“not bad for healthy springs and passive rest”

Desert Hot Springs Spa Hotel
Ranked #16 of 22 Hotels in Desert Hot Springs
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I prefer to rest in a city, where there is a lot to see, to walk, to get tired, and only after that to come to the hotel and enjoy the pools and natural springs... there was not much to do around this hotel, but I heard it's hot springs are very healthy & was happy to spend 2 days there. we enjoyed the sun, sunbathe, pools... I had a problem with booking though. i called them 3-4 times to make a reservation, and all the time I was put on hold and then disconnected. the fifth time i had to be really rough, and they finally made my reservation, but it appeared that they did something wrong. when we arrived they put us (4 people)in 1 king size bed room, instead of 2 queen size. then they gave us two roll-overs for that night and 20$ credit to spend in the restaurant, and changed our room next morning. well, everybody makes mistakes but our first night was very uncomfortable and i was disappointed. anyway, it wasn't a bad place.

Room Tip: room 103 was good :) it had microwave, fridge, good TV, a door to the pools, pool view...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reggie B, Assistant to Reggie Bickford, GM at Desert Hot Springs Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Thanks for the review. There are a lot of sports, arts, and cultural activities nearby, however they are only accessible via automobile or public transportation. :) We're glad that you enjoyed the mineral pools and natural hot springs! It is true, our waters are extremely therapeutic.

We apologize for the booking issues and have forwarded your comments to the Front Desk Manager for review. We hope you'll come back and see us next time you're in the USA! Have a safe trip back to Armenia.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I knew that the Desert Hot Springs Spa was dated, and I am fine with that. What I was not prepared for was the bed; easily the worst "mattress" I have ever attempted to sleep on in an Hotel (Room 208). And by mattress, I mean what felt like a comforter tossed over box springs. Awful. I slept for maybe three hours, and woke up with half my body numb. I've slept more comfortably on floors.

That aside, I would recommend the place. The waters were great, despite the day spa people, with the kids who treated the pools like a public swimming pool. Fortunately, they avoided the warmer water, and we were able to soak later, and in the morning, when the day spa-ers were absent. Staff was courteous and helpful, the room was otherwise comfortable if a little shabby.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank WhiskeyPriest_2012
Reggie B, Assistant to Reggie Bickford, GM at Desert Hot Springs Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Thanks for your review and visit. We're glad that you enjoyed our healing waters! We apologize that your room didn't meet your expectations. We have taken note of your comment to improve the quality and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

I booked online and had so many issues. Frist they said I didn't book what I did. Then they put us in a room where I have to walk a flight of stairs and I am disabled. The room was so dirty I took pictures. I had an infant with me and we couldn't let her on the floor in room one because of how dirty it was. We finally get to a new room and then they try to charge my CC for 50.00 without my permission. I would never recommend this resort to anyone. I was suppose to be a family friendly place and well it was but also wasn't at the same time. The other things I didn't care for was I paid a lot to go to a resort and they open there resort up to the public for day use. So if you don't mind that then ok but I didn't like it. The café was really good great prices and good food large portions.

Room Tip: pool side rooms are better than the mountain views. This resort doesn't have a actually first fl...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Vickie T
Reggie B, Assistant to Reggie Bickford, GM at Desert Hot Springs Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Thanks for your feedback. Did you book online through a third-party or direct on our website? Our hotel is wheelchair accessible. Did you request special accommodations when you made the reservation? Your comments have been passed along to the appropriate departments so we can determine what went wrong, including why a 1st floor room was not initially reserved for you. Thanks in advance for your patience while we investigate the issues you've described. We're glad to hear you enjoyed our café! It's been a local favorite for over 30 years. We would like to welcome you back again. We'll contact you soon via private message. Thank you.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

We were there for several days a girls get away. We often go there at least several times a year, it's a fun place to go, we go there a least several times a year. We always enjoy the several pools they have to offer. But, this time going the place needs a renovation. It's way over due, some pools were dirty too eek! Then we had a small dog next door barking at night several times ahhh! No pets please! At the end of the day we did have so much fun there! We will be back though!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reggie B, Assistant to Reggie Bickford, GM at Desert Hot Springs Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Thanks for your review. We experienced a desert windstorm today. High and gusty winds reached up to 25 mph! On days like this, there's a chance that for a brief time there will be dust on deck and in the pools. Our maintenance crew generally arrives on the scene shortly after the winds kick up. We're glad that overall you enjoyed the mineral waters, had a lot of fun, and will return soon. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 26 June 2014

We were very pleased and happy with our stay , service was great and staff was very friendly ,specially Laura and Claudio . We will return and we are happy to recommended our friends .The mountain view is breath taking

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for the complimentary review! You're right, the San Jacinto Mountains are definitely nature's finest. We look forward to welcoming you (and your friends) soon.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

We were there so many times. Good hotel for this price. This hotel needs some renovation, TV is like as 50 years old. The rooms and swimming pools need fresh painting. The service is good. You can ask even for the microwave.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reggie B, Assistant to Reggie Bickford, GM at Desert Hot Springs Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Thanks for the review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

Wonderful relaxing birthday getaway. We had some issues with our room that could have really interfered with our time there but customer service was absolutely great and they took care of us. We will certainly be back. Thank you!
Steve and Lisa Garcia

• Stayed: May 2014
Reggie B, Public Relations Manager at Desert Hot Springs Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Thanks for your review. We're glad to hear you had a wonderful birthday! We appreciate your business. Looking forward to seeing you back with us soon. -Assistant to General Manager, Reggie Bickford