“HUMAN HAIR "ALL OVER" THE BEDSPREAD!!! IN plain english "DISGUSTING"!!!!!!”

Tuscan Springs Hotel and Spa
Ranked #11 of 22 Hotels in Desert Hot Springs
Temecula, California
“HUMAN HAIR "ALL OVER" THE BEDSPREAD!!! IN plain english "DISGUSTING"!!!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2013

I frankly do NOT like giving these types of reviews, browse my reviews you will take notice that I like to be "fair". I am a business owner myself, we all know that this economy needs boosting & I am ALL for it! I LOVE PROMOTING BUSINESSES that "EARN" it! People work hard pleasing customers with no "validation" I go out of my way to ENSURE people are aware that I appreciated their hospitality. I could not get myself to turn a blind eye to this FILTH, no reason for it, whatsoever. I AM SORRY, I NEED TO POST WHAT OCCURRED!

THE HAIR WAS ENMESHED IN THE BEDSPREAD SO BADLY IT WAS IMPOSSIBLE TO REMOVE! IT WAS A GROSS NIGHTMARE!!!

I thought "maybe they cut someone's hair on the bed & never washed the bedspread" but once I lifted the fitted sheet off the bed I realized their was DRIED UP OLD PAINT CHIPS & who knows what else! My husband & I quickly placed the sheet back on the bed & grabbed towels & wrapped ourselves in the towels (believe it or not we slept on chairs in the room wrapped in bath towels). We were so disgusted & discouraged we QUICKLY left once we found availability.

WHY...did we not leave that night....
It was 11 p.m. & unfortunately the places we called were booked & over 25 miles away. This place is NOT WORTH your hard earned money NOR your time!!! Too many nice hotels, B&B's, villas to take a RISK at this property. Not to mention CLEANLINESS should be a priority before DECOR...not at this property!!!

Neighborhood?
Nothing to be desired, very unpleasant, nothing but a field across the way that looks like it has not been touched in over a decade, the surrounding area is not mediocre it is less than. I have NO IDEA why the reviews do not comment on any of this. YEA! If you ONLY care about esthetics this is the PROPERTY for you! Who would ENJOY Disneyland if it contained rats.... It's obvious the grounds have not been hosed down in a long time, no thanks!

I have been vacationing in the P. Springs area for over 35 years & I have NEVER in my life seen such a filthy room! NOT EVEN IN LOW BUDGET HOTELS, THIS IS THE HONEST TRUTH! I have traveled to CUBA (3rd world country) & the B&B's were SPOTLESS!!! Not "1" bad experience. I travel often all OVER the U.S. & NEVER have I encountered such lack of hygiene :(

The reason this PLACE has high ratings is due to the esthetics of the property. YES THIS IS TRUE! The spa, the metal lounge beds, the wood beams, the warm interior of the lobby is FANTASTIC! Very impressive actually, I was stunned that the interior has nothing in common with CLEANLINESS. The decor is AMAZING!! The woodwork alone is a standout. TOO BAD they do not have "HYGIENE" on their list of priorities :(

The property needs to be STRIPPED down & cleaned thoroughly!!!!!

BTW...the customer service was indeed EXCELLENT.....

*Noteworthy
Management really needs to have checks in place for cleanliness!

FIVE STAR'S FOR THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank billionsandnocure
TUSCANSPRINGS, Owner at Tuscan Springs Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 26 March 2013
We take all of our reviews, whether positive or negative into account and always try to address any issue. I understand that you are saying you had a bad experience with us however, we do not understand why our "excellent" customer service was never given the opportunity to address your issue or even be notified about your experience. When you arrived at the hotel you were already noticeably upset because you weren't located in the heart of Palm Springs. We are located in Desert Hot Springs and though this area is not like Palm Springs guests come to our Hotel & Spa to enjoy our place. Most of our guests hardly leave our hotel and come for relaxation and to enjoy our mineral water pools. All of our guest rooms have their own fridge so many of our guests bring food with them or have food delivered from a near by restaurant. You mentioned in your review that you are surprised why most reviews don't address this issue of location. This is because guests come to our hotel FOR the HOTEL and not the location. Our hotel creates an atmosphere of relaxation and a feeling of serenity. From the moment you step into our lobby you feel transported to a magical place. I noticed in your review that you used the example of Disneyland and that makes sense since like Disneyland we are in fact a special place and strive to give our guests the best experience possible. Our hotel is not a cookie cutter basic hotel with minimal amenities. And therefore guests come out to Desert Hot Springs for our Hotel & Spa. In fact most of our guests say they prefer Desert Hot Springs over Palm Springs because it is a more relaxed city and not crowded with too many tourists. You mentioned that the land around looks like it has not been touched for ten years and that is in fact correct because we have surrounding the hotel natural native untouched desert land. So for once and for all we are not located anywhere else but Desert Hot Springs and we have owned and operated this property for over twenty years and we are very proud of our city with its beautiful mountain views and magical healing mineral waters that only this city has!
Now as far as you saying that our guestroom is "filthy" that comes to us as a complete shock. First of all you mention that we have bed spreads in our rooms, this is untrue. Every guestroom has a white duvet (sheet) that covers the down comforter on the bed which is replaced and washed after each guest. So you say that this white sheet was covered in so much hair that it looked like someone cut their hair. This cannot be true since I the owner double check every guest room before each check in. You also say that you found "paint chips" in the mattress this also cannot be true since the mattresses are completely taken out of any room being renovated. Also we do not paint our rooms we have them Venetianed Plastered which would not look like paint chips. I went back and checked each mattress and cannot identify anything. You mention that you yourself is a bussiness owner and that you thought we had excellent customer service then I wonder why would you not come and address these issues with us. With each guest we do a tour of the property and escort you to your guestroom. I (the owner) personnally stood at the entrance of your room while you checked out your accomodations which included you touching the top of the bed. I asked you if everything is ok and you said yes. If later on you discover an issue, and feel you have to sleep on chairs why would you not come inform me since we are there 24 hours a day? When you checked in I informed you that I am there 24 hours a day and always accessible if you need anything. Also if you had to sleep on a chair why would you not tell me the next day since again you felt our customer service was EXCELLENT? If someone has a bad experience at our Hotel & Spa we will do anything to help rectify the situation in any way we can! You mention you are a avid travelor then why not discuss this issue with us?
All of our guestrooms are newly renovated and are thoroughly cleaned daily. We pride ourselves on keeping everything well maintained including cleanliness and making it beautifull! How can we have excellent customer service, beautiful detailed decor, a "fantastic" lobby and spa area, as you state, and yet leave a bed covered in hair? We pay close attention to every detail and are bewildered at such a harsh claim!

