“Not all that it name claims”

Aqua Soleil Hotel & Mineral Water Spa
Reviewed 27 April 2013

I have never stayed in the Desert Hot Springs area prior to this trip, I probably won't consider it again. I expected there to be a Spa there was not, They simply converted a few rooms into treatment rooms. The rooms was clean cheaply renovated, they are trying. But over all its too far from everything in Palm Springs. They also mention a workout room that they no longer have. Glad I used the Groupon and didn't pay full price. I did have a massage, that was the best part. Wonder if she works somewhere else?

Room Tip: Have the Hotel is being renovated right now.
1  Thank Christine92057
There are newer reviews for Aqua Soleil Hotel & Mineral Water Spa

Reviewed 26 April 2013

This would have been a steal of a deal for a wayside stop on a road trip. I purchased a groupon for our one-night stay here($69 for a weeknight), intending a quick getaway for my husband's birthday. The room was nice, as pictured online, with crisp white linens for the bed, modern tiled shower with a luxurious rain shower head, microwave and fridge in the room, and clean enough.
The pool area was very beautifully designed, but when we arrived on a Sunday afternoon, towels were strewn about the patio, as if a pool party was just winding down, and most of the guests had gone, but cleanup was not underway. The indoor jacuzzi was beautiful, but lukewarm at best. The poolside service was attentive, with the wait staff coming by frequently to ask if we would like to order drinks or food. We didn't order anything.
For the price, this is a great motel. As a "spa" getaway, it was not what I was hoping for (no fresh towels at the pool most times, visible mold in the shower grout, no piping hot soak in the jacuzzi). Although I was disappointed it didn't have the feel I was looking for, I got what I paid for.

3  Thank Dyeanna87
Reviewed 23 April 2013

Ok, yeah, I went here on a Groupon, but wow was it over advertised. Definitely not a "spa hotel" or experience at all. I felt like I got sold a Hyatt but got an almost Motel 6. This is definitely an old hotel and they are trying to upgrade but just not there yet. Yes, there is a new Kafe but the menu was limited, overpriced, and their hours were very strange. Just when I was ready for an afternoon cocktail and snack...closed! We were very disappointed. I will say that the bartender and a few other staff members were great and even they said this was not any better than an average motel. Also, this is in Desert Hot Springs. Be aware its a HIKE to any "civilization". DHS is a very small community, no good restaurants, and only 2 halfway ok bars. You have to drive 20 minutes to get to anything nice in Palm Springs or beyond. Lastly, there is no protection from any landscaping anywhere in Desert Hot Springs so we were at the pool enduring what felt like 30 mph wind. Umbrellas wouldn't stay up, magazines blowing away, etc. The pics definitely make this place look much nicer than it really is. Oh and the "free massage deal", its a massage bed, that plugs in, not a person. If you do want a real person, the "spa" (using the term loosely) is extremely overpriced. Its a converted hotel room with a weird vibe. I guess if you get a bargain basement price it might be worth it, but set expectations accordingly.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Angeroo
Reviewed 12 April 2013

My boyfriend Alan and I stayed here for two nights and we had a WONDERFUL experience here. We arrived late in the evening and was greeted by Louie, (Security/Night shift check in guy) He let us know that the pool and spa was open 24/7.
Doug made sure I was able to get an appointment for a massage at a time that was convenient for me and Kenny was a great Masseuse making sure to give me the BEST Massage I have had in a long time.
Stephine was our check-out Lady and gave as some helpful hints for our next visit
Sabine Pollermann made sure we had what we requested, and checked with us to make sure we were having a good time
WE WILL RETURN TO THIS FINE HOTEL

1  Thank Reniebin
Reviewed 11 April 2013

I bought my stay at this hotel on a groupon. I have had wonderful experiences with the places I have stayed in through groupon until this... I think they are in the process of trying to put this dilapidated hotel back together. Maybe what they need to do is close down until they are done with the renovation. Everything was half-done. Our room was somewhat re-done, but the light was out in the bathroom, there wasn't enough toilet paper or towels. The "restaurant/bar" had a B rating and was open sporadically through the day. The pictures online of the pool area were nothing like what you actually saw. The chairs had no cushions, the pool towels consisted of a basket of what looked like old bath towels in all different colors & sizes. The umbrellas still had the tags on them and were probably purchased at walmart, because they were so cheap and kept blowing over. Our favorite was the view out behind the hotel, an old overgrown motor home park. This was less than luxiourous and a big disappointment. It was supposed to be an anniversary getaway for my husband and I and we decided to not count it and plan something else. I can't imagine how angry I would have been had I paid full price. This was a bust.

4  Thank Sharon32825
Reviewed 8 April 2013

My boyfriend and I picked this hotel for a last minute get-away weekend without knowing much about the area except we wanted a warm relaxing weekend. We both have a lot of hotel and restaurant experience over our lifetimes so when we pulled up we didn’t quite know what to expect. We were greeted by the most accommodating pleasant friendly staff I've ever experienced at even the nicest 5 star resorts. Dave, the hotel manager, stated "we set ourselves apart by our service". This is heart felt by all the staff members. Stephanie at the front desk greeted us with a warm dry humor that set the stage for our stay. Nate (Bartender and Mixologist) makes cocktails to order and is everything you want to see in a bartender. He has a variety of specialty cocktails that will make you sprint to the bar for one last specialty before his shift ends. If you like Gin (and even if you don’t) you have to try his CoolWater. We booked the queen room with our own Jacuzzi pool. This could have been a disaster but the upgrade was worth it. The pool room is separated from the sleeping quarters and doesn't funkify the suite at all. It is very romantic for 2 but big enough for 6 so if you come with friends during the cooler months absolutely get a room with a pool. Our deepest thanks to Dave, Nate, Stephanie and all the rest of the staff for a GREAT weekend experience. We will most certainly come back here again.

Reviewed 7 April 2013

We have patroned a number of hot water spas in Desert Hot Springs and we're very impressed with Aqua Soleil. Not only is the property clean and modern, they also have the best therapists around. Ask for Kenny or Nina, you won't be disappointed!

2  Thank NinaBrad
#9 of 73 in Palm Springs
Two Bunch Palms
Two Bunch Palms
#4 of 22 in Desert Hot Springs

Been to Aqua Soleil Hotel & Mineral Water Spa? Share your experiences!