“Nice room, but understaffed, disorganized and unprepared” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Aqua Soleil Hotel & Mineral Water Spa

Aqua Soleil Hotel & Mineral Water Spa
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Nice room, but understaffed, disorganized and unprepared”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2010

We stayed here for two nights while visiting Joshua Tree National Park.

Room: Very nice! Looked sleek and modern, and the Jacuzzi King sized-bed room was beautiful, private and relaxing. They are doing a good job making upgrades to the appearance and amenities inside the room. Try to book one of these King-sized Jacuzzi rooms.

Service: Upon arrival, we discovered they had not recorded our reservation properly, and we almost did not have a room. The staff member was very nice and helpful in rearranging things and cleaning our room at the last minute so we still had the room we requested, so that was good. She also gave us a discount for the problem. Inside the room, the towels were missing, and the fridge was broken. They replaced the fridge, but it began leaking. The coffee maker was broken as well. The restaurant was empty and the kitchen staff were sitting in the dining room when we walked in. Staff continued to hang out in the restaurant and chit-chat. It looked like a casual diner place. We did not ask for the dinner bill to be added to the room, but the waitress charged it that way anyway, which caused us to be billed twice for the dinner. Our paperwork had incorrect names and spellings as well.

Overall, we would not stay there again because of all the numerous service problems and other mishaps. Nice room though! If you go there, just be diligent about making sure things are correct and in place.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
  • Korean first
Cathedral City, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2010

My husband took me to this hot springs hotel for one night, Mothers Day, where I relaxed in the beautifull room, that had our own attached spa room. Wonderfull. I had the best massage (healing hands), and facial. When I left I've never felt so relaxed Thanks, Deborah

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Palm Springs, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2010

I have seen this hotel prior to it rejuvenation and I can say with all the confidence I can afford, the Agua Caliente Hotel & Spa is quickly becoming a primary destination stay. The spa rooms are so overwhelming in decor and comfort. The Gardens are elegant with that rare comforting atmosphere. This hotel is on the rise and should be visited often.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Rancho Santa Margarita, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2010

Our blended family took a day trip to Desert Hot Springs and decided to stay at Agua Caliente. Our expectations were low since most of the reviews were less than favorable, but the price seemed right. What a pleasant, unexpected surprise. The hotel is undergoing major renovation, so at first, it may seem a bit deserted. We were helped in the lobby by a knowledgeable and friendly staff who offered a gift bag of water, apples and a giant Hershey bar, a very nice touch. The rooms were clean and the beds are heavenly. The pools were equally clean and inviting, not to mention refreshing. In the morning, after a quick dip in the hot mineral waters, we had a delicious breakfast in the lobby restaurant served by a smiling and accommodating staff. The warm, desert air and the spicy scent of desert sage added to our enjoyable experience. We'll come back very soon. I

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
Desert Hot Springs, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2009

I have visited this location several times, Main purpose of visits was to find a room for lower rates just to get rest. I have to say Agua Caliente Hotel is improving as they go, even though the "remodeling" has been ongoing for over a year now you can see the changes. I was not able to stay in my favorite room (128 Spa suite) due to remodeling but I cant wait until its completed. By the looks of it this place this will be the place for me every time I'm in Desert.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled on business
San Diego
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2008

This is not a spa or resort; this is an old hotel that is starting to renovate its rooms beginning with the single King bed rooms (so request those!). We had a double King for $100 night and it barely served its purpose for overnight accomodations. The beds are okay, but the blankets are so old they are crispy and have cigarette burn holes in them. How much could it cost to replace blankets every decade?! The room did not smell but you just felt that it did. Be forewarned that there is no alarm clock and no blow dryer...minimum amenities at most hotels and "spas". There is a small fridge that worked and a microwave. They provided 2 small, crispy towels for the 4 of us and 3 hangers in the open "closet." The bathroom is very worn, with vinyl tile and many coats of paint. No decor to speak of. The pool and jacuzzi looked okay (you have to ask for towels at the desk). The restaurant was closed for renovation, but truthfully, we would never have chanced it. The elevator and lobby are dated and old. The lobby boasts a nice, framed magazine review of their spa...from 1998! Check-in was over 30 minutes long because there was only one person working, but check-out was easy: just drop off your giant, old-fashioned metal key. The front desk staff was friendly and accommodating - they have that going for them! Bottom line: sleep there if you must, then leave.

• Liked — last minute availability
  • Disliked — price for what we received
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled with family
      Check-in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Long Beach, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2008

My Husband and I just returned from our getaway birthday weekend and it started out as a bad dream! I had booked our trip through Expedia and was trying to save a buck so I booked 2 nights at The Agua Caliente Hotel and was sold on the fact that it was inexpensive and it seemed that everyone was raving about the Mineral Water spa that sounded so tranquil.
We drove up at about 8pm Friday night to an older looking hotel which very much resembled a Motel 6. As we stepped out of the car the wind almost bowled me over it was cold and windy. The weather channel had said it would be in the80's. I know this was night time but all I could think about was not being able to lay out by the pool the next day.
From what I have heard about these desert cities is Palm Springs is the best place to stay (wind wise) because it is next to a mountain and it blocks the wind all of the other cities have windy conditions because they do not have the mountains to block the wind. That makes total sense.
We went into the lobby and was met by a very nice staff member who gave us our keys and even recommended a restaurant. We apparently were miles away from Palm Spirngs which was where we wanted to be. We got to our room on the 3rd floor and the place just seemed deserted. I had a very eeiry feeling and felt very unsafe. We got to the room and it was your typical run down hotel room that maybe would be at a truck stop. The room had a very flat bed with a 70's style quilted bedspread. A decent sized bathroom but I could not shake the creepy factor of this place. We decided within minutes that we could not stay there. We got our bags and headed back down not sure if we were going to find another place. We had to walk by the front desk guy as nice as he was we were honest with him said it wasnt what we expected and we would drive to PS to try and get a room he said "They are all booked up you'll never find a room" we didnt check out we left anyways and chalked it up to we shouldnt have been so cheap in the first place because now our trip went from $300 to almost $900 for hotels for the weekend. We did find another hotel in PS it was great not creepy at all. I always go with my gut and if something doesn't feel right don't take your chances. I called them this morning and will be mailing them the key. Nice person on the phone too. I think they have a nice staff. But this hotel just was not for me or my husband.

• Liked — Nice Staff
  • Disliked — Did not like anything about this place. Very creepy
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled as a couple