My good friend and I spend a night here just before the holidays to distress and reconnect after a year of being apart. What a good decision to stay here than at some other hotel in the greater Palm Springs area.
I remember this hotel from when I was a kid 20 years ago, and boy have they upgraded. The rooms are lovely with clean modern décor, and nicely sized with a great little seating area in addition to the sleeping space. The bathroom and shower are also nicely appointed.
I would love to tell you all about their new televisions, and automatic lights, and other neat tech renovations, but I didn’t really pay much attention to those (we didn’t even turn on the TV). Why, you might wonder…well, three words – private mineral bath!
This is the real treat, (something that you can’t find at most other mineral resorts in the area), your own private hot mineral bath in a separate room at the back of your suite. You have a natural mineral pool all to yourself. It was lavish to say the least. And rather inexpensive when compared to other places around.
My friend visited from Washington D.C., and I thought this might be a nice place to try out. I am glad I did. There is nothing more amazing than sitting in a private pool sipping on a glass of wine, catching up with a loved one. No kids running around, no other guest talking or bothering; just your own private mineral bath to soak away any stress or tension. It was fantastic. We only left the pool hesitantly for dinner, and it was a tough decision.
They provide lovely plush robes to keep you warm between soaks, and there is a restaurant at the hotel as well (we did not get to try it, but I am told they have a tasty, growing menu of treats and meals).
It’s a larger hotel, but the management and staff were all just wonderful, and clearly cared about their property. When we stayed, they were just getting ready to do a remodel on their exterior (don’t let the façade worry you, just get inside and be taken away).
I highly recommend this for any occasion. I plan on coming back alone just to de-stress myself from the hustle of our modern life.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the foothills of the San Bernardino Mountains and at the edge of Joshua Tree National Park is the city of Desert Hot Springs, California, where you will find one of the best kept spa hotel secrets called the Aqua Soleil Hotel and Mineral Water Spa. Our hotel features three gleaming pools filled with hot mineral water drawn from the Desert Hot Springs aquifer deep beneath the earth's surface by our onsite well. For centuries this odorless and mineral-rich water is believed to hold curative powers. We offer a variety of well-appointed room types to fit your needs, all of which have been recently remodeled. Our Single Queen and King rooms afford comfortable accommodations with unique and radiant color schemes. Our Double Queen rooms offer a second queen-sized bed and are ideal for guests needing additional space. Our Soleil Suites feature a huge 6x10' private, jetted mineral water pool inside of the suite. Our full-service spa, The Spa at Soleil, offers a number of relaxing and rejuvenating body treatments, facials and massages. The Aqua Soleil Hotel and Mineral Water Spa is the ideal getaway spot for those looking for a serene and relaxing atmosphere at an affordable price. Some might say we offer a taste of Palm Springs, just 15 minutes away, without the Palm Springs prices. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Aqua Soleil Hotel & Mineral Water Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aqua Soleil Hotel & Mineral Water Desert Hot Springs
- Aqua Soleil Hotel And Mineral Water Spa
- Agua Caliente Hotel
- Agua Caliente Resort