“Great nearby getaway”

Aqua Soleil Hotel & Mineral Water Spa
North Hollywood
“Great nearby getaway”
Reviewed 13 October 2011

Spend two nights here with my husband for a quick getaway and was very pleased. It started off with Ella being very accommodating when we checked in; she was very caring and made sure we were satisfied. The pool was great and loved the mineral Jacuzzi also. The restaurant was also great, and the prices were fair. We were satisfied with our stay and would visit again.

Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Christina K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
  • Korean first
Grapevine, Texas
Reviewed 11 October 2011

This hotel still has a long way to go to be a proper hotel. The people were nice, but the property in general is still dated. There are 110 rooms, and at the time we stayed there were about 14 rooms occupied. It was lifeless. The linens were rough...the bed was cheap and uncomfortable, and the tv had only a limited amount of channels, and there was no closet in our room, all we had were hooks on the wall to hang our clothes. The door lock wasn't installed properly...It's like this place hasn't been inspected for hotel standards.

I'm a 16 year Massage Therapist, so when we booked there we thought it would be more like a cool desert spa, however, we were mistaken. The hotel doesn't really advertise their spa...and the hot tub outside must be the big attraction. The pool area isn't bad...it's actually the nicest place on the property...

We were also advised to make reservations at their resturant...That was sorta a joke...it wasn't busy on a Saturday night! When we ordered from the prefix menu, they were already out of the 2 main courses on the menu! AT 7! The quality of food also isn't what you'd like when you're on vacation...

THere is also nothing to do around the hotel...I know this isn't the fault of the hotel, but when you're on vacation, you look for things to do in the city...We ended up going to Palm Springs everyday.

Stay in Palm Springs, you'll have a better experience! The people leaving the GREAT reviews on this property must not travel much.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
Oceanside, California
Reviewed 8 October 2011

Sure, this is a true case where "you can't tell a book by its cover" because on the outside, its NOT attractive at all.. Needs a total update on the exterior. I think if the place was painted white, and not the ugly pink shade that dates back to the 70's would be a great improvement.

Inside is an entirely different story. The rooms are tastefully done, decorated in coordinated colors, relaxing and inviting. The staff that I had interactions with were all very friendly, knowledgeable, and pleasant.

The pool area was relaxing and beautiful. I would highly recommend this place for those who are wanting something off the "beaten path" and want somewhere very quiet.

If you ever need anything while staying there, the general manager was always helpful in accommodating us !!!

Room Tip: Try and stay on the 3rd floor where the rooms are newly renovated, and better views of the mountains...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Gilda W
Reviewed 5 October 2011

My parents told me to go there because they have been there before and liked it. So i got 2 of my friends and we headed out there for the weekend. Everything seemed good, the front desk lady Ella was VERY nice and extremely polite, so we checked in, the rooms were very nice with a decent size patio and a LCD tv. The pool area was very clean with a lot of rest areas and trees. All was going well until the manager "Stephanie" accidentally saw 2 beer bottles standing BEHIND the sunbed (we were pouring the beer into plastic cups) and started YELLING at the top of her lungs at us as if we set the hotel on fire or something. All of the people at the pool were staring at her like at a crazy person. Anyway we admitted we were wrong and apologized to her and asked for the beer back and promised that this would never happen again. She said NO NO NO!!! you broke the rules so i threw it away. Even 2 guests who we didn't know interfered in the "fight" and were on our side! Anyway we had a long fight with her and didn't get anything back so we were super pissed.
I don't understand how the owner of this hotel could make her the manager. If i was the owner i wouldn't let her anywhere near the guests. If it wasn't for Ella we would of probably left that hotel. Me and my friends travel a lot and we've NEVER been treated that way in ANY hotel especially by a manager. She really has attitude problems and also needs to take anger management classes.
If you end up going to that hotel try to avoid dealing with Stephanie, she will make sure your stay there will be a nightmare.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank Anton S
AquaDHS, General Manager at Aqua Soleil Hotel & Mineral Water Spa, responded to this review, 12 October 2011
Dear Anton,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Aqua Soleil Hotel. I appreciate very much your kind words about the hotel facilities, amenities and some of our employees.

