“No Frills”

Aqua Soleil Hotel & Mineral Water Spa
Reviewed 20 March 2013

I spent six nights here recently and left disappointed. Although the room was clean and reasonably quiet, it lacked the little things that would make a stay special. My room had no coffee maker, no ice bucket, one bar of soap for both the sink and shower, limited cable channels (ESPN available in the bar only), and no closet. One of the nice maids provided me with hangers and a mobile clothes rack. My roomed was not prepped prior to my last night. The food in the on-site cafe was decent, but the service was incredibly slow, with plates at my table being delivered one at a time. The front desk seemed very inexperienced and not at all curious about my stay. An experienced hotel operator is needed here. Also, be warned that the hotel is located near a windmill farm and it can get extremely windy. The price is right for those on a tight budget, but for my next visit to the area I will look at some of the other hotels with a national reputation, even if it means paying a bit more.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank fergieODU
There are newer reviews for Aqua Soleil Hotel & Mineral Water Spa

Reviewed 17 March 2013

We stayed in this hotel whilst visiting family in Palm Springs and absolutely loved it. The rooms were very good - modern and clean and the courtyard with 2 spas and a pool was great for relaxing in. Good value for money and highly recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BJohnstone
Reviewed 17 March 2013

Got a groupon to this place and checked it out online before purchasing. BEWARE: their website photos bear absolutely no resemblance to the real thing. Calling this place a spa is ridiculous, there is no spa, they have motel rooms they have transformed into treatment rooms and bring in outside therapists. In their defense, my therapist for a facial was quite good. Also, it's clean and the staff is nice. But bottom line: we were expecting a hotel spa resort in the dessert and we got a renovated motel on the side of the road with a nice pool and a couple of hot tubs.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 March 2013

My best friend and I stayed here for a girl's weekend. We did enjoy the courtyard area that they had as the pool was very nice and a nice temperature. They also had a lot of cool hang out spots through out which was nice if you just wanted a quiet spot to read or chill. The hot tub in the gazebo was also really neat to have. These were all the positives.

The rooms I was less impressed with. The bed was so/so and it was very dark, there was hardly any lighting in there. The bathroom was nice and that was probably the best feature of the room. The room just did not lend itself to relaxing but rather made we want to only be in there when I had to be.

The hotel is also not very close to many places which while not a big deal is something to consider. It took about 25 minutes to get to Palm Springs downtown. Desert springs just did not have much in the way of places to eat so you had to drive for it all.

I also want to comment on the restaurant that is attached. I did not let this affect my review of the hotel as they are technically separate but as I mentioned earlier there are not many places that are close by so we went to the restaurant for breakfast. It was the WORST! The food was terrible, my potatoes were burned, my friend got the wrong food. Our waitress was non existent and when she finally brought my drink out (20 minutes after I had my meal) it was the wrong drink. Then at the end when we paid, she stood over me and wouldn't hand back my card until I signed the bill. I just had never had such a bad experience at a restaurant before.

So go enjoy the courtyard and relax outside but don't expect too much from your room and please do not eat at the restaurant!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 March 2013

We were traveling from San - Francisco to Vegas with 2 night stop in Desert Hot Springs, and we glad we did. But first thanks to groupon, and thanks to management to have employees who make our stay unforgettable.
I will highlight few Ella, I believe operations manager, our lovely housekeeper Olga, and sweet server Gabi and everybody who work there, Thank you, we will return soon.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 12 March 2013

I like this hotel. The room are big and clean. The pool and jacuzzi are perfect. Very friendly staff, especially front desk manager Ella Mnatsakanova. We forgot my shoes in the room at check out time and figured it out in couple of hours when we were very far from hotel. Ella found it and sent to our home. We adore this place and will stay again.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 March 2013

KISS THIS
Rated by Tina O
Staying there before we check into "We Care Cleansing Spa" dow the street for a week.
Its a great place to plop your head and dip into the hot springs. Its an older charming hotel and clean. We adore this place and the people are so accommodating with an accent.
Reasonable is more than fair its out right perfect for the dollar spent. Anyone who has written a bad review is not well traveled an most likely complains about life in general.

RATING 1 out of 5 Kisses or Kissed off

#9 of 73 in Palm Springs
Two Bunch Palms
Two Bunch Palms
#4 of 22 in Desert Hot Springs

Been to Aqua Soleil Hotel & Mineral Water Spa? Share your experiences!