We decided to spend a weekend at the Miracle Manor after Sunset Magazine named it in their "Best of the West" issue. I will certainly be questioning Sunset's reviews from now on. It described the Miracle Manor as a hotel with mid-century "lux" decor. Maybe if you consider IKEA lux (nothing against IKEA--I love it--but lux it is not). Fine, the place is casual and low-key. Unfortunately, it is also dirty and delapidated yet still charges fairly high rates. We got massages from a surly masseuse who ended up charging us $90 more than we were quoted. The people who work there seem to be playing at running an inn. Very disappointing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Miracle Manor Retreat is a six-room 50s era spa motel that sits atop Miracle Hill. The Miracle lies in the aquifer some 400 feet below the surface – the source of geothermal mineral waters. Innovatively restored by its owners, artist April Greiman and architect Michael Rotondi, the Manor’s highly detailed simplicity invites reflection, renewal and rejuvenation with two therapeutic geothermal pools, customized spa treatments, peaceful aesthetic and seamless embrace of its desert surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Miracle Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Miracle Manor Hotel Desert Hot Springs
- Miracle Manor Desert Hot Springs