“Best 17th anniversary!!!!”

Aqua Soleil Hotel & Mineral Water Spa
Los Angeles, California
“Best 17th anniversary!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

We spent a wonderful time at Aqua Soleil hotel. With my husband we decided to celebrate our 17th anniversary there. And I can say if you want to spend a good time, go to Aqua Soleil. First of all they did cool remodeling for all rooms and now they have a different color, and everything is clean ( i saw other hotels) trust me I'm very series about cleaning. Hotel has bar and cafe with good menu and good prices, I liked the fish that we ordered in the cafe bar . We spent a pretty good time, the pool was good, the hot tubes little bit hot but I spent all evenings in the pool....Great time, great place, great hotel highly recommend. Will come back for sure.

Room Tip: Rooms are very good, especially in premium room with jacuzzi !!! Good for couples.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Nana P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Korean first
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

★☆☆☆☆ Rating a 1 because the pictures are much nicer than real life. The first impression makes you want to keep driving . Looks like an old apartment complex. While yes the courtyard and rooms are nicer and newly renovated I still couldn't figure out where the mineral pool and spas were . I asked reception and they said all had mineral water but none had the distinct smell of true mineral water. I also rated a 1 because if unauthorized charges on my bank account I'm still trying to get hold of someone about but conveniently no one answers the phone . I left approx 3 hours ago and have been dialing without success ever since. If I can't get the charges explained soon I'll never return to this place. If they resolve the issue I may go back but most likely only if I can't book a room in the area and it was a last resort type of situation. Massage experience also a nightmare. My wife's selected masseuse no showed. She ended up with an obvious smoker who breathed smoker breath over her during the hour treatment. Wife got a massage everywhere she didn't want her arms, back, legs, toes??? and very minimal attn to the ONLY area she asked for which was her shoulder area. She came back still super tense in her neck and shoulder area. Wish ppl would pay attn to what the customer asks and pays for.

• Stayed July 2014
6 Thank Jllamas03
Palm Desert, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

This is a great place. The staff was friendly. The food in the cafe was very good and at reasonable prices. And if you are a beer drinker, they have a pretty good selection in the cafe. The room was clean and the price was excellent. I would definitely come back again!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank A B
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Premium Solei Suite Room 124. When we arrive the clerk was not helpful at all and got upset when I asked about the 50 dollar surcharge. He gave us our keys and said "Go down the Hall n make a right." He was very rude. The hotel is remodeled but it looks old n run down from the outside. Once we found our room and went inside it was so nice. I loved it. The color changing headboard n the private pool in our room. It look so nice.
But the only thing that was Bad in the room was that the bathroom door handle completely came off and the private pool smelled to much of Chlorine. My eyes were blood shot red and the water sure didn't feel like it was mineral water. The walls are very thin and when ever our next door neighbor would open or close their door it sounded like someone would pound on our door which kept waking me up.
The pool outside was mediocre and the two hot tubs outside were too hot to get in during the day. I mean it's 100 plus degrees and the water is literally boiling hot. So they were completely empty during the day.The bomb fire was off during the night and no where to get a snack or something to drink if the restaurant is closed.
Overall I liked the room but the Motel sucked and there's nothing to do around the area. Unless you want to go hiking in 100 degree weather or drive up to Palm Springs.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Melissa M
Concord, New Hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

I recently stayed for 3 nights.
The room was spacious and clean with simple furnishings in good repair.
Check in was quick and pleasant. The location is very convenient to Palm Springs and Morongo Valley. The room was a good value for the price I paid.
As others have stated, this is NOT what I consider a resort, but the pool area was very nice and spacious, and numerous families seemed to enjoy it.
This hotel is ideal for the budget conscious business or personal traveller.

Room Tip: Ask for a 3rd floor room at the back of the resort, away from the road.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank TheWandererYeah
Preston, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

My wife chose this hotel as part of a road trip from Las Vegas through to San Fransisco - the location of Desert Hot Springs being a comfortable 4 hour drive after an 11 hour flight... Our choice of town was really one of situation and convenience. After arriving - completely exhausted and barely coherent the reception handled our check-in efficiently, and directed us to our room. The room was a very good, comfortable size and we were immediately impressed with the large spa/jacuzzi behind a glass door that was for our sole use. A quick freshen up and we went to the bar for a light meal and a couple of beers - the food, very good and the choice of draught and bottled beers were a good way to unwind after a long day of travel. We retired to the room and used the jacuzzi to unwind, which was repeated when we awoke in the morning. Breakfast was good - probably better than the evening food, and throughout both meals the dedication to serving us from our waitress (I'm trying to not word anything potentially offensive here... a middle aged lady of Hispanic appearance) was delightful - very courteous, engaging and helpful - just the kind of service that you need when you're travel weary.

We wouldn't rush back to Desert Hot Springs, but as far as hotels go, the Aqua Soleil offers a pretty good service at a reasonably good price, with a nice bar.

Room Tip: Go for a room with a jacuzzi!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Mike D
Oakland, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

We had a great weekend getaway at Aqua Soleil. The pool area is really nice, we enjoyed relaxing in the sun and cooling off in the pool. The hotel rooms are clean and nicely decorated. We got a great deal on a room, so the trip was a very good value. The service was also super friendly. I would definitely come back here.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank Holly P