You mention in your review that you like to be "fair" however you never gave us a fair opportuity to work out this issue that you have stated occured. At Tuscan Springs Hotel & Spa we are not happy that you had a negative experience and wish we could have given you that wonderful experience that so many of our guests have. We wish you well on many more of your future travels!
Camelia
Owner Tuscan Springs Hotel & Spa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
los angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2013

My wife and I have stayed at Tuscan Springs 4 times in the past few years for 3-5 day getaways. I decided to write a review because this place is so perfect. The rooms are beautiful and romantic. The mineral springs are healing. The breakfast area is easy and excellent. The hosts are excellent at helping make everything suitable but also giving you your privacy. The views of the mountains and the deserts are gorgeous. And the prices are very reasonable.

Room Tip: All the rooms are beautiful and comfortable, but if you want an extra bonus then go for the room tha...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
san diego
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed here President's Day weekend 2013 because we decided to go to the desert "last minute" and everything that looked good to us in Palm Springs was booked. We discovered this gem after we expanded our search. I cannot say enough nice things about this place. Relaxing. Beautiful. Wonderful staff. Gorgeous rooms.

• Stayed February 2013
Federal Way, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2012

My daughter and I were in town for Thanksgiving and decided to spend a day at Tuscan Springs. From the moment we arrived, we were treated like royalty. The pool area is beautiful, with comfortable poolside chaises, couches and poolside beds. There are three pools, each offering a different temperature of therapeutic, detoxifying, natural mineral water. The pools themselves are lovely, tiled in shades of blue with stone accents. Since the facility is adults-only, the atmosphere is quiet and relaxing. After we had soaked for awhile, it was time for our treatments. We each had the European Rose Mud Wrap, followed by a massage. These were provided by very expert therapists, and we were more than happy with the entire hedonistic experience. We spent the rest of the afternoon relaxing and soaking. Next time we are in the Palm Springs area we will stay at Tuscan Springs. Its absolutely more than we hoped for.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank rubbertgator
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2012

My boyfriend and I were looking for a nice Day Spa in the Desert Springs area. This place did not disappoint. If you book a treatment at the spa, you can use their jacuzzis and mineral pools. So we decided to arrive early and enjoy some jacuzzi time before getting a couple's massage. The place was beautiful. The spa area had cute cabanas set up around the pools. There was a place to make tea or coffee. That in itself was relaxing. But the massages were amazing. Gloria and Shamera were wonderful. We got the signature massage that incorporates aromatherapy. We both were so relaxed after leaving. We enjoyed our day there so much, we plan to come back later and stay at the hotel. The owner was so pleasant to chat with. We will come back here for a relaxing weekend.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kathy m
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2012

This place is like a home away from home. The owner is very welcoming. The coffee was amazing. The rooms are cozy and beautifully decorated.

• Stayed April 2012
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2012

My GF and I went to get away from the busy day to day life of Los Angeles. Upon a recommendation from a friend (who knew we were in some desperate need of R&R), we decided to stay at Tuscan Springs.

We rarely left the hotel grounds as it was so accomodating. The volcanic water hot tubs were very refreshing/relaxing. GF got a massage & a facial and feel asleep immediately afterward.

Capped the trip with a wonderful continental breakfast.

If you are looking for a beautiful hotel to get some R&R in. This is your place!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple