sense of urgency to please our valued guests.

Pasadena, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

I have stayed here many times, and each time was terrific. This time I took my little pet dog and the room was comfortable. As always the room and the food were wonderful, plus the staff were all awesome. I always enjoy my stay here.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Reggie B, Public Relations Manager at Desert Hot Springs Spa Hotel, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
We are so glad you enjoy your stays with us! We hope you and your dog come back and see us soon!

Desert hot speings
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014

No customer service and no service at all if front desk guy don't fell like working, no wonder it's slow at night, this guy is lazy and doesn't want to work or sell rooms, that's to bad, could've sold out for family reunion but he obviously doesn't care

• Stayed February 2014
Nick S, Guest Relations Manager at Desert Hot Springs Spa Hotel, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Hello, we are aware of an attempt to enter the premise well past midnight and we reserve the right to refuse service in such instances.

Nick S