“you MUST request a room with new beds”

Desert Hot Springs Spa Hotel
Ranked #18 of 22 Hotels in Desert Hot Springs
Reviewed 7 March 2011

I must start by saying that every staff member I met was extremely nice and accommodating. Nice people. However, the beds are hideous. I am not a princess; I don't complain easily. I mean, the beds are hideous. I cut myself - twice - actually drew blood twice - by sitting up in the bed and having a severed metal bed spring poke through a large hole in the mattress and cut my skin. Also, my two year old son woke up in the morning and said, "My back hurts," which of course made us die laughing. (I didn't know a two-year-old's back COULD hurt.) The very nice manager discounted our room, etc. for our pains, and he told us that half the rooms have new beds, while half still have the terrible old beds. ASK FOR A ROOM WITH NEW BEDS. If you can get one, make a reservation. If you can't, do not stay here.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Stauchy
There are newer reviews for Desert Hot Springs Spa Hotel

Reviewed 22 February 2011

Its old but fun. Sure there may be nicer places to stay, but overall its a great place to chill and relax. It is like going back in time. Give it a try.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank atollmedic
Reviewed 15 December 2010

When I am in the Palm Springs area, I always stop at the DHS Spa. I find it quaint and laid-back. It is not a Hyatt or Hilton and it is not fancy. If you want that - stay in Palm Springs proper and you can have all the amenities. At this spa, you cannot beat the day rates to use the Spa and pools. It is extremely reasonable. If you have a love of the desert and desert vistas, go there and walk up to the second floor and take in the views. They are sensational! I also like the "European feel" as there are usually alot of foreigners out sunning and taking in the desert air. You can also wear the tiniest bikini out there thanks to the Europeans!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank max77056
Reviewed 14 November 2010

First off, there is no reason to stay in Desert Hot Springs unless you are visiting family and you need a convenient location. DHS is a low income town that most people don't feel safe in. This hotel was probably pretty cool in its heyday, but today is rundown and shabby. The rooms are in terrible need of renovation (peeling paint, stained sinks, clogged drains, broken fixtures) and the bar/restaurant area is run down. The staff is very friendly, but that doesn't offset the crappy environment. Stay at Miracle Springs instead.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kimc64
Reviewed 9 October 2010

Amazing views of the mountain areas from the pool area. The mineral spas were fantastic. The mineral water is piped right into many different pools. The pools were of many different sizes. From the smallest to the biggest. You had a choice. The service was fantastic. I felt bad checking out knowing I was leaving. Wish I could stay another week !!!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 July 2010

We went with our extended family and stayed here because their sister hotel would not allow pets. OMG-Our room had ants in the bathroom and cockroaches on the wall. The beds were harder than the floor. The hotel is in one of the worst neighborhoods I thought I was in a East LA. I went to walk my dog in front of the hotel and found a heroin spoon on the lawn. As we were leaving a neighborhood family from down the street was trying to sneak in the back. They brought their entire extended family of about 12 people with coolers and all their accessories. One highlight was they did have wireless so, we got on line a made reservations in San Diego and got the hell out of there. I am sure this hotel was the best thing in the 60's and 70's but it was left in the 60's and 70's and needs to be remodeled. The owner needs to spend the night in this hotel. If the owner spent the night here he would demolish it and start over.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank RonMrtnAZ
Reviewed 4 July 2010

Had a great stay. Highly recommend using hotels-and-discounts.com , better pricing. My stay was fantastic. Rarely saw the the help around but the facility was very clean and the pool staff was out early a.m. cleaning the pool. Front desk upgraded my room to a pool view at no charge! That was great p.r. Will be there again next week just because...

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple