This would have been a steal of a deal for a wayside stop on a road trip. I purchased a groupon for our one-night stay here($69 for a weeknight), intending a quick getaway for my husband's birthday. The room was nice, as pictured online, with crisp white linens for the bed, modern tiled shower with a luxurious rain shower head, microwave and fridge in the room, and clean enough.
The pool area was very beautifully designed, but when we arrived on a Sunday afternoon, towels were strewn about the patio, as if a pool party was just winding down, and most of the guests had gone, but cleanup was not underway. The indoor jacuzzi was beautiful, but lukewarm at best. The poolside service was attentive, with the wait staff coming by frequently to ask if we would like to order drinks or food. We didn't order anything.
For the price, this is a great motel. As a "spa" getaway, it was not what I was hoping for (no fresh towels at the pool most times, visible mold in the shower grout, no piping hot soak in the jacuzzi). Although I was disappointed it didn't have the feel I was looking for, I got what I paid for.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the foothills of the San Bernardino Mountains and at the edge of Joshua Tree National Park is the city of Desert Hot Springs, California, where you will find one of the best kept spa hotel secrets called the Aqua Soleil Hotel and Mineral Water Spa. Our hotel features three gleaming pools filled with hot mineral water drawn from the Desert Hot Springs aquifer deep beneath the earth's surface by our onsite well. For centuries this odorless and mineral-rich water is believed to hold curative powers. We offer a variety of well-appointed room types to fit your needs, all of which have been recently remodeled. Our Single Queen and King rooms afford comfortable accommodations with unique and radiant color schemes. Our Double Queen rooms offer a second queen-sized bed and are ideal for guests needing additional space. Our Soleil Suites feature a huge 6x10' private, jetted mineral water pool inside of the suite. Our full-service spa, The Spa at Soleil, offers a number of relaxing and rejuvenating body treatments, facials and massages. The Aqua Soleil Hotel and Mineral Water Spa is the ideal getaway spot for those looking for a serene and relaxing atmosphere at an affordable price. Some might say we offer a taste of Palm Springs, just 15 minutes away, without the Palm Springs prices. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Aqua Soleil Hotel & Mineral Water Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aqua Soleil Hotel And Mineral Water Spa
- Aqua Soleil Hotel & Mineral Water Desert Hot Springs
- Agua Caliente Hotel
- Agua Caliente Resort