We were road travelers just looking for a stopover on a long road trip. Nice that the Aqua Soliel is a bit of an oasis in an otherwise corner of hell, and all the rooms and walkways face in, toward the palms, pool and hot tubs. Staff were pleasant, attentive, and helpful, but the business seems to be in a state of transition, with the newly remodeled rooms still in process. Sure, we had a new, but undersized flat screen, but the old TV armoir was still there, out of place, converted to a closet of sorts, and shoved into a corner. We had a light that wouldn't shut off, were short on personal amenities (TWO cups, but only coffee for one!), a shower, but no tub, and I couldn't stand the noisy air conditioning unit which woke me up every time it cycled on all night long, although the bed was comfortable. The bar and restaurant are practically non-existent, but we did strike it rich by buying several pulled pork and chicken sandwiches off the Happy Hour menu, which we had delivered to the room while we caught the Forty-Niner game. The pork, particularly, was execptional. Speaking of TV, the channel selection is HORRIBLE...some 10 channels only, and extremely poor variety. I never understand why all news networks are not represented at hotels. No CNN, no MSNBC, only HN and Fox, which isn't even a news network. The message seems to be: "If you are an open-minded progressive thinker, we don't want you to stay here." This is a hotel trying to be finished, and isn't, but has some sweet touches, like the fruit-infused ice water in every floor lobby, and the pool open 24-hours. I'm sure they'll continue to improve, as it seems that they care.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the foothills of the San Bernardino Mountains and at the edge of Joshua Tree National Park is the city of Desert Hot Springs, California, where you will find one of the best kept spa hotel secrets called the Aqua Soleil Hotel and Mineral Water Spa. Our hotel features three gleaming pools filled with hot mineral water drawn from the Desert Hot Springs aquifer deep beneath the earth's surface by our onsite well. For centuries this odorless and mineral-rich water is believed to hold curative powers. We offer a variety of well-appointed room types to fit your needs, all of which have been recently remodeled. Our Single Queen and King rooms afford comfortable accommodations with unique and radiant color schemes. Our Double Queen rooms offer a second queen-sized bed and are ideal for guests needing additional space. Our Soleil Suites feature a huge 6x10' private, jetted mineral water pool inside of the suite. Our full-service spa, The Spa at Soleil, offers a number of relaxing and rejuvenating body treatments, facials and massages. The Aqua Soleil Hotel and Mineral Water Spa is the ideal getaway spot for those looking for a serene and relaxing atmosphere at an affordable price. Some might say we offer a taste of Palm Springs, just 15 minutes away, without the Palm Springs prices. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Aqua Soleil Hotel & Mineral Water Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aqua Soleil Hotel & Mineral Water Desert Hot Springs
- Aqua Soleil Hotel And Mineral Water Spa
- Agua Caliente Hotel
- Agua Caliente Resort