“Scary, Deserted, Bates Motel!!”

Aqua Soleil Hotel & Mineral Water Spa
Reviewed 30 March 2008

My Husband and I just returned from our getaway birthday weekend and it started out as a bad dream! I had booked our trip through Expedia and was trying to save a buck so I booked 2 nights at The Agua Caliente Hotel and was sold on the fact that it was inexpensive and it seemed that everyone was raving about the Mineral Water spa that sounded so tranquil.
We drove up at about 8pm Friday night to an older looking hotel which very much resembled a Motel 6. As we stepped out of the car the wind almost bowled me over it was cold and windy. The weather channel had said it would be in the80's. I know this was night time but all I could think about was not being able to lay out by the pool the next day.
From what I have heard about these desert cities is Palm Springs is the best place to stay (wind wise) because it is next to a mountain and it blocks the wind all of the other cities have windy conditions because they do not have the mountains to block the wind. That makes total sense.
We went into the lobby and was met by a very nice staff member who gave us our keys and even recommended a restaurant. We apparently were miles away from Palm Spirngs which was where we wanted to be. We got to our room on the 3rd floor and the place just seemed deserted. I had a very eeiry feeling and felt very unsafe. We got to the room and it was your typical run down hotel room that maybe would be at a truck stop. The room had a very flat bed with a 70's style quilted bedspread. A decent sized bathroom but I could not shake the creepy factor of this place. We decided within minutes that we could not stay there. We got our bags and headed back down not sure if we were going to find another place. We had to walk by the front desk guy as nice as he was we were honest with him said it wasnt what we expected and we would drive to PS to try and get a room he said "They are all booked up you'll never find a room" we didnt check out we left anyways and chalked it up to we shouldnt have been so cheap in the first place because now our trip went from $300 to almost $900 for hotels for the weekend. We did find another hotel in PS it was great not creepy at all. I always go with my gut and if something doesn't feel right don't take your chances. I called them this morning and will be mailing them the key. Nice person on the phone too. I think they have a nice staff. But this hotel just was not for me or my husband.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 10 February 2008

Where Do I start? I have visited the Agua Caliente Hotel before, very impressed with the changes. The prices went up a bit but overall it seems like this place will become a great getaway. The staffs more friendly then ever, really do make you feel at home. I can’t wait to see the final results of this hotel might become a regular.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 January 2008

Agua Caliente Hotel & Spa, Desert Hot Springs CA
Jan 2 - 7, 2008
(Enjoyed our Stay! At the referral of a friend I made reservations at the Agua Caliente Hotel & Spa. We did not expect the wonderful service and accommodations we received. The Room was newly renovated and beautifully decorated. The personal service we received by the staff was exceptional. The best part was the Hot Mineral Water Pool and Indoor & outdoor Spas. Even though the weather was rainy, the Spa was so warm and relaxing it made our trip a memoriable experience. We plan to return again in the very near future. The hotel was very convenient to many attractions, shopping and restaurants in the Palm Springs area. I would certainly reccommend it to all my friends.

Stayed: January 2008
Reviewed 17 September 2007

I reccomend this hotel especially the Spa suite. When staying here in a spa suite you have your most privacy desirible in a getaway with your lover. I had the best experience with my grilfriend in this hotel. I have to admit that this will become a getaway for me... On top of all this the water is hot natural water, the front desk staff are very knowledegeble with the whole natural springs.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank theoneG
Reviewed 20 April 2007

Where do I start? This hotel is old and run down. The lobby was still decorated with Christmas ornaments in April. The lobby restroom had severe water damage and moldy smell. The hotel room, a single king bed, was dirty and the door would not close all the way unless you leaned against it. We actually slept with the light on because we were worried about bugs or someone trying to come in. The wind did come in from around the door. You could have very easily forced the door in. We also kept our shoes on except for when we slept. The pool was the only nice part about it, but it was way to windy out to enjoy.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank adamandash
Reviewed 22 February 2007

My family and I spent sometime in Desert Hot Springs over the new year. It's a town that is more affordable than Palm Spring in terms of stay and yet you can drive not too far to do all the things you want in Palm Spring. There is a great shopping outlet. We stayed at the Aqua Caliente hotel which is under new management and and still work in progress. From what I've heard, the old management didn't maintain the place very well and the new management now is cleaning and fixing it up. And the other customers(repeat customers) told me it is getting alot better than what it was. For budget reason and close to the town itself, this is a great hotel. It has a swimming pool with hot spring water in it and the water is warm. It also has 2 jacuzzi(indoor + outdoor)
Don't expect 5 stars, but if you are looking for rooms it's available. We really enjoy the jacuzzi there. Staffs are friendly and will definitely stay there again. -kc

• Stayed: February 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank travel8will
Reviewed 12 February 2007

I had stayed here for a total of 4 nights and all i can say is that i loved it! The employees were so nice and the mineral water helped me relax on this short, but wothwhile vacation. if you are looking for a get away, come to the agua caliente hotel and mineral water spa to relax. Not the classiest place, but definately calm and comforting. It was never loud, the pool felt so great, and i got nothing but smiles from the employees. I had a great time here.

• Stayed: February 2007, travelled as a couple