“close, but no cigar”

Aqua Soleil Hotel & Mineral Water Spa
Los Angeles, California
“close, but no cigar”
Reviewed 27 March 2011

Looks like they're refurbishing this place, but it's not there, yet. With an uncovered electric outlet in our room, I don't think it was even up to code for our visit. Bath linens included: 1 washcloth and 2 off-tinted bath towels. (no hand towels). No extra pillows provided (only 2 pillows on bed). Room heater worked, but put out very dry, uncomfortable heat. It looked like they are repurposing their furniture. It was a nice, modern style, but very dinged-up. Old TV (not flat-screen). The new glass tile in the spacious shower is very attractive, but the odd 2-toned paint on the bedroom walls misses the mark.
We eagerly anticipated bathing in their mineral pools, but temperature of the hottub prohibited that. If pools had been warm enough, providing robes would have been a nice touch--otherwise it would have been a long walk from our room in just swimsuits.
We'll look for another place to stay next time.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
  • Korean first
vancouver, bc
Reviewed 13 March 2011

Rooms are very comfortable. Pool & hot tub sparkling clean. The staff were always accommodating with small requests. The food in the restaurant is not only delicious & well prepared but very reasonably priced.
Only thing we might add is not to book Sat. night during school break times as it gets very noisy and pool is taken over.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
San Jose, California
Reviewed 7 March 2011

My vision of a perfect weekend getaway is what I experienced here. The front desk told me upon arrival that they had done some extensive remodeling recently, and it really showed. Lush landscaping with palm trees in the the courtyard; my room fresh, modern, and comfortable....perfect. But the trademark of this hotel resort are the mineral spas and pool. My room had a private mineral spa in a partitioned room in the back. Incredible. There are also outdoor spas, and a large pool in the courtyard. Capped off with the very friendly staff with excellent service that really made my stay enjoyable and relaxing. Hotel has a restaurant, but you are only 15 minutes away from Palm Springs with all their trendy restaurants and bars. Absolutely love!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank sjcbayarea
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 19 February 2011

I escaped from cold of Seattle to Palm Springs CA. Actually the hotel much better than we expected. People are very friendly. The room is big and clean, new carpet, especially the bath room is so clean.
We enjoy in a warm swimming pool. Relax in mineral spa and my skin is so soft and moisture after used. We have a good time at the hotel and we're planning to go back next year. It is 15 minute to Palm Spring Casino. We enjoy sunny, night life and stay in a nice hotel. Nothing I can ask more.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Ontario, California
Reviewed 16 February 2011

From the looks of the hotel from the outside, you couldn't tell what a beauty it really is. When we first arrived we were greeted promptly, they were friendly and quick to help us get a room. The rooms I must say are gorgeous, very well decorated and welcoming. The only problem I had with the place is the staff. It's really frustrating when you ask room service for something or a question and they either can barely speak English, or are too busy talking with other staff and flirting, or listening to their ipods and ignoring you. For trying to have a nice peaceful getaway, they were extremely loud when people are trying to sleep in. Overall, this place is so beautiful just really needs to get new staff, on a more professional level. Then this place would be paradise.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
AquaDHS, General Manager at Aqua Soleil Hotel & Mineral Water Spa, responded to this review, 17 February 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your honesty and the lovely compliments concerning our rooms. Referring to the negative aspects of your stay, I respect and understand your comments. We work very hard on our customer service and the quality of our guests stay. This type of feedback is extremely helpful. I can honestly say that I am vey proud of my staff, but there are moments like this, that tells me we have to get better. That being said, I would like to invite you to call me personally to discuss your stay and what we can do to show you our sincere concern in this matter. Please call me at your earliest convenience.

My deepest regards,

Sabine Pollermann
Aqua Soleil Hotel & Mineral Water Spa
San Diego, California
Reviewed 14 February 2011

This is an amazing find! Don't judge by the drive by. It's close to San Diego and Los Angeles. You must stay in one of their newly remodeled suites. Includes a private Jacuzzi, which is actually big enough to swim in :) The grounds are lovely and the staff are amazing. Anything you could need or want just ask them, I bet they have it! We stayed for the Valentine promo and OMG I could not have been more pleasantly surprised!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cvs721
Palm Desert, California
Reviewed 31 January 2011

I cannot recommend this hotel enough. Our room was perfect with our very own private hot springs jacuzzi in it. The room service was delicious and wonderfully priced. The whole staff were incredibly friendly and helpful. It was like home but better :)

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
#9 of 73 in Palm Springs
Two Bunch Palms
Two Bunch Palms
#4 of 22 in Desert Hot Springs

Been to Aqua Soleil Hotel & Mineral Water Spa? Share your experiences!