“Beautiful, relaxing, and great escape”

Tuscan Springs Hotel and Spa
Los Angeles, California
“Beautiful, relaxing, and great escape”
Reviewed 14 October 2012

My boyfriend and I were looking for a nice Day Spa in the Desert Springs area. This place did not disappoint. If you book a treatment at the spa, you can use their jacuzzis and mineral pools. So we decided to arrive early and enjoy some jacuzzi time before getting a couple's massage. The place was beautiful. The spa area had cute cabanas set up around the pools. There was a place to make tea or coffee. That in itself was relaxing. But the massages were amazing. Gloria and Shamera were wonderful. We got the signature massage that incorporates aromatherapy. We both were so relaxed after leaving. We enjoyed our day there so much, we plan to come back later and stay at the hotel. The owner was so pleasant to chat with. We will come back here for a relaxing weekend.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kathy m

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Reviewed 10 June 2012

This place is like a home away from home. The owner is very welcoming. The coffee was amazing. The rooms are cozy and beautifully decorated.

• Stayed April 2012
Reviewed 5 June 2012

My GF and I went to get away from the busy day to day life of Los Angeles. Upon a recommendation from a friend (who knew we were in some desperate need of R&R), we decided to stay at Tuscan Springs.

We rarely left the hotel grounds as it was so accomodating. The volcanic water hot tubs were very refreshing/relaxing. GF got a massage & a facial and feel asleep immediately afterward.

Capped the trip with a wonderful continental breakfast.

If you are looking for a beautiful hotel to get some R&R in. This is your place!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 May 2012 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights at the end of our honeymoon. On the ntrance to the hotel it says 'Enter as strangers, leave as friends' and that is exactly how we felt about our experience at Tuscan Springs.
The hotel is in Desert Springs which is so much better than Palm Springs. It's quiet and has wonderful views of the mountains and deserts.
We were greeted very warmly and shown around the hotel and spa. It is beautifully decorated and the owner clearly has an eye for detail as you discover something new to be seen, everywhere you look.
We chose a room with a mountain view, for the hot tub, but a garden view is equally as spectacular. We were given the complimentary gift of a bottle of champagne which was really generous of the hotel. Something other hotels have declined to do for us due to the cost! Our room was very spacious, we had a good view. There was air conditioning and an ice maker, fridge and microwave.
There are is a swimming pool, a small hot tub and a large hot tub. All filled with the natural volcanic water. There is also a dry sauna room. The pools are open 24hrs for guests to use!
We had a couples massage and I had a facial. The treatments are a reasonable price for what you get. The massage was amazing, a lot of deep tissue, which I like, but I did ache the next day! The facial was so calming and relaxing I kept nodding off during it! For my first facial, I thoroughly enjoyed it.
The continental breakfast is really good, there is a huge choice to pick from. There is also hot and cold drinks and snacks available all day.
Our visit was At the end of the busy season and we were so lucky to be the only guests. It was hot, but that's why we went there! The hotel and spa are amazing whether it's hot or cold. I would go back in any season, it's worth it.
Tuscan springs hotel and spa resort is by the far the best hotel I have ever stayed at in my life and I'm sure I will see it again in the future.

Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 May 2012

My new wife and I checked in for 4 nights at the Tuscan Springs and had a really wonderful stay. The small hotel has beautifully kept grounds, lovely pools of different temperatures and a great selection of continental breakfast food, coffee and tea. The spa treatments were great, and hotel staff wonderfully friendly.

Try to visit the mountain in palm springs on the tramway - worth a few hours of your time for the views, wildlife and experience.

Room Tip: Mountain view jacuzzi is really private with a great view of the snow capped peak!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Los Angeles
Reviewed 17 April 2012

I recently went on a weekend getaway with my friends to Tuscan Springs because I desperately needed some time off to relax because I work so much. When I got to the hotel I was transported into this Italian hotel with friendly service and a warm atmosphere. Driving up to the hotel the surrounding location isn't what I expected but don't let that fool you. The hotel itself is lovely and full of charm. The owners were fantastic and super accommodating. The pools, which have hot mineral water, are open all the time and are extremely relaxing. I even received a massage from Art and taken over with relaxation. It was exactly the weekend I needed to unwind and get rejuvenated. I am definitely coming back on my next free weekend and would highly recommend others to do the same!!! Absolutely the perfect spot for peace and quite and just some time to decompress.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 March 2012

I was in town for a conference in Palm Springs. All of the Palm Springs hotels were booked and so I was forced to look outside of the city. I stumbled across Tuscan Springs and decided to book a room for 3 nights. The location of this hotel is a major problem. When I was driving to Tuscan Springs I literally almost turned my car around. The town and surrounding area is filled with trailers and run down houses in the absolute middle of nowhere. Must be willing to stay at the hotel the whole time or be willing to drive to Palm Springs (15-20 minutes) to eat as there are absolutley NO eateries in the surrounding area. The surrounding area is horrible but the hotel is so adorable. It was literally empty the first night I was there but filled up during the weekend. The staff is very friendly and cordial. The rooms are cute and you really feel like you are staying in someones guest house or room. Very quiet and cozy. I would recommend this location if you are looking to spend a weekend lounging around with your significant other, not if you are looking to dine out and be active outside of the hotel.

Room Tip: Some garden rooms have glass double doors as a front door, which leaves you feeling exposed to the o...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business