Aqua Soleil Hotel & Mineral Water Spa
Miracle Springs Resort and Spa(Desert Hot Springs)
US$103
Tuscan Springs Hotel and Spa(Desert Hot Springs)
US$241
US$234
Two Bunch Palms(Desert Hot Springs)
US$397
US$339
Hyundae Resort And Spa(Desert Hot Springs)
US$83
US$80
US$168
Travelocity
El Morocco Inn & Day Spa(Desert Hot Springs)
US$200
US$179
The Spring Resort & Spa(Desert Hot Springs)
Hotels.com
Lido Palms Resort and Spa(Desert Hot Springs)
TripAdvisor
Desert Hot Springs Inn(Desert Hot Springs)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsprivate poolpalm springsmineral waterspa roomhot tubbottle of champagneopen hoursfire pitpalm desertcontinental breakfastking roomrelaxing staymini fridgepool towelsbring your ownget awayjoshua tree national park
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 September 2013

We bought the voucher through Groupon and were so excited that we'd be visiting a "Spa" for the weekend....looked forward to a relaxing, upscale experience but were disappointed in the quality of the place. I will break it down by pro's and con's since there were many of both.

Pros
------------------
-Friendly staff (with the exception of the girl working the front desk when we arrived...she was a bit rude)
-Gorgeous pools/spas
-LOVED the movies that they play on weekend nights at the pool on the big screen projector....awesome touch especially with children! My son LOVED watching the movie that they played while he swam and ate snacks poolside.
-Loved the decor of the room we stayed in, as well as the room of our trip buddies
-Pretty shower, adorable furniture (armoire, dresser, etc)
-Olga, the housekeeper, was absolutely amazing and SO accommodating! Such a sweet lady!
-Loved the fruit infused water that they always had out for the guests to enjoy-and in the mornings, they had coffe and mini muffins/pastries sitting out for the guests to enjoy...nice!
-Loved the pool furniture and all of the little spots to lounge around near the pool...very relaxing and comfortable furniture

Cons
-----------------
-Quality of rooms in general was mediocre to poor. Our floor was dirty (and I had a baby with me who wanted to crawl around on that floor). Below the "wood" floor near the entrance of the room clouds of powdery substance would puff out when you walked on it. Not sure what it was, but was terrified to have my baby crawling anywhere near it.
-Room smelled like cigarettes (this is "supposedly" a non-smoking facility but we had smoke wafting in to our room on several occasions)
-Paint on the walls was scuffed and scratched....made the overall look of the room poor. It's amazing how little touches like that mean a whole lot!
-The jade bed was HORRIBLE...it HURT my back so bad. Luckily, I received a free "massage" with the Groupon deal, or I would have been very upset paying for something so terrible. Plus, the "massage" rooms were poorly converted guest rooms....the decor was cheap, and thrown together. To me, it appeared that they draped white bed sheets over the walls and ceiling to make it appear to be a serene, floaty, zen massage room but it really just looked like they threw sheets up. Also....the white sheets that they give you to place on the massage bed before hand were dirty in the "clean" sheet pile. The one I picked up in particular had what appeared to be fresh blood stains all over it. So disgusting.
-The patios on the rooms were decent (ignoring the horrible view of the street and run down area that the place was in) and there was a nice little table out there, but not a chair on any of the balconies. Why a table with no chairs....? It made no sense. We would have sat out there and drank our coffee if we'd have been able to. Disappointing.
-The restaurant was only open for breakfast and dinner....on the last morning, the restaurant was not even open in the morning when we wanted to get breakfast....wasn't sure why....it should have been.

The overall experience was mediocre. It truly felt like a glorified motel. We really liked most of the staff. Even with the deal, however, it was overpriced. Unfortunately, we would not likely return.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Kim G
Reviewed 18 September 2013

We were road travelers just looking for a stopover on a long road trip. Nice that the Aqua Soliel is a bit of an oasis in an otherwise corner of hell, and all the rooms and walkways face in, toward the palms, pool and hot tubs. Staff were pleasant, attentive, and helpful, but the business seems to be in a state of transition, with the newly remodeled rooms still in process. Sure, we had a new, but undersized flat screen, but the old TV armoir was still there, out of place, converted to a closet of sorts, and shoved into a corner. We had a light that wouldn't shut off, were short on personal amenities (TWO cups, but only coffee for one!), a shower, but no tub, and I couldn't stand the noisy air conditioning unit which woke me up every time it cycled on all night long, although the bed was comfortable. The bar and restaurant are practically non-existent, but we did strike it rich by buying several pulled pork and chicken sandwiches off the Happy Hour menu, which we had delivered to the room while we caught the Forty-Niner game. The pork, particularly, was execptional. Speaking of TV, the channel selection is HORRIBLE...some 10 channels only, and extremely poor variety. I never understand why all news networks are not represented at hotels. No CNN, no MSNBC, only HN and Fox, which isn't even a news network. The message seems to be: "If you are an open-minded progressive thinker, we don't want you to stay here." This is a hotel trying to be finished, and isn't, but has some sweet touches, like the fruit-infused ice water in every floor lobby, and the pool open 24-hours. I'm sure they'll continue to improve, as it seems that they care.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Les L
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Outside could us some work, since the rooms have been updated. Not sure why they call it Mineral Water Spa, since all we smelled was Clorine. Was annoyed when I got into bed at 9pm and my side of the bed, mattress was wet!! They put us in another room, got into bed again 9:30pm turned on TV and had no signal, security came up, said it was a bad cable box and off to ANOTHER room we went. That room was ok, except for the huge crack on the ceiling, but we stayed. Got 2 free 15 min. Jade massages, the beds made A LOT of noise and was not comfortable at all. Got 2 free drinks at the bar which was nice, the bartender was nice. Probably won't revisit, only went because Groupon had a good deal. We did get 2 25% off for a massage, but they were expensive even after the 25% off.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ana C
Reviewed 10 September 2013

This place wasn't horrible however it wasn't what I was expecting . The pictures make the rooms look nice clean and fresh, I was under the impression that it had a spa feel to it having the name mineral water spa. When I first walked in it smelled a lot like cigarettes. It didn't bother me too much after all it's just the lobby but I was expecting a nice fresh smell with relaxing music. Girl in the reception desk wasn't as friendly as she could've been but she wasn't unprofessional so she was just okay. The room reeked of cigeratte smell! Like unbearable I had to go buy air fresher . The room was tiny but it looked like it had just been remodeled so wasn't too bad . Pool area wasn't too shabby the "spa" was overpriced and it was just a regular room with a sign that said spa outside It definitely doesn't look inviting. I didnt feel comfortbale getting a service plus it was so overpriced and the spa ambiance just wasn't present! We checked out early because we just felt like we were at a motel and couldnt take the smokey smell inside the room. Front desk girl asked why we were checking out early and we said we just wanted to leave she didnt bother to offer any solutions. Overall the experience was very mediocre. Not bad but not memorable wouldn't stay here or recommend this to any friends unless they had to make a pit stop its better than a motel !

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Michy_017
Reviewed 3 September 2013

It was our first time there, it was comfortable as far as the sleeping and the area it was located. The rooms were updated and clean, staff was nice and the atmosphere was good...I would go back sometime again!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family