The Aqua Soleil Team is very sorry that you had this incident with one of our staff members. I would like to extend my apologies from all of us for any hardship that incident caused and I can assure you that this is not our usual behavior towards any guest.

Sometimes human beings lose control of their emotions and unfortunately that happpened to one of our employees which ended up in an argument with you and your friends.

Instead to draw a scenario - what could happen if one of the bottles get broken and ending up inside the pool and injuring someone - the employee lost control and gave her opinion and emotion free range.

Once again I apologies for that incident and the entire team is keen on to regain your trust and patronage.

If you would like to talk to me in person please contact my personnel email: sabinepollermann@yahoo.com

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed 4 October 2011

We have been loyal clients of this hotel for almost two months residing in the hotel weekly. "We"- means a family of eight people. We dine at the hotel's restaurant every visit, meaning that we spend ENOUGH amount of money including tips. Being very satisfied with your hotel, we promote it among our clients (we run our own business), and already attracted several of them. Therefore, we expect to be treated accordingly. But since the very first visit one of the hotel's employees, Stephanie, was not very friendly to us. At first, we did not pay much attention to it but then it became more obvious with each visit. Also, while interacting with other hotel guests, we have learned that Stephanie treats other guests with this unpleasant attitude too, intimidating some of them. Is this person suitable for Public Relation/ Guest Services position? We felt rather uncomfortable and unwelcome, and if it wasn't for Ella, another hotel representative, we would never return to this place again. Ella's professionalism, lovely personality and helpfulness corrected all those unpleasant impressions caused by Stephanie. Thank you, Ella! We also are very grateful to those people working at the restaurant, i.e. waiters and the chef, as well as other hotel's employees. They have all been very professional and welcoming.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Alex U
AquaDHS, General Manager at Aqua Soleil Hotel & Mineral Water Spa, responded to this review, 10 October 2011
Dear Alex,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about all the good things and also the not so good experiences at the Aqua Soleil Hotel during your last visit. I appreciate your honesty about your feelings regarding the treatment you experienced; I am very sorry that you and your family members have felt that you haven't been very welcomed here. I have met your family on several occasions and please believe me, we are very happy to have you here; we appreciate all customers coming and staying at the Aqua Soleil.
The goal of the Aqua Soleil Team is to make everybody who comes thru our door happy and a satisfied and a hopefully returning guest. Unfortunately some days we can't live up to those standards and unpleasant things happen. I don't want to nor will I defend the kind of actions and behavior that you experienced and I am very upset about this matter. I promise you that the team was briefed on any and all issues regarding your family and any other customer's comments and it is our utmost goal to regain your trust and loyalty to the hotel.
I would like to talk to you in person for that reason please contact me if you wish on my personnel email: sabinepollermann@yahoo.com

