We stayed here via a "Romance Package" Groupon. For starters, the staff was very friendly & helpful.
We were escorted to our room upon check-in, which was a different experience and I wasn't sure what to make of it. Our voucher said 2 "welcome cocktails" were included but upon check-in, this wasn't mentioned to us & we asked about it later in the evening, which is a self pour from a bottle of champagne that looked to be sitting out in the lobby area for a while (didn't partake). For some reason, I thought that would be a well drink of choice at the hotel's bar/restaurant.
The champagne & chocolates/snacks assortment was very basic. We got a standard Brut champagne with plastic glasses, 1 milk & 1 dark chocolate Lindor truffle balls, snack size bag of almonds, gummy fruit snacks, Ritz cracker & cheese, peanut butter crackers, hard granola bar and a chewy granola bar.
The rooms are renovated and overall decent and the bed/pillows were comfy. The pool/jacuzzi area was nice & looks exactly like the photos on their website. We didn't dine in the hotel's restaurant as selections seemed just OK and it closes too early for late night dining.
The jade bed treatment massage was an interesting experience. First, you are given a key to a private room w/2 massage beds. The room was out of fresh/clean sheets so we assumed the folded sheets on the beds were clean (we hope!). Being a rookie at massage stuff, there was a remote to start the massage bed, but I honestly wasn't sure if I was lying on the bed correctly or how to use these separate attachments and, although the privacy is much appreciated, I hoped someone would've been there to ask if any initial assistance was needed. It was a bit uncomfortable on my lower back. We didn't use the full 30 min each.
Overall, we would consider staying again, but at a promotional rate.
As for local eateries, if you like Mexican food, check out South of the Border (SOB burrito seems to be a local fave) - it's a humble establishment that has good eats for sure!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the foothills of the San Bernardino Mountains and at the edge of Joshua Tree National Park is the city of Desert Hot Springs, California, where you will find one of the best kept spa hotel secrets called the Aqua Soleil Hotel and Mineral Water Spa. Our hotel features three gleaming pools filled with hot mineral water drawn from the Desert Hot Springs aquifer deep beneath the earth's surface by our onsite well. For centuries this odorless and mineral-rich water is believed to hold curative powers. We offer a variety of well-appointed room types to fit your needs, all of which have been recently remodeled. Our Single Queen and King rooms afford comfortable accommodations with unique and radiant color schemes. Our Double Queen rooms offer a second queen-sized bed and are ideal for guests needing additional space. Our Soleil Suites feature a huge 6x10' private, jetted mineral water pool inside of the suite. Our full-service spa, The Spa at Soleil, offers a number of relaxing and rejuvenating body treatments, facials and massages. The Aqua Soleil Hotel and Mineral Water Spa is the ideal getaway spot for those looking for a serene and relaxing atmosphere at an affordable price. Some might say we offer a taste of Palm Springs, just 15 minutes away, without the Palm Springs prices. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aqua Soleil Hotel & Mineral Water Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aqua Soleil Hotel & Mineral Water Desert Hot Springs
- Aqua Soleil Hotel And Mineral Water Spa
- Agua Caliente Hotel
- Agua Caliente Resort