“Nice oasis get away.”

The Spring Resort & Spa
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Needing a couple days "away from it all" my husband and I booked two nights at The Springs through Groupon. Very easy process. I called to confirm it went throught and the front desk was very polite and accomodating. They asked it there was anything they could do, ie. book treatments, early check-in etc. DON'T turn around while driving there, when you finally get through the door, it truly is a little oasis. The surrounding area is not the best. My dad actually said, "Desert Hot Springs!!!, that's where all the down and out's from Palm Springs go." This made me quit nervous, esp as we got closer and seeing the surrounding area. NOT PRETTY. It was a perfect get away, and very relaxing. The rooms were clean and beds were so comfortable. We have a Sleep Number Bed and my side is set at 40. PERFECT!! The Lather bath products were so nice. They have everything you need in the rooms. We had the King with kitchen, perfect for a couple nights. NO TV. We brought a lap top and used their free Wii fi to watch Net Flixs. The big pool is 90 degrees but in Aug at 105 degrees outside it was refreshing. The 101 degree mineral pool was so relaxing. The reason I am not giving 5 stars is because the small 103 degree mineral pool was dirty. YUCK! The hot sauna was really nice. We didn't book treatments but heard they were great from other guests. You have access to plenty of clean towels. On our way out they gave us two reusable water bottles with frozen water on the bottle. So nice for the drive home to South Orange County.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Amazn1
There are newer reviews for The Spring Resort & Spa

Reviewed 12 August 2013

My wife and I celebrated our wedding anniversary at the Spring Resort & Spa this past weekend and had a great experience. I let them know beforehand that we were celebrating our wedding anniversary and they had a chilled bottle of Prosecco waiting for us upon check-in!

The bed and linens were top notch. Loved the ipod docking station and the wifi. We appreciated the rules regarding the use of cell phones or loud voices in the public areas (although it appeared some people did not get this memo). The three pools were excellent and the different temps seemed to please just about any taste. They allowed late check out which was also a plus.

My only recs would be to pipe in some cool, loungie, spa-like music throughout the resort and pools. Also offer complimentary yoga classes in the early morning on the grassy areas between the two outdoor pools.

My only regret was not taking a half day on Friday and arriving early in the afternoon in order to maximize our unforgettable weekend getaway!

I would highly recommend the Spring Resort & Spa for anyone looking for a relaxing escape from the hurried pace of everyday life! A great option for a romantic get-away or for those seeking to get some R&R.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2013

I just finished staying three days, two nights at the SPRING resort. I have been very overwhelmed and needed a get away by myself. The staff is amazing, the rooms are clean and have everything you need. The spa services I received were excellent. This will be my "get away" spot from here on! Thank you for an amazing experience!

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank Gwentwink
Mike K, General Manager at The Spring Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2013

Thank you for the review Gwen! It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 11 August 2013

At first, it was hard to imagine what we would find inside the doors of the The Spring. Don't be fooled by the outside! Once in, the experience was amazing! We truly appreciated the "no talking on your cell " policy by the pool. It really added to the calmness and peacefulness of the place. We have never felt so rejuvenated, and we could not stop drinking the water. The staff was always ready to help, and everything was fresh and clean at all times.
Thank you for a wonderful time, we will definately be back to this little peace of heaven.

Room Tip: I highly recommend a room with a kitchen. There's not much around unless you go into Palm Sprin...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 August 2013

My daughter, husband and I stayed here this week. The resort was fabulous, pools heaven and the rooms were great. Joe was a wonderful member of the staff. He made excellent suggestions for dining experiences and things to do and was most attentive. Only one suggestion, maybe have some soft spa music playing in the background by the pools.

We will definitely be back again. Thanks Joe, we had a wonderful time.

