“One of the best Hot Springs from under ground, One of rudest front clark”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Desert Hot Springs
Sam's Family Spa Hot Water Resort
Ranked #13 of 22 Hotels in Desert Hot Springs
Reviewed 24 March 2013

I love this place because reasonable price for day use. Forget about hotel room. Not worth to stay. Front Clark person are not welcoming or friendly. If you go winter time, meet lots a people from Canada, North America. I'm always enjoying their story. I love visitors, Hot Springs, price is right for day use but I don't recommend motel room. Try wet sauna next to shower room. Very good.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank hirominator s

Reviewed 19 March 2013

This was our second year here. We came wondering if our expectations were too high and left knowing we would return for year three. It was like coming home and we were sorry to leave when our 6 weeks were up. The park has everything; exceptionally friendly staff, clean facilities, park activities, and the pools and hot tubs are superb. There is lots to see and do in the area but for those wanting to just relax and soak up the sun it is also the perfect spot. The park is well supervised and is very safe for families. We highly recommend this resort.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank kmacor
Reviewed 23 February 2013

We arrived in Sam's RV park at 9pm without a prior booking, having unexpectedly found that RV parks in Palm Springs were all full (in February!) due to an Arts festival over the long weekend of President's day. Our late arrival was no problem - the office is open until 10pm. The park is in the middle of the desert, with views of snow capped mountains. The plots are spacious and it's very quiet. It's easy to find and an easy drive both to Joshua Tree National park and to Palm Springs. Unlike other reviewers, we found that the showers were clean. The park has got two normal swimming pools and three large jacuzzi type basins, which are fed with water from hot springs. They are open from 9am to 10pm and on a chilly evening in February it was great to get in there and chat and relax.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Karen504170
Reviewed 24 January 2013

We stayed left after 2 days. The floor in the changing room and shower area was disgusting with dirt and hair. There is no way those floors are cleaned daily. It looked and felt slimey. Couldn't pay me to go into the steam room or sauna!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Kevin560
Reviewed 12 January 2013

We arrived on Dec 30th intending to stay one month. A day or so later, I noticed a few small pieces of what seemed to be plastic from a shampoo bottle (?) on the floor inside one of the two ladies main shower stalls. Two days went by and it was all still there. I was quite concerned now over how often the showers were being cleaned. To help confirm my suspicions I placed a decoy piece of paper towel in the corner of the same shower stall. Upon checking next evening, no cleaning had been done. It was still there along with the pieces of plastic. By now, five days had passed. I spoke with Debbie the next morning and she tried to convince me that the showers were ‘suppose’ to be cleaned on a daily basis and she would get on to it. The following day showed improvement. That was 4 days ago. My fear of catching a staph infection was just starting to subside when I noticed yesterday morning a dead fly inside one of the two main shower stalls. Sure enough, this morning the same fly was still laying in the corner. Once again, I made a mental note of a few other things that would have /should have been removed had any cleaning been done between yesterday morning and this morning. Such as big hairball on the floor outside the steam room, a large ball of thread on the floor outside the shower stall, and a brown stain on the rim of one of the toilets. Sure enough, this morning everything was still there! When I brought it to Debbie's attention once again, she tried this time to make it sound like I was being overly picky about the cleanliness in there. And instead of dealing with the fact that someone is not doing their job and some serious hosing, scrubbing and disinfecting needs to be done she gave us the boot off her property! Her words actually were “You’re obviously not happy here so you’d be better to leave.”
We left and will never go back. If Sam’s was just a regular Campground / RV Park that standard of cleanliness might be acceptable. But this is a health facility with oodles of people passing though to use the hot springs. Debbie seemed to think I was fixated on "the fly" but my thoughts were that it could easily have been something in human form like blood. Bacteria loves spas at the best of times.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank Charlie B
Reviewed 17 December 2012

We started "Snow Birding" seven years ago in the Phoenix and found that area too busy for our liking. The next year, we ventured west to Palm Springs and just by luck ended up at Sam's. Although our time there was short, it made enough of a positive impression that we have returned year after year staying longer each time.
The staff is friendly and helpful and Debbie, the owner, has been extremely kind to us. Last year we sold our motorhome and bought a trailer to leave at Sam's so that we could bring our wheel chair bound daughter down to spend time. The entire park and grounds are wheelchair accessable and there is a nice sized accessable shower/bathroom in the change area.
We brought our daughter down last year for the first time and she was made to feel very welcome by everyone there. We were also pleasantly surprised to be shown and encouraged to use the portable lift that enables non-ambulatory visitors access to all the pools. She is looking forward to returning with us this year.
The park has rules that help make everyone's visit enjoyable, but not so many that you're afraid to do anything. Dogs on leash (there is a small off-leash area in the park), children must have parental supervision at the pools, etc. If you choose to break the rules, you will probably hear from Debbie or her staff and I, for one, am grateful that they make it their business to ensure that I have a good time.
We are looking forward to returning to Sam's at the beginning of January and becoming reacquainted with people we have met in previous years. We enjoy the social activities that are offered and the fact that our grandchildren are welcome there.
Sam's may not be a five star resort, but it has my "five circle" rating for family being family and pet friendly.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Connie C
Reviewed 24 November 2012 via mobile

Spending a month at Sam's and found the perfect place for desert sun. Appreciate the attention to detail for all services. The management is commended for excellent customer service and cleanliness of the entire property. An issue one evening was handled with professionalism. Close to golf and an enjoyable short drive to all services in Desert Hot Springs. We look forward to return visits because Sam's is a special place with welcoming atmosphere and exceptional value.

• Stayed: November 2012