My Husband and I just returned from our getaway birthday weekend and it started out as a bad dream! I had booked our trip through Expedia and was trying to save a buck so I booked 2 nights at The Agua Caliente Hotel and was sold on the fact that it was inexpensive and it seemed that everyone was raving about the Mineral Water spa that sounded so tranquil.
We drove up at about 8pm Friday night to an older looking hotel which very much resembled a Motel 6. As we stepped out of the car the wind almost bowled me over it was cold and windy. The weather channel had said it would be in the80's. I know this was night time but all I could think about was not being able to lay out by the pool the next day.
From what I have heard about these desert cities is Palm Springs is the best place to stay (wind wise) because it is next to a mountain and it blocks the wind all of the other cities have windy conditions because they do not have the mountains to block the wind. That makes total sense.
We went into the lobby and was met by a very nice staff member who gave us our keys and even recommended a restaurant. We apparently were miles away from Palm Spirngs which was where we wanted to be. We got to our room on the 3rd floor and the place just seemed deserted. I had a very eeiry feeling and felt very unsafe. We got to the room and it was your typical run down hotel room that maybe would be at a truck stop. The room had a very flat bed with a 70's style quilted bedspread. A decent sized bathroom but I could not shake the creepy factor of this place. We decided within minutes that we could not stay there. We got our bags and headed back down not sure if we were going to find another place. We had to walk by the front desk guy as nice as he was we were honest with him said it wasnt what we expected and we would drive to PS to try and get a room he said "They are all booked up you'll never find a room" we didnt check out we left anyways and chalked it up to we shouldnt have been so cheap in the first place because now our trip went from $300 to almost $900 for hotels for the weekend. We did find another hotel in PS it was great not creepy at all. I always go with my gut and if something doesn't feel right don't take your chances. I called them this morning and will be mailing them the key. Nice person on the phone too. I think they have a nice staff. But this hotel just was not for me or my husband.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the foothills of the San Bernardino Mountains and at the edge of Joshua Tree National Park is the city of Desert Hot Springs, California, where you will find one of the best kept spa hotel secrets called the Aqua Soleil Hotel and Mineral Water Spa. Our hotel features three gleaming pools filled with hot mineral water drawn from the Desert Hot Springs aquifer deep beneath the earth's surface by our onsite well. For centuries this odorless and mineral-rich water is believed to hold curative powers. We offer a variety of well-appointed room types to fit your needs, all of which have been recently remodeled. Our Single Queen and King rooms afford comfortable accommodations with unique and radiant color schemes. Our Double Queen rooms offer a second queen-sized bed and are ideal for guests needing additional space. Our Soleil Suites feature a huge 6x10' private, jetted mineral water pool inside of the suite. Our full-service spa, The Spa at Soleil, offers a number of relaxing and rejuvenating body treatments, facials and massages. The Aqua Soleil Hotel and Mineral Water Spa is the ideal getaway spot for those looking for a serene and relaxing atmosphere at an affordable price. Some might say we offer a taste of Palm Springs, just 15 minutes away, without the Palm Springs prices. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Aqua Soleil Hotel & Mineral Water Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aqua Soleil Hotel And Mineral Water Spa
- Aqua Soleil Hotel & Mineral Water Desert Hot Springs
- Agua Caliente Hotel
- Agua Caliente Resort