Room Tip: The beds are soo!! comfortable and the sheets are soo!!! Soft.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 August 2013

My husband and I recently visited The Spring for our second visit. We loved it the first time and love it even more the second time around and are already planning our return trip soon. The staff are angels in human form. Joe, one of the managers, went out of his way to stay late to accommodate us when we made the serious mistake of booking a room at a different resort in the area (just to try something new ... haha! we won't make that mistake again!). The open space, the greenery, the quaint rooms and availability of full kitchens in some of them ... the healing waters and the deep peace and quiet make each visit and unforgettable and deeply healing experience. And for those of you who love mani/pedicures, make sure you book a session with Kim. It was by far the most comprehensive and pampering pedicure I have ever experienced. And I've experienced a lot of them across the country because I travel for my work. Can you tell we love this place? You betcha! We'll be back as soon as we can!

Room Tip: All the rooms are wonderful and some have full kitchens so if you like to cook your own meals this...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We stayed in the Mountain View Suite, which is a secluded room behind the spa building. Used a Groupon deal which saved us like 40-50%.

Pros: Located in a quiet neighborhood amongst other hot spring hotels. Convenient parking right in front of the building (the Mountain View Suite has its own reserved parking spot) - though some may not like that the parking lot is so open (literally next to the street). Staff are friendly and attentive. The atmosphere is quiet and relaxed, with most residents trying to keep their voices down (most, not all). The three pools are warm and the water quality is good. Their drinking water is delicious and refreshing. Complimentary breakfast was healthy and delicious (rye breads, hardboiled eggs, fruit, coffee/tea, yogurt) The Mountain View Suite itself is spacious. Amenities are from Lather, a high-end boutique in Pasadena.

Cons: The pool water could use some cleaning/filtering (a noticeable amount of hair, bugs, twigs in the water). The towels are a bit rough and frayed - could use replacing. Our biggest gripe is the Mountain View Suite climate. You get a wall unit A/C which badly needs to be replaced. Every time it runs, it emits a loud whirring sound, waking you up every 5-10 minutes. Also, you're not supposed to set the temperature below 76 degrees, (which is fine since that's what I set my home thermostat at) but the room never gets to 76 degrees. It's 100+ degrees outside and the room never got any cooler than 80. Needless to say, we couldn't sleep very well from the A/C noise and the high temps. Also, not sure how carefully the room is cleaned - some dust and hair were visible.

Overall, a unique concept, nice layout, friendly service, but the Mountain View Suite (maybe the other rooms too) need repairs or updating.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Mike K, General Manager at The Spring Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2013

Ensuring our guests have a 5 star experience at THE SPRING is our top priority. Feedback like this is greatly appreciated.

We apologize for the poor night’s sleep our guests endured during their visit. We take pride in all of our rooms being cooled by whisper quiet mini spit air conditioning units. When the guest made us aware of the problem with the air conditioner we immediately investigated and the unit has been repaired.

We are proud of our award winning mineral water and while our healthy, delicious mineral water is wonderful to drink, mineral water is hard water and is absolutely punishing on fabrics. We purchase the finest, high quality linens and towels, but sadly after a shocking few launderings, they too have absorbed all the healthy minerals but not in a good way! We’ve tried a host of natural softeners, baking soda and vinegar and of course, we don’t want to use chemical softeners. If anyone has any suggestions we’d love to hear them. In the meantime, from time to time we have to remind ourselves that guests come to THE SPRING to enjoy the gifts of nature and nature’s gifts are… many.

Know that we always have our guests’ interests and comfort at heart and endeavor to consistently improve your experience at THE SPRING.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Desert Hot Springs
Miracle Springs Resort and Spa
Miracle Springs Resort and Spa
#7 of 22 in Desert Hot Springs
Aqua Soleil Hotel & Mineral Water Spa
Aqua Soleil Hotel & Mineral Wate...
#8 of 22 in Desert Hot Springs
#11 of 22 in Desert Hot Springs
Andreas Hotel & Spa
Andreas Hotel & Spa
#8 of 73 in Palm Springs

Been to The Spring Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!