We visited this hotel in July 2013 as a gift from our son & daughter-in-law and were impressed with the quality of the room, the bar and the restaurant.
We decided to stay overnight last week as a stopover from Phoenix to Carlsbad. We arrived at about 7pm ready for dinner but found that the restaurant and bar were closed " off season" and that would also not be open for breakfast, if this had been mentioned when booking we would have booked elsewhere. As compensation we were given a bottle of "champagne" with a couple of plastic glasses !
The room was still as good but when we went for an early morning swim there were workmen painting the deck and around the edge of the pool, we swam but we had to be careful where we walked and the hot tub was out of commission.
If we ever return there again I will definitely ask what facilities are available before booking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the foothills of the San Bernardino Mountains and at the edge of Joshua Tree National Park is the city of Desert Hot Springs, California, where you will find one of the best kept spa hotel secrets called the Aqua Soleil Hotel and Mineral Water Spa. Our hotel features three gleaming pools filled with hot mineral water drawn from the Desert Hot Springs aquifer deep beneath the earth's surface by our onsite well. For centuries this odorless and mineral-rich water is believed to hold curative powers. We offer a variety of well-appointed room types to fit your needs, all of which have been recently remodeled. Our Single Queen and King rooms afford comfortable accommodations with unique and radiant color schemes. Our Double Queen rooms offer a second queen-sized bed and are ideal for guests needing additional space. Our Soleil Suites feature a huge 6x10' private, jetted mineral water pool inside of the suite. Our full-service spa, The Spa at Soleil, offers a number of relaxing and rejuvenating body treatments, facials and massages. The Aqua Soleil Hotel and Mineral Water Spa is the ideal getaway spot for those looking for a serene and relaxing atmosphere at an affordable price. Some might say we offer a taste of Palm Springs, just 15 minutes away, without the Palm Springs prices. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Aqua Soleil Hotel & Mineral Water Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aqua Soleil Hotel & Mineral Water Desert Hot Springs
- Aqua Soleil Hotel And Mineral Water Spa
- Agua Caliente Hotel
- Agua Caliente Resort