“Essence at Two Bunch Palms”

Casino Restaurant at Two Bunch Palms
Price range: US$20 - US$40
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Essence at Two Bunch Palms”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We had heard that the restaurant at Two Bunch Palms had undergone some changes but were more than pleasantly surprised at the extent of the change. A whole new ambiance had been created with light and airy designs and a very comfortable feel. The manager, Ryan, was very attentive to detail and spent some quality time chatting with us about the wines we brought. (Had we known their wine list was so good and very reasonable we would have chosen a wine there.)
A new chef was at the helm and what a wonderful meal was presented. Bacon wrapped local dates, fresh beet salad with amazing goat cheese and our entrees were to die for. Steak and beautiful lamb chops with perfect sauces.
The next morning Chef Charles came out to meet us as we were raving about our breakfasts. An extremely pleasant experience, Essence is by far the best restaurant in the whole area.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Lindanpaul

Seattle, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Healthy food at moderate prices”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Didn't like that they were out of the fig salad and the butternut squash soup - But the breakfast Burrito with Veggie Chorizo was very flavorfull

Visited May 2014
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“"Casino" is now known as "Essence"”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

A major upgrade from a dated and tired restaurant to one that is beautifully designed, with greatly improved food choices and preparation. The homemade borscht was outstanding and very different from the traditional. The caesar salad was somewhat ordinary; the pasta was served at a perfect temperature with the sun dried tomatoes and peppers adding all the flavor that was needed. for dessert we shared carrot cake; again, nothing like the traditional. The dollop of frosting was whipped goat cheese, very yummy indeed. DHS is not ordinarily the place to head for gourmet food, but Essence makes the 20 minute drive from Palm Springs worthwhile.

• Visited May 2014
Lansing, Illinois
“Mediocre at best.”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

My wife and I stayed at this hotel 27Mar-3Apr14. We had breakfast at this restaurant on our 2nd day. Keep in mind that this restaurant pushes it's healthy menu. If your into watching what you eat or counting calories while your on vacation, this might be the place for you. You will not find any salt or pepper shakers on the tables. We found the food to be bland and the service was poor. It took 3 staff members to get my wife the beverage that she ordered. The restaurant is decorated nice and the view is good but I would skip this one and try some of the establishments in town when I return for another visit to DHS. We found the portions to be small for the price. This restaurant is not good value for the money.

• Visited April 2014
Vancouver, Canada
“bathrobe anyone?”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Walking into this small but very tastefully decorated restaurant I was in awe of the beauty of the décor which was very well done and original and relaxing and artistic, with a great color palate.We were seated at a small table for two... that was close to the fireplace a bit HOT at times but none the less comfortable. Now here comes the bomb. Everyone including myself was dressed well as this isn't a pool café its a fine ding restaurant in a resort/ spa.. or so I thought? in comes a table of 4 with the couple in their bathrobes! Not joking, and the other two men in t -shirts very casual as well. seriously? it threw us right off the main course! hahaha .That has got to be NOT allowed, surely there is some dress code here? The average person with any class or common sense or PRIDE would take the time to go to their room and change for dinner.I don't care who you are, that was absolutely dis-respectful looking at this guys exposed feet while I attempted to enjoy myself. Now lets move on to the food. The chef here is Not an executive chef by any stretch of the imagination. The proportions were so off and the plating terrible. The ahi tuna was hard and bland tasteless except for the over use of cracked pepper. Not a good sear, almost raw and cold and blah. I actually picked up with my fork an entire wilted bok choy bulb that resembled a green octopus. The chef didn't even cut the end off or take the time to just add a few leaves which would have been sufficient not the entire BULB! the two carrot spears dirty un cut ends,, I basically left everything on the plate it was un edible except for the wasabi pureed potatoes were were delicious. The wines were good as was the cheesecake but my friends pasta entrée also was bland and he ate almost none of it. The chef needs to go back to culinary school, because I cook better than him and plate better as well. If you have a high end spa and want to compete with the Big boys then something has to be done about the food. The staff however were really friendly and pleasant but for the price you pay the quality was NOT there at all.

• Visited March 2014