I remain sincerely yours,

San Diego, California, United States
Reviewed 3 October 2011

I booked this place on expedia with a $50 credit toward spa services. I called the day i booked it (a month in advance) to confrim the spa credit and schedule a spa service in advance. It was confirmed and schedule. The place looked very nice in the pictures online at the website... and the reviews seemed good as well. However, when we drove up.. we were shocked at the appearance outside. The sign was missing from the "resort" and the outside looked like an old motel 6 building. Well i'd have to say Motel 6's outside appearance is even nicer than this was. The stucco was falling off the building.. had old medal stairs just a complete 360 from the pictures. Still remaining positive, (because the rooms seemed so nice and we arent staying outside the hotel but inside) we went in to check in. The front desk lady was very nice, but tells me as i check in that they moved my massage from 10:30 to 12:30. Would have been nice to know ahead of time in case i had lunch plans, but that was still fine since i had no plans. Than i ask about the credit to double check. She says she has no knowledge of any such credit but would check and call expedia for me. She proceeds to walk us to our hotel room and we run into the manager. This is where it went all downhill. The manager (an older lady) was completley and blatantly rude to us. She said hi very nicely but when the front desk lady told her our dilemma with the spa credit.. she abruptly and rudly said NO, we dont give credits for spa..we'd be losing money if we did that. I said well im just wondering because that is what i booked on Expedia. She rudley says NO NO NO.. so at that point i was upset and i said well NO NO NO isnt an acceptable answer.. she says back, well its going to be NO NO NO! We called expedia, they credited me in full..no luck on anyone knowing about the spa credit. The manager offers to find us another place stating she thinks she knows our taste.. when i ask her how much these places are that she is offering to book us at because we are looking to only spend what we paid here if not a little more.. she says oh well you might as well stay at hotel 6... we are the cheapeast around here. RUDE! We went on expedia and that same day booked at Marquis Villas Resort for $10 more a night. This resort was lovely.. only 2 streets behind palm springs canyon rd (the main strip) vs Aqua Soleil which was in palm desert about 20 to 25 min away from downtown. It also was a full on condo for $109 a night.. with jacuzzi bath tub, full on livingroom, kitchen, dining and huge patio. The inside was more of an early 90's look with the mauves and pastel colors and tropical bedding but very nice, nonetheless, and very close to everything.. literally minutes. If i were you, i would spend the 10 bucks more or even look for another place around the same price. I guarentee it will be much better than the decieving photos of this place and hopefully better customer service. I would have given this place a shot if the manager wasnt as rude as she was.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Christale S
AquaDHS, General Manager at Aqua Soleil Hotel & Mineral Water Spa, responded to this review, 7 October 2011
Dear Christale,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience and impression concerning your recent visit Friday 30th September 2011 to the Aqua Soleil Hotel. Please accept my apology for the issues concerning your last visit. I have been abroad and just returned to the hotel. I got to know about the incident from our log book and thru your review at Trip Advisor.

As I learned from your review, your experiences haven't been pleasant at our hotel. I have investigated the entire matter and have addressed your comments.

I would like to let you know that it is not our usual procedure and attitude towards guests, to act in this kind of manner, and I feel very disappointed that a small misunderstanding like that escalated in that way. I am sure that we could have resolved that in a more professional manner.

I would like to confirm that you had a booking including a Spa Credit, as I could retrieve from your booking date of the 19th August 2011 with Expedia. I am terrible sorry it was overseen in the check in procedure and instead of checking all reservations and booking details it was rather disputed then resolved.

It is very important that we hear each and every experience a traveler has while on holidays at the hotel. Most important is the criticism so that we may improve on our weakness when it comes to hospitlaity.

Please accept this apology. I would like to speak to you in person - for that reason please feel free to contact me on my personnel email: sabinepollermann@yahoo.com if you wish and agree to be contacted by phone from me personal.

I remain sincerely yours,

Reviewed 23 September 2011

We had a wonderful time staying at Aqua Soleil Hotel. The personal was very professional and pleasant. I like the fact that Management of the Hotel always trying to improve everything for better experience!!! We stay at the mentioned Hotel several times already and it's already proving that WE LOVE IT!!! I would like to say special thanks to Ella, front desk!!! Good job!!! Very helpful and professional lady!!! I would ask administration to noticed her job!!! Almost forgot to mentioned FOOD!!! You must to try everything there!!! So good and delicious!!!!!! I recommended Aqua Soleil to a lot of my friends already!!!!!!! Thank you staff for providing a pleasant stay at your place!!!

Room Tip: I think every room is grate....but try a suite for SURE!!!!!
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
#9 of 73 in Palm Springs
Two Bunch Palms
Two Bunch Palms
#4 of 22 in Desert Hot Springs

Been to Aqua Soleil Hotel & Mineral Water Spa? Share your experiences!