“Disappointing, unsafe, insecure”

Ranked #18 of 22 Hotels in Desert Hot Springs
Merced, California
“Disappointing, unsafe, insecure”
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Room was not ready at 3pm, when available it had rusty drains, leaking faucets, no smoke detector, sliding door had evidence of several breaking, the outside security gate was broken and would not lock. Carpet was pulling up and had large bumps in it. Other than that Mrs Lincoln how was the play? Courteous, friendly staff, but 24 hour pool echoed noise back up to room until much later than expected.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bill r
Reggie B, Public Relations Manager at Desert Hot Springs Spa Hotel, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
I'm disappointed to hear that your stay wasn't up to your standards, or ours either. I'm curious what room you were in? Our daily room inspections help us keep all guest rooms clean and functional to the very last detail.. but I would like to ensure that we didn't miss something. My family runs the property and we are very involved in the day to day operations of the business and strive to constantly improve the operation and the physical product we present. You can reach me at reggiebickford@gmail.com.

Reggie B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Desert Hot Springs is our little secret, okay. It delivers mineral-infused waters to the needy urban soul, makes it feel healthy again, and invigorates the body and the mind with bliss. Heat is the Great Equalizer, talking us down from that road rage and redirecting that temper tantrum schmutz toward laughter and love. I would stand in line for this (luckily you don't have to). There must always be room in life for this. Who would have thought that so much schvitzing could be so good for you.

And don't forget the people, the weird and wonderful and fascinating people who share one thing, a love for that magic cure which is . . . . the healing waters. Keep it a secret, please.

Room Tip: Stick to the ground floor.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for sharing the "secret" about our Spa Hotel retreat. You're spot on about the amazing mineral infused hot mineral water that freely flows from the grounds of our hotel!! And we celebrate the diversity of the guests we draw from far and wide to soak in our world famous waters.

Hope to have you back soon,
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Desert Hot Springs is 20 minutes of driving from Palm Springs, it is more quiet place. There are pools with hot and cold mineral water and sauna, very nice. It is good for your joints and arthritis.
The rooms are big and comfortable, the staff is friendly. They have a good r4estaurant with affordable prices. There are mostly older couples visiting the hotel.

Room Tip: They are all alike.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Reggie B, Public Relations Manager at Desert Hot Springs Spa Hotel, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed a relaxing stay with us! Having quality hot mineral water is a constant for us, and good food and customer service in the restaurant is just as reliable. Hope you come back to see us soon.

Feel free to contact me anytime for your future trips! Reggeb@miraclesprings.com

Poland, Maine
Reviewed 28 February 2014

What great hot springs pools. Week days that we were there were not crowded although locals can get day passes to the pools. Our room was definitely dated but clean. Rooms were huge and our king size bed was really comfortable. All staff friendly and the little restaurant very adequate and great selection and prices. We had the grilled chicken salad and the soup special which really hit the spot and right on the pool deck! We paid $91 and change for one night.including tax. We soaked twice and really rested up. Our skin felt really soft and the pools were kept hot and varied. Nice down to earth place.

Room Tip: We had a cheaper room on the second floor back side, but very easy access to the pools. Poolside wou...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reggie B, Public Relations Manager at Desert Hot Springs Spa Hotel, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
I'm so glad you had a great stay! And touched on everything, from large clean rooms, amazing hot mineral water, speedy affordable cafe and solid customer service. We hope to see you back again.

san diego
Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed in a queen poolside room. Surprisingly large rooms but very basic and out dated. Can't expect anything better for a 2 star hotel. I was expecting the rooms to be much worse based off the reviews, and the pools to be much better. Was disappointed in the pools (all quite cold). All in all, if you're looking for a bargain hotel to stay at for exploring the desert, this is a decent option.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Hi Frank,
Thanks for leaving your post. I'm glad everything was adequate for your stay, but wish you came away with a better soak in the water! We do pump water out of the ground at 140 degrees 24/7, and there is only one pool we keep cool. We hope you stop in again sometime.

San Jacinto, California
Reviewed 27 February 2014

My wife and I come all the time. But every time we book a room something happens. Either I am charged for an extra night or I can never get in my room by 3pm. I am always told that I would receive a credit in the mail and I never get a thing. When we come back I ask again and no one knows what I am talking about. I am stilled OWED $99.99 credit!!!

The rooms are run down, pool deck is cracked, pools are in need of repair, and the whole building needs money put in to it. Why isn't this place updated? Why aren't the owners putting money back in the DHS?

If your looking to drink low key then this is the place. But for families and couples go some where else. You kids will get hurt on the pool deck. Also the life guards are they even certified? I would not trust them to save anyone. I hope to hear back from someone from the DHS regarding these issues.

John

Room Tip: There are no good rooms. Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Ruckus_C
Reggie B, Public Relations Manager at Desert Hot Springs Spa Hotel, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
Hi John,
I'm glad I got the chance to hear from you. My family owns and operates the property, and we are closely involved in all aspects of the operation. We work around the clock maintaining the pools, after all, its the core of our business. In fact, we pump fresh hot mineral water into all 8 pools, at 200 gallons a minute, 24 hours a day 365 days a year.

I can say in confidence that we have the finest and most plentiful hot mineral water source in Southern California. With that said, we want to make sure the entire property is kept to equally high standards, and that is our mission.

Please email me regarding the billing issue, I would like to resolve this with you immediately. Email me at reggieb@miraclesprings.com

Thank you for your feedback, John.

Travellers are raving about these Desert Hot Springs hotels

Santa Clarita
Reviewed 25 February 2014

not a good place for families. The cheap day use pass attracts sketchy undesirables which create many problems. Two fights broke out while we were there one of which involved a transvestite pepper spraying a male in one of the spots tubs causing the police and fire department to respond.I will never stay there again unless I become homeless and want to use the facilities for bathing

• Stayed February 2014
Reggie B, Guest Relations Manager at Desert Hot Springs Spa Hotel, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
I'm sorry you had the unplanned for "excitement".. The Spa Hotel is an awesome place to hang out and is a lot of fun, but people's behavior doesn't always fall in line, as is the case at any facility anywhere. The Coachella Valley is home to many in the LGBT community and we certainly don't hold that against anyone. With that said, we have begun phasing in higher day pass rates to minimize traffic from the outside.

Thanks for your feedback.